Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
DarkMellie

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Nov 2016, 14:03

Sorry, are you saying that on your very second run you got through to sector 7?
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 06 Nov 2016, 19:50

DarkMellie wrote:Sorry, are you saying that on your very second run you got through to sector 7?
Yeah, it is good fun though! It is similar control wise to a game I've played an awful lot of.
1 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Nov 2016, 09:36

Picked up Punch Club on the cheap yesterday, I had it on mobile ages ago, it was a fun little game but the stat decay was insane, you'd spend all day training, building up your stats, then the next day you'd have to work a job to make some more money to pay for the food you need to eat while training and you'd lose like a 3/4 of the previous days stats. It really dragged the game out and made the grind unbearable. So the devs added super easy mode with no stat decay, they almost seemed to resent the playerbase for not like their stat decay, its not that people we against stat decay, its just that it was too much. It is super easy to play through now but at least I get to enjoy all the loverly 80s/90s pop culture references and humour.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2016, 09:58

Karmic Skink wrote:
DarkMellie wrote:Sorry, are you saying that on your very second run you got through to sector 7?
Yeah, it is good fun though! It is similar control wise to a game I've played an awful lot of.
Very nice work mate! That must have been on an earlier build before the game had the three difficulty levels (not to diminish what you did, that really is freakishly good). Try it again on Normal or Hard and see how it compares? I'm on my 20th life and have only just hit Sector 4 (admittedly I'm exhausting every system before I leave it).

Played some ranked Rocket League last night with two level 30 players... wow that's a whole different game. We lost convincingly, likely because I was their handicap, but lots of fun nonetheless.
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 07 Nov 2016, 10:03

MuscularTeeth wrote:well are battlepacks in bf1 random? i havent got 1 yet.
my mate malkman has got probably a dozen or more. frustrating.

really enjoy the mayhem when a few people are all melee fighting one another in close quarters.
Yeah they're random, I've had a few, but no skins for weapons I actually use, so I'm not sure that's better :lol:

It really does have the "Battlefield moments" that make battlefield games great, and can feel hectic as when there's gas everywhere, mortars exploding around you, planes overhead fighting a giant blimp and such, quite a lot of fun

My friend recorded us fighting the blimp with dynamite, I only got 3 kills for blowing it up though lol

0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Nov 2016, 10:46

DarkMellie wrote:Played some ranked Rocket League last night with two level 30 players... wow that's a whole different game. We lost convincingly, likely because I was their handicap, but lots of fun nonetheless.
Haha, the game changes a lot as it goes up.
I'm now level 43 (over 200 hours in it) and the amount of aerobatics is incredible...
My main problem now is the people that can dribble the ball, I'm not quite at that level yet (Also don't practice shit like that)
And I keep getting it knocked around me, so I need to practice how to stop that...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2016, 10:51

And I'm several miles off you also in terms of ability. Right now I've just started trying mid-air tactics with mixed ecffectiveness. I've tapped in a few high goals, but sometimes I just fail to connect altogether. Watching a lot of RL vids and I can see that once you can connect consistently, it's about positioning your car properly to take better control of the ball (standout was a player who juggled it upside down from the top end of the field down into the goals at the other end... freakish).
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Nov 2016, 11:05

Once I get my eye in with air stuff (About 3 games of trying) I can get them fairly consistently... But getting them in the right direction is another thing.
And I need to learn to jump earlier, I keep having other people just get to it before me and knock it over my head. My awareness of where other cars is isn't that great...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 07 Nov 2016, 12:29

DarkMellie wrote: Very nice work mate! That must have been on an earlier build before the game had the three difficulty levels (not to diminish what you did, that really is freakishly good). Try it again on Normal or Hard and see how it compares? I'm on my 20th life and have only just hit Sector 4 (admittedly I'm exhausting every system before I leave it).
I've already managed to finish it on hard too. Sectors 5 and 6 can be quite uh interesting, usually needing to jump out quickly before managing to scoop up all the collectables.

If you thought warships hurt in normal... :crazy:
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2016, 13:48

How many tries for Hard? That's what I'm playing on so I can pick up the extra cash. Given how hard you get hit, you must have done a few runs in order to build up your armour/etc?
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 07 Nov 2016, 15:09

It took me 3 attempts on hard. However by that point I'd already earned quite a lot of credits playing through the normal (only) difficulty at the time so already had finished the weapons, shields and energy upgrades. Only now working on the hull and speed upgrades.

