DOOM erupts from hell May 13, special edition comes with giant demon

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

DOOM erupts from hell May 13, special edition comes with giant demon

Post by NewsBot » 05 Feb 2016, 10:06

Mark your calendars kids, DOOM has finally got a release date!

Read more here
0 x

HunterKiller

Re: DOOM erupts from hell May 13, special edition comes with giant demon

Post by HunterKiller » 05 Feb 2016, 11:43

OOOooooooo, it sort of brings back some nostalgia with todays technology, I wonder how it will be playing it though.

I can see some arcade online maybe, which may be fun for a change from the current crop of crap.
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 05 Feb 2016, 14:28

The Necromonger in side of me sez "I hope they have improved the multiplayer side of things after the alpha..there were some 'concerning gameplay decisions' that really should be addressed"
However the Furion inside of me sez "To hell with multiplayer, single player is where I'll be!" (hoping it's not broken too!)
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 05 Feb 2016, 17:42

LordPorksword wrote:The Necromonger in side of me sez "I hope they have improved the multiplayer side of things after the alpha..there were some 'concerning gameplay decisions' that really should be addressed"
However the Furion inside of me sez "To hell with multiplayer, single player is where I'll be!" (hoping it's not broken too!)
I hope you don't mind me asking but what was wrong with the multiplayer? Can you answer that without violating some NDA?
0 x

Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo » 05 Feb 2016, 19:53

Rock 'n Roll shot gun, I'm looking forward to this! Better start hiding some money away for a new PC.
BOOM STICK!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 05 Feb 2016, 19:55

Wow, a lot sooner than I thought it would be. Can't wait!
0 x

PALADiN

Post by PALADiN » 05 Feb 2016, 22:55

Hype train engaged!
0 x
XBL/PSN/Origin/Uplay: PalZer0
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/PALADiN
Twitter: @PalZer0

korbain

Post by korbain » 06 Feb 2016, 03:47

Looking pretty good. More hyped than i was from the previous trailer. Brought back some good memories seeing some of those enemies in higher detail haha

I hope they can come close to recapturing the original dooms feeling. That evil, satanic, sci-fi, space sorta thing.

i still replay the original dooms here n there with the doomsday mods. Along the psx version of the music, so good lol
0 x

Hoodoo

Post by Hoodoo » 08 Feb 2016, 20:09

Arggg the search are a decent price begins:

USD$80 or AU$112 on Steam
USD$60 or AU$84 on Green Man Gaming
AU$60 on OzGameShop - http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/doom ... -for-steam
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 11 Feb 2016, 21:27

60 Aussie dollars is alright for a new game :)
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 18 Feb 2016, 12:40

vcatkiller wrote: I hope you don't mind me asking but what was wrong with the multiplayer? Can you answer that without violating some NDA?
Unfortunately I can't talk about things directly. All I can say is the new Unreal Tournament 'alpha' is already superior in every department...even at its alpha stage. The concerns I have were expressed by quite a number of other closed beta participants, via the top secret forums, so hopefully the devs have listened and made changes to improve the gameplay.
I for one though can say that I know I won't be playing Doom for Multiplayer (well co-op maybe) so it's a non-issue for me I suppose. The issues in MP shouldn't be an issue for the single player campaign, even if played in co-op.

Whilst 'not talking' about upcomming games currently under NDA... :shh:
Epics new Fortnite game is hell of a lotta fun! One of the most 'fun' games I've played in a number of years. I've stopped playing everything else atm because of it. :mrgreen:
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 19 Feb 2016, 10:18

LordPorksword wrote:
vcatkiller wrote: I hope you don't mind me asking but what was wrong with the multiplayer? Can you answer that without violating some NDA?
Unfortunately I can't talk about things directly. All I can say is the new Unreal Tournament 'alpha' is already superior in every department...even at its alpha stage. The concerns I have were expressed by quite a number of other closed beta participants, via the top secret forums, so hopefully the devs have listened and made changes to improve the gameplay.
I for one though can say that I know I won't be playing Doom for Multiplayer (well co-op maybe) so it's a non-issue for me I suppose. The issues in MP shouldn't be an issue for the single player campaign, even if played in co-op.

Whilst 'not talking' about upcomming games currently under NDA... :shh:
Epics new Fortnite game is hell of a lotta fun! One of the most 'fun' games I've played in a number of years. I've stopped playing everything else atm because of it. :mrgreen:
A fair enough. Admittedly I'm not interested in the multiplayer either, I'm a single player fan. Oh and I'm going to play with Snap Map. Hopefully a lot.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 19 Feb 2016, 22:39

So theres coop in this doom? Thats good news. Im sure its been plastered on a news article and i missed, but i love coop. Just picked up far cry 4 and hoping to coop in that lol
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 19 Feb 2016, 23:15

Not last time I heard, although maybe it changed...

http://www.pcgamer.com/dooms-campaign-w ... p-support/

(Although apparently coop experiences can be made with SnapMap...)
1 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 22 Feb 2016, 02:09

Damn, i just thought the guy that played it above meant there was coop in it :O was mega excited...hopefully they add coop to the campaign. Had some awesome times playing coop in the original dooms :)
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 22 Feb 2016, 09:01

Oops, my mistake.
I haven't read too much about what's in the game...and just assumed they'd have some form of co-op in the campaign...not really too sure why they haven't got it in. Two player co-op would be pretty awesome if you ask me!
1 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 22 Feb 2016, 13:17

Too right. I think coop is possibly the best kind of multiplayer. Not having it in the campaign is a huge omission. Oh well hopefully we'll see a bunch of fan efforts to produce coop content for the game, not the same but as close as we'll get I guess.
1 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 22 Feb 2016, 21:36

Lets all pray to the gods for doom coop. Nothing to lose putting it in there, i doubt this will recapture what the originals offered since you usually had the big open spaces and plenty of enemies to shoot together :p Still, i'd like to play through the new doom with a friend :)

Are they releasing mod tools for the new Doom? Hopefully the fans can do it if not in it at launch...
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 22 Feb 2016, 23:11

From what I recall all we're getting is SnapMap, no full modding tools. It's another thing I'm kind of hoping they change their mind on...
0 x

phylum

Post by phylum » 23 Feb 2016, 01:03

I heard from people who poked around the alpha's files that there might be some kind of SDK support. Not sure if it's just an internal tool or not at this stage, but we can dream. They just need some Q3 movement plus a rebalance and this might be a half decent online game ;D
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 23 Feb 2016, 22:34

Yeah would be a shame if there aren't proper mod tools released. Id software were always pretty cool with mod support, be sad if thats changed.

The map editor is cool, should help keep the MP side of things alive. if its the MP is good, hopefully it plays well. Be good having a run and gun shooter like doom for some PVP :D

I can see this game letting me down on a lot of these features i want haha
0 x