Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Disco

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 14 Dec 2016, 14:10

Yeah.. forget to take the bin out, and then by the time it gets emptied again we 3/4 fill it straight away
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 14 Dec 2016, 14:38

Sounds weird but I actually like my council with their waste program. We're yet to get a third bin for food or green waste but the local tip is quite a marvel to behold. They have their own recycle shop for stuff which can be passed on. Waste is separated into sections like motor oil, paints, scrap metals, batteries...even a section for unwanted LCD screens. Nice to see they're working on responsible waste management rather than simply chucking everything into a big hole in the ground.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Dec 2016, 14:49

I will admit our council has a good tip, similar to yours Ralph, well separated with a recycle shop too - we also have a green waste bin, but who could be bothered chucking your veggie peels and scraps in it? They just go in with the regular rubbish.

Apparently the council started doing the greenwaste bin so they could make and sell compost, but 98% of what they receive is lawn clippings :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 14 Dec 2016, 14:56

I'd never, ever touch the compost that councils make. The amount of random shit people throw into green waste means you're guaranteed to at least get stuff like nails and other bits of non-organic matter along with stupid amounts of weed seeds. Not really sure what it'd be appropriate to use it on really.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Makena

Post by Makena » 14 Dec 2016, 15:02

I use our green waste bin for garden waste, weeds and tree bits that I trim, my kitchen vegetable waste goes into my own compost bin I have behind the shed, pretty effortless to use as I'm fortunate to have the space for it where it's well out of the way
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Dec 2016, 15:17

Yurtles wrote:I'd never, ever touch the compost that councils make. The amount of random shit people throw into green waste means you're guaranteed to at least get stuff like nails and other bits of non-organic matter along with stupid amounts of weed seeds. Not really sure what it'd be appropriate to use it on really.
Yeah I've heard of all sorts of shit turning up, needles and all - even the Councillors said they wont use it because it's shit.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

linxus

Post by linxus » 14 Dec 2016, 15:42

Disco wrote:I will admit our council has a good tip, similar to yours Ralph, well separated with a recycle shop too - we also have a green waste bin, but who could be bothered chucking your veggie peels and scraps in it? They just go in with the regular rubbish.

Apparently the council started doing the greenwaste bin so they could make and sell compost, but 98% of what they receive is lawn clippings :lol:
A third bin collection is probably cheaper than doing an annual green waste collection I guess. Most councils surrounding ours have a third bin by now I think.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Dec 2016, 15:51

Yeah, our council used to do general waste pickups a few times a year but they scrapped that recently (higher rates, reduced services), but it seems like a lot of people don't realize and just keep putting their shit out the front anyway :/ You can pay for them to come pick it up, but it's a few hundred dollars, which is a joke.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 14 Dec 2016, 15:52

Cheaper to get a skip or hire a trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

CherryRed

Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 14 Dec 2016, 17:50

Yurtles wrote:I'd never, ever touch the compost that councils make. The amount of random shit people throw into green waste means you're guaranteed to at least get stuff like nails and other bits of non-organic matter along with stupid amounts of weed seeds. Not really sure what it'd be appropriate to use it on really.
I wouldn't just assume that without looking into how your council actually makes it?

Our council is definitely at the forefront of waste management. At our facility, waste from the green bins is shredded and taken to compost tunnels where the waste is turned into compost which is made to Australian quality industry standard.

Unlike some commercially-available compost which is produced in open windrows, the high-temperature tunnel process at our facility ensures the finished product contains no weeds, pathogens or other plant seeds and the final product is sifted to remove foreign matter.

Most of this compost is sold in bulk by council’s contractor with hundreds of tonnes of compost being sold each year to farmers, landscapers and garden supply businesses - so in fact, if you go to a local garden supply store here you are most likely paying a premium for what you think is a better product when it's actually the exact same.

