What are you listening to?

Post Reply
User avatar
Longflanks
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 09:03

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Longflanks » 11 Jan 2016, 19:48

Yes he was a very talented man
0 x

User avatar
korbain
Posts: 184
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 21:40
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by korbain » 12 Jan 2016, 16:40

Whats with all these awesome musicians dying. God damn...while i didn't know even 90% of Bowies music from his 20+ albums, i have nothing but respect and appreciation for him as a musician. With that, his branching influence into so many different genres of music.

Besides Bowies big hits, most of the times i knew him was when he would collaborate with some of my favourite artists. I could go on for ages, but yeah, respect and love to David Bowie. If some of his lyrics are go to by, i'm sure he's flying around space as we speak having a blast :D

0 x

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1853
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Sathias » 15 Jan 2016, 21:10

Sarah Blasko does a cover of Bowie's Life on Mars for Like a Version

0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
jambo
Posts: 703
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 00:25
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by jambo » 22 Jan 2016, 11:32

My new favourite band, Elder (metal, progish)

0 x

User avatar
Dinofreak
Posts: 188
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:13
Location: In a cave, under a rock.

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Dinofreak » 24 Jan 2016, 12:23

Awesome track mate. I love it when you post stuff, we seem to have a very similar taste in music.
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

User avatar
DarkMellie
Posts: 1441
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:36
Location: GoNer

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by DarkMellie » 24 Jan 2016, 13:02

I only recently discovered Spotify and have been making endless amounts of playlists. My latest favourite is everything 90's, and thrash metal.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Nitephyre
Posts: 772
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 10:32
Location: ormeau@gc.qld.au

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Nitephyre » 24 Jan 2016, 13:40

korbain wrote:Whats with all these awesome musicians dying. God damn...while i didn't know even 90% of Bowies music from his 20+ albums, i have nothing but respect and appreciation for him as a musician. With that, his branching influence into so many different genres of music.

Besides Bowies big hits, most of the times i knew him was when he would collaborate with some of my favourite artists. I could go on for ages, but yeah, respect and love to David Bowie. If some of his lyrics are go to by, i'm sure he's flying around space as we speak having a blast :D

I missed this post... fucking amazing! Such a great song. I also love the Johnny Cash version.
1 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
korbain
Posts: 184
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 21:40
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by korbain » 25 Jan 2016, 01:02

Nitephyre wrote:
korbain wrote:Whats with all these awesome musicians dying. God damn...while i didn't know even 90% of Bowies music from his 20+ albums, i have nothing but respect and appreciation for him as a musician. With that, his branching influence into so many different genres of music.

Besides Bowies big hits, most of the times i knew him was when he would collaborate with some of my favourite artists. I could go on for ages, but yeah, respect and love to David Bowie. If some of his lyrics are go to by, i'm sure he's flying around space as we speak having a blast :D

I missed this post... fucking amazing! Such a great song. I also love the Johnny Cash version.
It's an amazing song :) The Cash cover of it is great indeed. I'll always love the original version, great final song to a great album.

This version of it is great as well, rearranged a lot of the song. Bowie and Reznor's voice play well of each other.

Reznor produced/helped write one of Bowies albums. That's one of the songs from it, pretty cool stuff :)

0 x

User avatar
Nitephyre
Posts: 772
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 10:32
Location: ormeau@gc.qld.au

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Nitephyre » 25 Jan 2016, 11:39

Ahh, didn't know that. Makes sense, that song is great. I saw NIN back in, shit 2005 :O, they were brilliant.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
korbain
Posts: 184
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 21:40
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by korbain » 27 Jan 2016, 23:16

Nitephyre wrote:Ahh, didn't know that. Makes sense, that song is great. I saw NIN back in, shit 2005 :O, they were brilliant.
Yeah 2005 the first time i saw them live, they were on fire for that tour! lol I've seen them every time they've came out since, i don't think they can put on a bad show.

