Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Nitephyre

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nitephyre » 23 Oct 2016, 10:27

Nekosan wrote:In other news, I've had a bowl of M&M's on my desk for about a month that i pick at. Tonight im watching a movie and this little gecko sneaks his way up, climbs into the bowl like a ninja (while maintaining full eye contact) and proceeds to slowly lick every one of my candies... i probably have some kind of tapeworm now. I wonder how long the little fucker has been at it? :lol:
NotThatDoug wrote:Now you have to get back at the gecko by licking all the spiders and bugs around your house
Hahaha, brilliant! :D
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Celticangel82

Post by Celticangel82 » 23 Oct 2016, 12:47

Fun fact.. cats take size 3 months in baby clothes.. :lol: I totally had to. Since they are being washed anyway.
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 23 Oct 2016, 19:38

Something smells a bit fishy in our household :dodgy: - well I have just been cooking about 3L of fish stock :D. Catalano's Seafoods have an outlet about 5 minutes from our house, and inspiration struck yesterday while buying salmon for baby food.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 23 Oct 2016, 20:30

Sometimes I wish I had my shit together. I'm not even sure where it all is right now. Maybe one day it'll send me a postcard and then I'll know what became of it.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 23 Oct 2016, 21:07

Yurtles wrote:Sometimes I wish I had my shit together. I'm not even sure where it all is right now. Maybe one day it'll send me a postcard and then I'll know what became of it.

I tend to embrace chaos theory personally.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 23 Oct 2016, 21:23

Fairly sure the centrelink system is designed to denigrate people until they get sick of it and magically find employment. I remember it in my very early 20's and absolutely hated every minute of it.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 23 Oct 2016, 22:17

Yurtles wrote:Sometimes I wish I had my shit together. I'm not even sure where it all is right now. Maybe one day it'll send me a postcard and then I'll know what became of it.
Just roll with the life toboggan ride.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 23 Oct 2016, 22:24

No one really knows what they are doing. We're all just pretending we do and hoping for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Oct 2016, 09:07

DarkMellie wrote:Fairly sure the centrelink system is designed to denigrate people until they get sick of it and magically find employment. I remember it in my very early 20's and absolutely hated every minute of it.

It is ... only large corporations are allowed to have welfare.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Oct 2016, 10:16

I'd like one ticket to the Centrelink hate train. My partner is making sure to spend the money she gets loaded onto her cashless welfare card wherever it gets accepted as soon she gets it, because we honestly have 0 Faith that when Centrelink ends the trial of it they will remember to transfer the money remaining on the card into out bank account.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 24 Oct 2016, 10:52

More likely they'll send you a letter asking for all the money back. It was only a trial after all.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Oct 2016, 12:57

Got called a "race traitor" for the first time in my life.

Apparently I shouldn't defend "that old muslim prick", not really sure what the drunk at 12PM dipshits were going on about because literally all i did was tell them to back off and let the very clearly Indian Sikh enter the cafe of a catholic man from Lebanon.

Honestly one of the most confusing confrontations I've ever had in my life.

Also cashless welfare ... christ the amount of money we waste ensuring poor people don't misuse that precious $400 a fortnight (I couldn't even pay my rent with that).
Solid proof that the super wealthy have made morons of a huge chunk of the population.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Oct 2016, 13:06

Cashless wellfare seems like a good idea at face value, not that I've experienced it but I do remember working for a Petrol station in a city where Vinnies would give out vouchers for petrol or food at the Supermarket which specifically stated no alochol/cigarettes, and it was amazing how many people would try to trade or sell them just to get their fix.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 24 Oct 2016, 13:12

Spooler wrote:Also cashless welfare ... christ the amount of money we waste ensuring poor people don't misuse that precious $400 a fortnight (I couldn't even pay my rent with that).
Solid proof that the super wealthy have made morons of a huge chunk of the population.
It's pretty bad here too. Working is literally discouraged below the poverty line - for example, my mother is making a LITTLE bit above minimum wage and working full time; as a result, she does not qualify for any assistance, while simultaneously having to play jigsaw puzzles every month to make sure everything gets paid and at least most of it is paid on time. And this is with being as frugal as possible.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Oct 2016, 13:49

Disco wrote:Cashless wellfare seems like a good idea at face value, not that I've experienced it but I do remember working for a Petrol station in a city where Vinnies would give out vouchers for petrol or food at the Supermarket which specifically stated no alochol/cigarettes, and it was amazing how many people would try to trade or sell them just to get their fix.

