Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Disco

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2017, 15:28

Brad wrote:
CherryRed wrote:Yeah I think that's what it is about, it has to be the right kind of fats too.

I have some more stuff to read through this week to wrap my head around it a bit more though but I've been speaking to quite a few people who are very proficient in this way of eating and who have been doing it long term and none of them 'count calories' all they monitor is their macronutrients, primarily the carb/protein/fat ratio.
100% when you start. weigh everything. I was surprised how much X grams of everything actually was..

#Keto4Life
Don't throw yourself out there or we'll be hitting you up for help :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Jan 2017, 15:31

Gah... work...
Yay I still have a job, boo that I still need to work.

Also as it is still quiet-ish I'm trying to clean up some older work to get it off my backlog, but it is all boring jobs, and I don't want to do them
Only other thing I have is documentation though... and that is batshit boring.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2017, 16:07

I was hoping to win one of the big lotto jackpots over the holidays, no such luck :(
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 09 Jan 2017, 16:21

My job is super busy at the moment, we have heaps of families staying... didn't take long to pick back up after New Year!
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Matty

Post by Matty » 09 Jan 2017, 19:05

CherryRed wrote:Actually, it's far more focused on food groups and less on calorie counting than any other eating plan I've seen before.

It's low carb/sugar, moderate protein, high fat with more focus on macros than actual energy. I've come across a lot of people who are having great success who are only counting macros and who stopped counting calories a few months in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may count macros (which is fine and common) but it's just ketos way of making the end user consume less energy than they expend. It basically just cuts out the 2 foods that make you the fattest the quickest, which is carbs and sugar. It's still calorie counting but it just doesn't feel like it cause you count macros instead.

Either way, what ever reduces the waistline is good for health.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 09 Jan 2017, 19:32

Gosh it's muggy here tonight, I hope it buckets down.

0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Jan 2017, 19:33

We had rain most of the day... now seems quiet...
Annoyingly I had done washing last night and left it on the line today... ahwell...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 09 Jan 2017, 19:34

Always the way, mini... it's been super hot today (for us) and it's sticky this evening.

0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Jan 2017, 20:47

Disco wrote:Pretty sure I hate mosquitoes more than any other creature on the planet.

:lol:
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2017, 21:09

Nekosan wrote:
Disco wrote:Pretty sure I hate mosquitoes more than any other creature on the planet.

:lol:
God I love that show, the first season can go die in a fire but the bromance between those two is something else :lol: :lol: 1 2 3 go! No, 1, 2, go on 3!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 10 Jan 2017, 00:03

Chris Ryan is one of the few authors I read, and I always wonder if it's worth watching the Strike Back series.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 10 Jan 2017, 01:31

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Chris Ryan is one of the few authors I read, and I always wonder if it's worth watching the Strike Back series.

Worth it even if you HATE the actors/writing/whatever if only for the quality of the gunfights, there's nothing else like them in movies or television. Just repeatedly high quality, solidly realistic battles. It's pretty cool watching the actors drills etc sharpen up as the series go on.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Jan 2017, 10:49

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Chris Ryan is one of the few authors I read, and I always wonder if it's worth watching the Strike Back series.
Watch it, but skip the first season IMO, the tactics are fantastic and IIRC they had a former special ops guy on set directing the gunfights and movements/communication of the main guys, their stuff is tight as hell.

I quite enjoy the Chris Ryan/Mcnab action books as well.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Brad

Post by Brad » 10 Jan 2017, 11:10

Matty wrote:
CherryRed wrote:Actually, it's far more focused on food groups and less on calorie counting than any other eating plan I've seen before.

It's low carb/sugar, moderate protein, high fat with more focus on macros than actual energy. I've come across a lot of people who are having great success who are only counting macros and who stopped counting calories a few months in.

It may count macros (which is fine and common) but it's just ketos way of making the end user consume less energy than they expend. It basically just cuts out the 2 foods that make you the fattest the quickest, which is carbs and sugar. It's still calorie counting but it just doesn't feel like it cause you count macros instead.

Just to expand on this a little further, the reason why Keto works so well for many (myself included) is because consuming fats over carbs fills you up and keeps you full longer. -- Which in turn leads you to naturally eating less, thus losing weight.

So the only thing you have to combat is the drug like cravings for carbs (they are real). You wont actually be hungry... My life on carbs is 100% toxic. I'll eat an entire pizza and in 10 min be back at the cupboard looking for snacks, this turns into near constant grazing all freaking day. I could easily put away 3-5000 calories with out batting an eye..

Once I started Keto, I went to 3 meals a day <1500 calories and the weight started melting away. No food cravings, sometimes actually forgetting to eat all together (for me, forgetting to eat is huge, I used to hang out for my next meal/snack/anything i could shove in my mouth like it was oxygen )

I had a taste of my old life over this Christmas period, carbing up and enjoying the holidays... I've found out my weight gain ratio is about 3:1. That is, off keto I put on weight at 3 times the rate that I lose it on keto... SCARY STUFF.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Jan 2017, 11:32

Good info Brad, will be interesting to see how we go I think we're starting next week - going to be a pain to maintain when we go on holidays though.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Brad

Post by Brad » 10 Jan 2017, 12:04

Disco wrote:Good info Brad, will be interesting to see how we go I think we're starting next week - going to be a pain to maintain when we go on holidays though.
Stick to Meat a Veggies and you can't really go wrong.. Just don't eat the chips that often come with. Also, scotch/whiskey is Keto Friendly and only 70 cals per shot ;)
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Jan 2017, 12:44

Now that is good to know about Scotch :D Although you can't just eat meat and veggies 3 meals a day, or can you..
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Jan 2017, 12:45

Disco wrote:Now that is good to know about Scotch :D Although you can't just eat meat and veggies 3 meals a day, or can you..