Reznor released a pretty cool farewell thing about his friendship with Bowie yesterday. Pretty interesting read :)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20160126
0 x

User avatar
Vital-Blurs
Posts: 139
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 00:00
Location: SA

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Vital-Blurs » 02 Feb 2016, 00:10

0 x
Image

User avatar
jambo
Posts: 703
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 00:25
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by jambo » 03 Feb 2016, 13:23

Listening to the remastered Phil Collins albums Face Value and currently, Both Sides.

They sound great and the extra discs of live cuts and demos are great!

Image
0 x

kablekill
Posts: 502
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:23
Location: Not here.

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by kablekill » 06 Feb 2016, 09:07





0 x

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by GamingKen » 03 Mar 2016, 13:16

Metallica playing a concert "The Night Before" for the 50th anniversary Super Bowl this year. In their 50's now too and still constantly playing live and filling arenas! :music-rockon: James is sounding the best he has in years, great news for the new album this year!





1 x

User avatar
jambo
Posts: 703
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 00:25
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by jambo » 04 Mar 2016, 12:06

Been listening to lots of Riverside (prog rock/metal) following the death of the lead guitarist, Piotr Grudziński =[







1 x

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by storm84 » 04 Mar 2016, 18:14

A band that hasn't had a misstep yet. Their first three albums were especially grand.
1 x
Image

User avatar
Brewr
Posts: 67
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 00:26

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Brewr » 06 Mar 2016, 18:22

0 x
http://postsofpartridge.blogspot.com.au/
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198014333343]Image[/url]

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1853
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Sathias » 12 Mar 2016, 01:26

This was just on Rage and I thought the film clip was pretty weird so here it is :P

0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by storm84 » 12 Mar 2016, 15:38

Today has been a bit of a Tool day. Starting tapping my fingers along to Right In Two in my head, so I put on 10,000 Days. Now i'm cranking Lateralus.
0 x
Image

User avatar
korbain
Posts: 184
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 21:40
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by korbain » 14 Mar 2016, 20:43

storm84 wrote:Today has been a bit of a Tool day. Starting tapping my fingers along to Right In Two in my head, so I put on 10,000 Days. Now i'm cranking Lateralus.
Love right in two, great song. Lateralus is their best album though, love that. Hopefully they release a new album in my life time :(
2 x

User avatar
easp
Posts: 91
Joined: 24 Feb 2016, 16:50
Location: Melbourne

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by easp » 17 Mar 2016, 19:14

Been listening a lot to Gang of Youth's album from last year.

And I'm ashamed to admit but Babymetal aswell haha.
0 x

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by GamingKen » 19 Mar 2016, 04:04

Daddy wrote: And I'm ashamed to admit but Babymetal aswell haha.
Ha! Been there, done that :P

New Slayer Video! (I guess I should mention a slight graphic violence warning)
0 x

User avatar
Darius359au
Posts: 465
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 15:14
Location: Adelaide

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Darius359au » 19 Mar 2016, 21:18

Bit of old school metal with Judas Priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BeZRvxSxA
0 x
Image

User avatar
easp
Posts: 91
Joined: 24 Feb 2016, 16:50
Location: Melbourne

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by easp » 26 Mar 2016, 19:40

Had a good listen too Sigur Ros today a bit of Icelandic(I think?)

Inni is still my favourite song apparently it's about your inner lunatic, I can relate!
0 x

User avatar
Gotrek1966
Posts: 328
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 17:03
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Gotrek1966 » 31 Mar 2016, 20:46

Listening to quite a few different bands atm. However seeing as I am a big fan of Gandalf's Fist and am listening to their music a lot.

They are a UK progressive rock band so I doubt anyone would have heard of them over here. If you want to check them out

http://clockworkfable.com/ (latest project they are working on)
http://gandalfsfist.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwsbM2u48E This is from their last album.

Again another pre-order is in the works from me with this. :D


(wander if I can sneak a song into Edon NWN server :lol: )
0 x

Post Reply