During my time in america I was made aware of the huge problem with it ... you end up with addicts doing the grocery shopping for their dealers.

If you want to get people off of drugs/alcohol/cigarettes you need to actually help and support them making it harder for them literally just encourages crime.

kittycatArcane wrote:
Spooler wrote:Also cashless welfare ... christ the amount of money we waste ensuring poor people don't misuse that precious $400 a fortnight (I couldn't even pay my rent with that).
It's pretty bad here too. Working is literally discouraged below the poverty line - for example, my mother is making a LITTLE bit above minimum wage and working full time; as a result, she does not qualify for any assistance, while simultaneously having to play jigsaw puzzles every month to make sure everything gets paid and at least most of it is paid on time. And this is with being as frugal as possible.
O yea living in alot of Australia is suuuper rough if you're earning ~minimum wage. I have known plenty of people that would refuse extra hours because they'd lose their rent assistance and starve to death if they went over by too much.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Oct 2016, 14:12

Haha, Spooler you and I will never see eye to eye when it comes to wellfare
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 24 Oct 2016, 14:21

well....just.... fuck.
why do i always get really bad news via phone.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Oct 2016, 14:24

MuscularTeeth wrote:well....just.... fuck.
why do i always get really bad news via phone.
What's up? That doesn't sound good..
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Oct 2016, 14:28

Disco wrote:Haha, Spooler you and I will never see eye to eye when it comes to wellfare

Ha you and the other %50 of Australia that believes "those darn unemployed are the source of all our problems".
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 24 Oct 2016, 14:54

mother in law has a brain tumour behind an ear. early stages to say what treatment, how bad, etc.
but yeah, this isnt good.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Oct 2016, 15:08

Spooler wrote:
Disco wrote:Haha, Spooler you and I will never see eye to eye when it comes to wellfare

Ha you and the other %50 of Australia that believes "those darn unemployed are the source of all our problems".
I don't think they're the source of all our problems, I just don't like lazy or entitled people (which most probably aren't)
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Oct 2016, 15:09

MuscularTeeth wrote:mother in law has a brain tumour behind an ear. early stages to say what treatment, how bad, etc.
but yeah, this isnt good.
Fucking hell mate that's no good at all :/
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 24 Oct 2016, 15:15

ive given up working today. staff head home soon anyway. ive got a beer out already.
ill close up early today. poor missus bawlin her eyes out on the phone.
ill head home grab the kids from my mum and look after them while the wife goes sees her mum.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Oct 2016, 15:47

The problem with the cashless card is that much like our liquor restrictions it does nothing to stop the people with problems, there is totally a grocery blackmarket for booze and drugs in town, just like when they trialled only being able to buy a limited amount anything stronger than light beer between 5pm and 8pm Mon-Sat, I couldn't grab 2 bottles of spirits at the same time because it was over my daily allotment, the people with an alcohol problem just started doing trips between all 3 bottleshops in town and stock piling, some people would even sell their pile on Sunday for extra cash, I could have done the trip around town as well but its just a pain in the arse and not something I should need to do, it just punishes people who do try to do the right thing, this year there were a couple of families in town who saved their money to take their kids to the local ag show for a fun day out, but couldn't do any of the rides or show bags because none of those places are able to accept the cashless card, so even the dodgem cars became part of the black market dealings.

Shit MT, if you ever need to talk feel free to hit me up I'm more than happy to lend an ear, all to familiar with what you guys must be going through :(
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 24 Oct 2016, 15:57

NotThatDoug wrote:
Shit MT, if you ever need to talk feel free to hit me up I'm more than happy to lend an ear, all to familiar with what you guys must be going through :(

I was thinking of you doug mate. cheers buddy. SNAP.
0 x