Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

This is where all the random stuff goes
User avatar
Darius359au
Posts: 433
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 15:14
Location: Adelaide

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Darius359au » 12 May 2016, 17:18

Disco wrote:Camera is set, looking forward to it dying
I wonder is rats like the same bait as mice ,had a mouse problem so bought some new type of traps,(couldnt find the old style wood and spring wire type), and the suggestion for bait was a smear of peanut paste on the pressure plate! ,18 mice later from adults to teeny tiny ones it would seem peanut paste is quite dangerous to mice ;) :D
0 x
Image

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 12 May 2016, 17:38

Darius359au wrote:
Disco wrote:Camera is set, looking forward to it dying
I wonder is rats like the same bait as mice ,had a mouse problem so bought some new type of traps,(couldnt find the old style wood and spring wire type), and the suggestion for bait was a smear of peanut paste on the pressure plate! ,18 mice later from adults to teeny tiny ones it would seem peanut paste is quite dangerous to mice ;) :D
Yeah mate, I've been using peanut butter to great effect!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
Bicketybam
Posts: 447
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 18:45

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Bicketybam » 12 May 2016, 18:24

Vanilla Essence is another good choice. It has the combination of being sickly sweet and strong odour and being a liquid, means they can't nick it off the trap. They have to get close to taste that vanilla goodness...
0 x
Image

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 13 May 2016, 12:36

Interesting tip Bickety, but I think it's on the downward slide now, it can't get to the bait in the current trap without setting it off, and I don't think it's feeling very well at the moment so hopefully it takes the easy bait and gets necked.

On topic however, I did purchase a haircut today! Feeling breezy!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 6923
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Mugsy » 13 May 2016, 14:47

Disco wrote:On topic however, I did purchase a haircut today! Feeling breezy!
Mine's scheduled in for tomorrow morning. Not sure I really want it as it's getting cold in the morning here in Brissie but I start a new job next week and probably should look the part.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by GamingKen » 13 May 2016, 15:23

MuscularTeeth wrote:heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey i hope you enjoy it as much as i have done so far.
so much fun.
I'm really looking forward to giving it a go once I pick up the cable! I see it as a fun way to add a bit of diversity to the songs I learn on guitar :D
0 x

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1081
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Nekosan » 13 May 2016, 22:56

inb4 Disco accidentally puts one of those bull castrating rings on his finger and loses it.


Ingenious trap design really, would be interested in how safe it is to arm.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 14 May 2016, 08:19

hehe still waiting on a rat trap update
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 14 May 2016, 08:31

kharis wrote:hehe still waiting on a rat trap update
No update to report, saw it yesterday afternoon and it may have died since, it wasn't walking very well at all!
Nekosan wrote:inb4 Disco accidentally puts one of those bull castrating rings on his finger and loses it.


Ingenious trap design really, would be interested in how safe it is to arm.
It's actually pretty safe, the ring goes on from the small side and you just arm the safety and roll it down the tube
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 14 May 2016, 08:34

Disco wrote: No update to report, saw it yesterday afternoon and it may have died since, it wasn't walking very well at all!
well that's boring, hopefully it didn't tell the extended family about the really cool bbq before it died
0 x

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 6923
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Mugsy » 15 May 2016, 11:32

So who's won? Man or Mice?

On the topic...

Image

On sale from Humble Bundle store.

Been waiting to play this one. Has 3 player co-op but NONE of my steam friends list has it! - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

User avatar
Gotrek1966
Posts: 326
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 17:03
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Gotrek1966 » 15 May 2016, 15:40

latest music from Gandalf's Fist, a 3 CD masterpiece "The Clockwork Fable" :thumbup:
Below is their 2014 "A Forest of Fey" album :thumbup:

Image
0 x

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by GamingKen » 17 May 2016, 17:52

Image

Managed to pick it up on GOG just before its 90% off sale ended. Quite enjoyed the first one, looking forward to giving this one a button bash.
0 x

User avatar
Lucifer Morningstar
Posts: 121
Joined: 01 May 2016, 23:21
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Lucifer Morningstar » 17 May 2016, 20:30

Japanese whetstone.
Honing Steel.
Strop.