0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 14 Dec 2016, 18:52

I was actually referring to how my council does it. There's massive piles of it sitting at a lot of the dumps because nobody wants it. Good for yours for doing it properly though.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 14 Dec 2016, 20:03

Fair enough, you just said "councils" so I assumed it was a generalisation across all councils :)

0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 14 Dec 2016, 21:01

kharis wrote:yeah we had a car broken down in front of our bins once and the bludgers didn't even think to stop and wheel the bins across 2 metres (the owners of the broken down car didn't think to move them either). I went off at everyone that day. they came back and did the waste but they wouldn't come back for the recycling so we had a very full bin for two weeks

I'm going to side with the garbos on that one, put your bin where it's meant to be and it gets picked up. "Just pick up that one bin" is the kind of entitled bullshit people pull with me every day by expecting me to ruin my entire schedule for just their one event because "it's just one, what can it hurt?". I'm pretty over being screamed at by individuals who think they're a special snowflake so they dont have to follow the rules.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

kharis

Post by kharis » 14 Dec 2016, 21:30

It's not entitled to expect a service is done properly. Bins were in the right place and one of the people on the truck is supposed to be a runner anyway and set the bins for the arm to pickup. I know this because more often than not its my other half doing it
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 14 Dec 2016, 21:44

Sizzler does a surprising good steak
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Matty

Post by Matty » 14 Dec 2016, 22:00

Nekosan wrote:
kharis wrote:yeah we had a car broken down in front of our bins once and the bludgers didn't even think to stop and wheel the bins across 2 metres (the owners of the broken down car didn't think to move them either). I went off at everyone that day. they came back and did the waste but they wouldn't come back for the recycling so we had a very full bin for two weeks

I'm going to side with the garbos on that one, put your bin where it's meant to be and it gets picked up. "Just pick up that one bin" is the kind of entitled bullshit people pull with me every day by expecting me to ruin my entire schedule for just their one event because "it's just one, what can it hurt?". I'm pretty over being screamed at by individuals who think they're a special snowflake so they dont have to follow the rules.
Just sayin, public/civil servants are supposed to serve the public.
Last edited by Matty on 14 Dec 2016, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

CherryRed

Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 14 Dec 2016, 22:13

I agree, if the bins were in the correct location then Kharis isn't being entitled expecting them to be emptied. Garbage collection is a paid service included in your rates.

Last edited by CherryRed on 14 Dec 2016, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 14 Dec 2016, 23:38

I put a dead birb in the green bin once. They decompose so I assume it's fine. Haven't a clue what they do with any of it, but I like watching Mike Rowe help such facilities do their thing. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mini

Post by Mini » 15 Dec 2016, 10:01

This Friday is my work Christmas night, will be my first without my ex wife. Which will be interesting, because I never drank as much because she either wanted to go early, or something else.... Now I have to contain myself... this could end badly...

Work Day Countdown Calendar has begun... Only 5.5 work days to go (including today)...
  • Thursday 15/12
  • Friday 16/12
  • Tuesday 20/12
  • Wednesday 21/12
  • Thursday 22/12
  • Friday 23/12 (Half Day)
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 15 Dec 2016, 10:10

I'm working every day except public holidays, and I'm likely on call on the public holidays anyway.

We have no mobile phone service at work, haven't had it for a week now... and now our internet is so slow that speed test won't even work, which is handy when all of our files are on a server in town that we have to dial into via remote desktop.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Dec 2016, 10:40

A carrier pigeon would be faster
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 15 Dec 2016, 11:45

Throw Disco in some Lycra and make him a bike messenger until you get the internet up and running again!

Rogue One imax today. Leaving toddler with my mother so we can see it. Then I'm on the hunt for ninja turtles
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Dec 2016, 12:34

I had a friend who went to see it at midnight last night.. weirdo - I'm not even sure I want to see it at the cinema, but then it's stupid expensive here, $16 per ticket, by the time you buy two tickets, a pop corn and two drinks it's pretty much $50 down the drain.

And even then it would be okay occasionally, if it wasn't for the other retards you have to put up with being noisy, talking, using their phones etc.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 15 Dec 2016, 14:20

I have to ask...what makes a person become a weirdo by going to a midnight screening ?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Dec 2016, 14:44

It just strikes me as strange, going to a midnight premier by yourself - or even a midnight premier at all. It's something that my friends and I all did when we were teens, then we got responsibilities and grew up.
0 x
Nekosan wrote: