WADA's Essendon appeal upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport, players banned for 12 months

Yes, and eSports too!
Makena

WADA's Essendon appeal upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport, players banned for 12 months

Post by Makena » 12 Jan 2016, 08:49

Going to be a rouigh season for the bombers, wonder if Melbourne had anything in the contract with Jake Melksham in the event of this happening to protect the club (Same for the other clubs with players now on their lists)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-12/c ... ct/7081874
0 x

Mini

Re: WADA's Essendon appeal upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport, players banned for 12 months

Post by Mini » 12 Jan 2016, 09:00

Was just talking to a mate at work about this. Has pretty much killed the club for this year, and will make youngsters not want to barrack for them.
His Idea - "Shut up shop and move to Tassy and become the Tasmanian club, still called the Bombers. All coaches re-apply for jobs, fresh start in a new spot"

I kind of agree that it is the only way they will help their image now.
I think that some ramification had to come to the club and the players, but it is too late now. 3 years of investigations is way too much.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Nitephyre

Re: WADA's Essendon appeal upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport, players banned for 12 months

Post by Nitephyre » 12 Jan 2016, 10:05

LOL football :D
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Forgetful_Lion

Post by Forgetful_Lion » 12 Jan 2016, 10:43

Carlton's gonna have to work hard for the spoon this year.

Edit: Dank had a lovely attitude towards the players' welfare:

0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 12 Jan 2016, 13:33

The whole thing has been so protracted and farcical it's hardly any wonder that the final result is so harsh, I think there's been a bit of face saving and proving of credibility thrown into the mix.

Part of me is somewhat pleased though, never met an Essendon supporter that I liked.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 14 Jan 2016, 09:55

I say ditch the Bombers this season and let the NT Thunder play instead.

Everyone loves a good underdog story.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mini

Post by Mini » 14 Jan 2016, 10:06

Some of the stuff Kochie is coming out and saying is incredible.
The interview shown on News.com.au says that all 17 other clubs told Essendon to accept the initial ban and move on...
And that the Port Adelaide club will look at suing the Bombers. Could get very messy.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 19 Jan 2016, 13:28

Kochie is a dick and should shut the hell up. I also want to know how he thinks Port Adelaide will win a court case in suing them.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 19 Jan 2016, 16:05

Disruptor4 wrote:Kochie is a dick and should shut the hell up. I also want to know how he thinks Port Adelaide will win a court case in suing them.
He might not have a case with Ryder but with Monfries there possibly could be a case IMO. There seems to be evidence to suggest there was a deliberate conspiracy to keep this supplements regime secret, 19 players when questioned by WADA didn't mention the injections they were being given. It beggars belief that its just coincidence that all 19 forgot to mention them. As such, PA didn't have enough information to properly assess the value and risk of trading for Monfries.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite