EA admits Star Wars Battlefront lacked the depth some fans wanted

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

EA admits Star Wars Battlefront lacked the depth some fans wanted

Post by NewsBot » 08 Dec 2015, 10:52

If you, like myself, got Star Wars Battlefront day one and after about 7 hours realized that it was monotonous, unbalanced and heavily lacking in content, well, EA has offered up a reason for that feeling: they wanted to make it as accessible as possible.

Read more here https://www.playerattack.com/news/2015/ ... ns-wanted/
1 x

Bicketybam

Re: EA admits Star Wars Battlefront lacked the depth some fans wanted

Post by Bicketybam » 08 Dec 2015, 13:02

Graphic depiction of the game’s sales…
:lol: :clap:
2 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 08 Dec 2015, 14:00

"Accessible" does not equate to:

Lack of a server browser
Denying accesss to customised servers
Only four maps
Ill-conceived gameplay modes
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 08 Dec 2015, 14:20

Also the price of game and DLC, what a bloody joke.

I had someone pay out on me for playing BF4 and that sucked in because I had to pay for extra maps, it made me laugh so hard because it was no different to STBF of which is actually dearer than the release of BF4 and season pass when it was released.
$160, are you friggen kidding me, I could buy 2-3 decent AA-AAA games with that.

On a side not ive noticed COD:BO III is also the same with its DLC at $60 for a season pass, WTF, thats almost the price of a new game.
When will people stop paying for this bullshit.

Oh to add to above,
2 man squads.
lackluster areal combat
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 08 Dec 2015, 14:32

Ralph Wiggum wrote:"Accessible" does not equate to:

Lack of a server browser
Denying accesss to customised servers
Only four maps
Ill-conceived gameplay modes
On those first two points, I'd have to disagree. I can see where EA (and any developer) is coming from with the "accessibility" argument in relation to a lack of server browser and server tools as it does make the game more accessible to a wider audience, the problem is the hardcore players are no longer apart of that wider audience.

Most people I've talked to who play the game on console absolutely love it, I then ask if they've played the previous Battlefront games and they give me this puzzled look and say "Wait, this isn't the first one?"
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 08 Dec 2015, 14:44

I really enjoyed what i played in the beta of walker assault.

But didn't buy due to the fact that it seemed it was going to lack content at release ... seems I've been vindicated in that decision, can't wait till all the DLC is out and there's a nice bundle for around the $40 mark so I can actually experience the entire game though !

Seriously the biggest turn off with battle front for me was being told I'd have to pay $100 and then another 50 to get the entire experience. The way EA do DLC is disturbingly reminiscent of a game in early access ... just at a much greater price point.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Makena

Post by Makena » 08 Dec 2015, 16:53

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Most people I've talked to who play the game on console absolutely love it, I then ask if they've played the previous Battlefront games and they give me this puzzled look and say "Wait, this isn't the first one?"
A friend has it on PS4, he can find games for any mode basically whenever he wants, so it sounds like a much better experience there than we're getting on PC where anything but walker assault can be problematic to find. (There's gametypes I've never seen, as I could never get games for them)
0 x

Venom

Post by Venom » 09 Dec 2015, 09:23

Makena, I think if all the game modes were saturated on PC then it would be fantastic experience. If I had a PS4 I would be considering getting it on that because I personally think the game is great. The 4 maps have an overload of detail, it's truly a fantastic effort.
0 x
Previously Instinx from GON!

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 09 Dec 2015, 09:26

Yeah I think when it comes down to it, lack of players is the real killer for me. I like being able to swap and change modes at will so having more players on playing all different modes would keep it more fresh.
0 x

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 09 Dec 2015, 11:59

I think this game will be like Titanfall on PC, it will fall quickly due to lack of server browser and the likes.

For me Titanfall was a fun game and added some extra things to it to make it fun but having to wait up to 20 minutes for a game in a bloody lobby, because to much for me and im sure im not the only one.

Its seems SWBF is headding down the lack of player path due to many factors, one that some of my friends do say about the game is that even though its spammy (which is fun in its own right), is getting boring very quick because the lack of depth in the game itself.

I played the BETA and even though it wasnt to bad for some run and gun, I found it very frustrating with the lack of squads and vehicle combat with is very limited too.
0 x