I really wasn't prepared to be chased around the map by an elite okkar corvette mk2 the first run, that ended spectacularly with me accidently flying into my own ARC.
Second attempt I didn't manage to find any gas until sector 3, so didn't really have enough resources to keep churning out missiles and upgrades.

Honestly looking forward to wiping my progress and starting from scratch when the gunship is released.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2016, 16:36

Karmic Skink wrote:I really wasn't prepared to be chased around the map by an elite okkar corvette mk2 the first run, that ended spectacularly with me accidently flying into my own ARC.

:lol:
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Nov 2016, 17:10

Makena wrote:
MuscularTeeth wrote:well are battlepacks in bf1 random? i havent got 1 yet.
my mate malkman has got probably a dozen or more. frustrating.

really enjoy the mayhem when a few people are all melee fighting one another in close quarters.
Yeah they're random, I've had a few, but no skins for weapons I actually use, so I'm not sure that's better :lol:

It really does have the "Battlefield moments" that make battlefield games great, and can feel hectic as when there's gas everywhere, mortars exploding around you, planes overhead fighting a giant blimp and such, quite a lot of fun

My friend recorded us fighting the blimp with dynamite, I only got 3 kills for blowing it up though lol

UGHHHHHH that game looks so pretty.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Nov 2016, 18:50

So at what point did Battlefield become full of Nazis? Every time I play BF1, I see tonnes of avatars of Swastikas and other Nazi imagery and see lots of player names like "AryanSupremacy" and stuff like that. Tonnes of alt-right Trump-worshipping morons I guess.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2016, 20:02

Was the same ever since people could make their own avatars, sadly.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 07 Nov 2016, 20:27

hey sath, i havent seen one yet, in at leaast 14 hours of MP gameplay that i must have accrued so far. seen some fairly gross and overtly sexual imagery, but nothing nazi
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 07 Nov 2016, 21:07

I've been abused a few times for my pony avatar and emblem.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Nov 2016, 16:03

that would make me what to play with a pony emblem, or hello kitty or something like that, just to really piss people off.

Woo new steam store page, you can filter out early access and VR games from appearing in the featured and recommended section!
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 08 Nov 2016, 19:03

DarkMellie wrote:Was the same ever since people could make their own avatars, sadly.

I think its better in recent years, there's less dick avatars at least. :lol:
1 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 10 Nov 2016, 15:21

DmC Devil May Cry.

So good. Grabbed the deluxe edition on Xbox One for $20 and apart from a few frame-skips in some heavier action sequences, it remains the best DmC game in my mind. Gloriously twisted, sexy as hell (quite literally) and fantastically imaginative, it's a very special platformer.

And yes, I'll go on record as saying I hated the series until the reboot. Stupid, stupid, shitty, utterly-typical 'Capcom game'.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 Nov 2016, 16:13

DarkMellie wrote:DmC Devil May Cry.

So good. Grabbed the deluxe edition on Xbox One for $20 and apart from a few frame-skips in some heavier action sequences, it remains the best DmC game in my mind. Gloriously twisted, sexy as hell (quite literally) and fantastically imaginative, it's a very special platformer.

And yes, I'll go on record as saying I hated the series until the reboot. Stupid, stupid, shitty, utterly-typical 'Capcom game'.
Take that back! The original Devil May Cry is a national treasure!
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Nov 2016, 21:38

I've never actually played a Devil May Cry game, might pick one up when steam has a summer sale.

Everyone's gone to the rapture is free on ps plus this month. Looks interesting enough to grab for free.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 11 Nov 2016, 11:37

Finished Borderlands the Pre Sequel last night, the end game was pretty boring, it just lost the charm and uniqueness that it started with when you first arrived on the moon full of Australians, it felt like it was tacked on, they had done all the fun stuff they wanted to do then realised, 'oh shit, we have to do something to tie this into Handsome Jacks story/origin for Borderlands 2.' then it just kinda turned into generic scifi shooter. the 2 end bosses were so easy, just bullet sponges that telegraphed their slow ass attacks so they were super easy to dodge, I had harder fights with regular mobs. Still excited for more Borderlands, it didn't scratch the itch that Tales from the Borderlands left so I might go back I think I've got some Borderlands 2 DLC I never finished. Borderlands 1 is still crazy expensive on steam for how old it is.

I almost might give Dishonoured another shot, the second one looks amazing, but the first one never really clicked with me for some reason.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 11 Nov 2016, 21:52

If I didn't have a massive backlog, I'd be all over Dishonored 2.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 11 Nov 2016, 22:27

i really enjoyed dishonored and was one of the few games i played till completion that year.
0 x