Insomniac’s Spider-Man reveal was running on a standard PS4

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

Insomniac’s Spider-Man reveal was running on a standard PS4

Post by NewsBot » 22 Jun 2016, 23:30

The big Spider-Man reveal at the PlayStation E3 press conference last week was a delicious surprise. We'd heard whispers that Peter Parker might be popping up in a new game, but nobody suspected it would come from Sunset Overdrive / Ratchet & Clank / Resistance developer Insomniac Games. Today, we've learned something even more surprising about that stunning gameplay footage.

Read more here
0 x

Stoibs

Re: Insomniac’s Spider-Man reveal was running on a standard PS4

Post by Stoibs » 23 Jun 2016, 09:47

I'm not even a spiderman fan and I was impressed by that, however my immediate thought was that there was no way that this was genuinely running on a PS4 in-game (Same suspicions about Days Gone and the amount of zombies rendered on screen)
I'm still a sceptic about these until I see them running post-launch, no doubt struggling along at 30fps at the very best.
0 x

dotarray
Site Admin

Post by dotarray » 23 Jun 2016, 10:19

My thoughts are that it's like a cutscene / pre-rendered thing, rather than actual gameplay...
0 x
Jessica Citizen, formerly Chienne
Player Attack!

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?" - Ernest Hemingway

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 23 Jun 2016, 12:02

Yes, definitely a wait and see for actual gameplay on Spider-Man. But if they were running that real time on a PS4, that does give me hope that the final product won't be too far off. Because Spidey looked gooood. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details