We Happy Few brings the Joy to PC, Xbox One

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

We Happy Few brings the Joy to PC, Xbox One

Post by NewsBot » 27 Jul 2016, 16:50

If you're fond of deliciously creepy dystopian experiences, you need to pay a visit to Wellington Wells. The 1960s British township is under the influence of a mysterious drug called Joy, which makes it the perfect setting for new first-person stealth survival adventure We Happy Few, which is out now via Early Access and Xbox Preview.
The post We Happy Few brings the Joy to PC, Xbox One appeared first on Player Attack.

Read more here
0 x

Stoibs

Re: We Happy Few brings the Joy to PC, Xbox One

Post by Stoibs » 27 Jul 2016, 17:49

Got my backer key at about 11 last night, stayed up to about 1 downloading and playing a bit of it.
Yeah, it's certainly a nice new take on the survival genre of pitting you in an Invasion of the body snatchers type of hiding in plain sight as opposed to every other survival that puts you on a deserted island or some alien planet or the zombie apocalypse etc.

Nice setting and prologue, I'm already fond of this particular protagonist also.
Probably a bit of a steep price for EA of the alpha-ish sandbox that it only is so far however.
The initial draw for me was the actual story mode in any case, but after playing this I'm now even more keen for the final release.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 27 Jul 2016, 20:46

Of all the kickstarter projects, this was the one I was most excited about. So much so that I don't think I'll play until it's officially released.
0 x

dotarray
Site Admin

Post by dotarray » 29 Jul 2016, 09:19

storm84 wrote:I don't think I'll play until it's officially released.
When we spoke to Compulsion about the game at E3, they seemed pretty savvy about the fact that people are going to feel that way. That's why the Early Access release doesn't feature story mode, to keep Something Special for those who are happy to wait :)
0 x
Jessica Citizen, formerly Chienne
Player Attack!

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?" - Ernest Hemingway