Images:
Image
Image
Image
0 x

User avatar
Artful-dodgeR
Posts: 424
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 16:26
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 18 May 2016, 09:05

Mearehear wrote:Image

Managed to pick it up on GOG just before its 90% off sale ended. Quite enjoyed the first one, looking forward to giving this one a button bash.
Good luck getting it to launch. I tried for ~2 hours and never had it work.
0 x
Image

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 18 May 2016, 09:09

Image

stupid cold, had my flu shot so it had better not get worse
1 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 18 May 2016, 09:17

Everyone tells me to buy Echinacea tablets from the pharmacy to help kick a cold, worth a shot?
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 18 May 2016, 09:57

is it worth taking them now its in full swing, i thought you had to start on those early
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 18 May 2016, 10:11

kharis wrote:is it worth taking them now its in full swing, i thought you had to start on those early
I'm not 100% sure, although one of my builders wifes always harps at me about taking them when I've got a cold - I figure it's something that can't hurt to try, if it doesn't work you know next time, if it does, happy days?

I got my flu shot, seriously hoping to avoid getting deathly ill like I did last year so will be on top of handwashing and hand sanitizer and junk, maybe take some vitamins or something!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
Makena
Posts: 1222
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:44

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Makena » 18 May 2016, 10:14

Mugsy wrote:So who's won? Man or Mice?

On the topic...
Image
On sale from Humble Bundle store.

Been waiting to play this one. Has 3 player co-op but NONE of my steam friends list has it! - lol
It's a fun game, if you end up enjoying it, get the sequel too, imo it has a much better campaign
0 x

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 18 May 2016, 10:17

Disco wrote:
kharis wrote:is it worth taking them now its in full swing, i thought you had to start on those early
I'm not 100% sure, although one of my builders wifes always harps at me about taking them when I've got a cold - I figure it's something that can't hurt to try, if it doesn't work you know next time, if it does, happy days?

I got my flu shot, seriously hoping to avoid getting deathly ill like I did last year so will be on top of handwashing and hand sanitizer and junk, maybe take some vitamins or something!

I'll go have a look at lunch and see what i can find :)
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4072
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Disco » 18 May 2016, 10:39

kharis wrote:I'll go have a look at lunch and see what i can find :)
My Chemist Warehouse sells them for $8 a bottle :thumbup:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3066
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by kharis » 18 May 2016, 10:45

might take a detour on the way home then, i can imagine the local chemist near work will want to charge much more than that
0 x

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by GamingKen » 18 May 2016, 13:16

Artful-dodgeR wrote:
Mearehear wrote:Image

Managed to pick it up on GOG just before its 90% off sale ended. Quite enjoyed the first one, looking forward to giving this one a button bash.
Good luck getting it to launch. I tried for ~2 hours and never had it work.
Yeah, I've heard it has (or had) quite a few people with issues like this, which is why I waited for a big sale on it. Thankfully, I only paid about $2.50 AUD so if it doesn't work I won't be too disappointed. Sounds like a patch fixed up most issues though, so fingers crossed it works for me when I try it out tonight! :D
0 x

User avatar
Otto-matic Reiffel
Posts: 539
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 23:23

Re: Show us your latest purchase - May 2016

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 18 May 2016, 13:42

Disco wrote: I'm not 100% sure, although one of my builders wifes always harps at me about taking them when I've got a cold - I figure it's something that can't hurt to try, if it doesn't work you know next time, if it does, happy days?

I got my flu shot, seriously hoping to avoid getting deathly ill like I did last year so will be on top of handwashing and hand sanitizer and junk, maybe take some vitamins or something!
It's one of those things were if you think it might work it will possibly help a bit - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea ... _marketing
0 x

Locked