0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Brad

Post by Brad » 10 Jan 2017, 12:54

Disco wrote:Now that is good to know about Scotch :D Although you can't just eat meat and veggies 3 meals a day, or can you..

Sure you can.. to a point.
My staple day is

Bacon & eggs

chicken/tuna & basic salad

Taco Mince + salad / Chicken + mayo + broccoli / Steak + butter + broccoli

But I'm pretty basic as far as meal satisfaction goes. And I hate cooking to the point that Id probably jump off a cliff if I had to do it as a day job. So if its me cooking and not the wife its generally something like the above.

Edit, I do mix it up a bit.For example I just ate Chicken Tika for lunch. (Pre-made Aldi sauce, No rice) 7g carbs, ~300 cals.

EDIT2: Also this beast used to be on my meal plan every week. Been to lazy to make it recently, despite being able too cook it (4 meals) in about 20min http://cavemanketo.com/meatza/
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 10 Jan 2017, 13:27

Brad wrote:

Sure you can.. to a point.
My staple day is

Bacon & eggs

chicken/tuna & basic salad

Taco Mince + salad / Chicken + mayo + broccoli / Steak + butter + broccoli

But I'm pretty basic as far as meal satisfaction goes. And I hate cooking to the point that Id probably jump off a cliff if I had to do it as a day job. So if its me cooking and not the wife its generally something like the above.

Edit, I do mix it up a bit.For example I just ate Chicken Tika for lunch. (Pre-made Aldi sauce, No rice) 7g carbs, ~300 cals.

EDIT2: Also this beast used to be on my meal plan every week. Been to lazy to make it recently, despite being able too cook it (4 meals) in about 20min http://cavemanketo.com/meatza/
I need to look into the food more, but I'm pleased to read that it can be simple... I don't have the fucking energy or time to make a meal that requires 27 exotic ingredients every night.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Jan 2017, 13:47

Not too mention sometimes some of those stupid exotic ingredients are expensive and sparingly used
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 Jan 2017, 20:30

Brad wrote:
Matty wrote:

Just to expand on this a little further, the reason why Keto works so well for many (myself included) is because consuming fats over carbs fills you up and keeps you full longer. -- Which in turn leads you to naturally eating less, thus losing weight.

So the only thing you have to combat is the drug like cravings for carbs (they are real). You wont actually be hungry... My life on carbs is 100% toxic. I'll eat an entire pizza and in 10 min be back at the cupboard looking for snacks, this turns into near constant grazing all freaking day. I could easily put away 3-5000 calories with out batting an eye..

Once I started Keto, I went to 3 meals a day <1500 calories and the weight started melting away. No food cravings, sometimes actually forgetting to eat all together (for me, forgetting to eat is huge, I used to hang out for my next meal/snack/anything i could shove in my mouth like it was oxygen )

I had a taste of my old life over this Christmas period, carbing up and enjoying the holidays... I've found out my weight gain ratio is about 3:1. That is, off keto I put on weight at 3 times the rate that I lose it on keto... SCARY STUFF.
It sure does work, I lost over 20kgs this way, however instead of cutting out carbs I just ate less of them (ate bread today for instance, but under the kj threashold, so it wont matter). I can't remember the formula but I think roughly 2000kj a day deficit yields roughly 0.5kg loss a week.

If you stick to your deficit and avoid bro science and old people science, you can't lose.

Also didn't put any weight on over Christmas. \o/
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 10 Jan 2017, 23:55

Matty wrote:instead of cutting out carbs I just ate less of them (ate bread today for instance, but under the kj threashold, so it wont matter).
If you stick to your deficit and avoid bro science and old people science, you can't lose.

Also didn't put any weight on over Christmas. \o/

This is the smart way to do it ^

Permanent weight loss requires a change in lifestyle, not a change in diet. Unless you're planning on running whatever fad diet you choose for the rest of your life then you're better off just making permanent, healthier choices. It doesn't matter if you choose full on vegan or just eat twinkies and sit on the couch (a guy did that a few years back to prove a point), all you need to do is burn more than you consume and you'll lose weight.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 11 Jan 2017, 01:42

True. Last February I did a 28 day challenge - no alcohol, sweeteners, bread or pasta, combined with a very reasonable exercise regime. Dropped about 3.5 kgs of fat and put on about 1.5kg of muscle which was a pretty good effort for someone who is fairly small framed and never actually needed to lose that much weight.

Though I haven't kept such a diet (I still moderately enjoy the above), it taught me enough good long-term habits in that I don't binge on foods, eat relatively well and as a result I haven't put any weight on. But after holidays and Xmas, I definitely do need to get back into the exercise routine and be a little more stricter in my diet.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Matty

Post by Matty » 11 Jan 2017, 20:20

You do have to think end game with diets. I'll be moving to a diet that maintains weight after these last 5kgs go. Which is good because I'll get to eat a few 1000kjs more a day and can have something nice a day.
0 x