Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Stoibs

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Stoibs » 07 Dec 2016, 10:32

Played that new free PSN released Hack'n'slash roguelike game 'Let it Die' for a bit.
Pretty fun, so far I'm enjoying this much more than that Bloodborne thing that I bought the other week.

Wish I had saved my money and just stuck with this F2P thing instead.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Dec 2016, 12:07

I'd take Bloodborne off your hands.. if I had a PS4. I might just get one for TLOU2!
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 07 Dec 2016, 12:46

Heh, I only buy digitally.
Would have probably already tried to return Bloodborne or sell it otherwise.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Dec 2016, 13:02

Miscreated - a DayZ clone that appears to be better than its inspiration. Created in CryEngine, it's a gorgeous zombie survival/crafting sim that seems like a lot of fun (I need some friends to make it come alive though I figure). Currently on sale for $9.99.

Subnautica - wow, this is just going from strength to strength, now with several abandoned bases, land action and alien bases! Still a stunning looking game too... the next patch on the Xbox version brings it up to parity with my PC version :D

Also installing the remastered Dead Rising 2 because I have fond memories of that game and there's no way I'm paying full price for DR4 given it's now more of a zombie-slasher than the timed-dead rising experience I've grown to love.

Yay for a week of annual leave and that glorious hour each day when my 2 year old goes to sleep.
1 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2016, 09:55

Play Elite Dangerous in VR last night for a little bit using my Samsung Gear VR and a program called VRidge I talked about it in this post viewtopic.php?f=5&p=34598#p34598

but the TLDR is the phone thing didn't really work well for Elite, but it was still awesome playing Elite in VR and now I want an actual VR Headset so badly.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 08 Dec 2016, 14:04

2 hours or so into Steep and the game has opened up to full mountain goodness, not sure why ubi insists on this "earn your place on the mountain" model but nice to change my clothes, skivvy was definitely on the nose and switch to my trusty wooden snowboard and pointy skis.
heaps of events have blossomed on the mountain so much fun to be had and I feel the gold pass was well worth the money, though steam seem to be ripping an extra 10aud over the uplay shop for the privilege.

0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 08 Dec 2016, 16:02

NotThatDoug wrote:Play Elite Dangerous in VR last night for a little bit using my Samsung Gear VR and a program called VRidge I talked about it in this post viewtopic.php?f=5&p=34598#p34598

but the TLDR is the phone thing didn't really work well for Elite, but it was still awesome playing Elite in VR and now I want an actual VR Headset so badly.
man it was pain enough to set up surround sound and wii sensor bars, dont really wanna have to do that stuff for the cameras for head move detection for the vr sets for the occulas rift and all that as well.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 09 Dec 2016, 23:22

Final Fantasy has lost it's shine about 12 hours in. I don't think I'll finish it. It's just kinda, ok. Doesn't feel like a huge tale like the others are. Just a medium sized open world game sponsored by Coleman.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

linxus

Post by linxus » 10 Dec 2016, 02:23

Holy hell - where did that hour go - oh thats right - Mini Metro :P
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Dec 2016, 12:01

Matty wrote:Final Fantasy has lost it's shine about 12 hours in. I don't think I'll finish it. It's just kinda, ok. Doesn't feel like a huge tale like the others are. Just a medium sized open world game sponsored by Coleman.
Apparently they are dropping a patch soon to improve the story, adding more cutscenes and improving some of the story missions. I'm only at chapter 3 so I'm might go back to Watch Dogs until that patch comes out
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Dec 2016, 17:56

Having some great fun cruising around in Forza Horizon 3...
Need to add some people in to my friends list though... I'm pretty sure my name is MiniSanders...

I'm still working out the Windows/Xbox games thing...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 11 Dec 2016, 19:54

2 MP games of FH3 done now...
Thanks Cherry for the game last night, apologies for disappearing, my lag was annoying me... and once I found that I had to turn some extra program on through console because it was disabled I was good. Got a good chunk of experience from it though.

And today I did a bit of the Co-Op campaign with another mate, got a few levels done, and got a lot more crowd numbers. Now I have races everywhere to do, looks like I am going to be busy :D

Now Rocket League?
Who is up for a session on Friday night? The more the merrier (Well up to 8 anyway)... TS will be used so we can listen to everyone rage :D
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 12 Dec 2016, 09:28

I should get back into Forza and Civ 6 and finish off Fallout 4, every time I start playing something I go to Perth for a week and come back feeling like playing something else,

PS4 is really starting to give me the shits, I only play 4 games on it, NFL, Watch Dogs 2, Blood Born and Final Fantasy XV and they all have crazy load.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 12 Dec 2016, 19:45

Stoibs wrote: Would have probably already tried to return Bloodborne or sell it otherwise.
Heh, I gave my copy away. I didn't feel right making someone pay for it.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Dec 2016, 23:44

Forza Horizon 3's 'Blizzard Mountain' DLC seems worth it. The map is quite small (surprisingly so compared to the Storm expansion for FH2) but gorgeous to look at and insanely fun to traverse.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 16 Dec 2016, 12:19

Speaking of snow, Steep is turning out to be pretty good fun. If we're friends on Xbox just check out my recent feed. The wingsuit ones, particularly the hardest courses, are a trip.

Starting to enjoy Watch Dogs 2, too. Finally decided to stop going in all guns blazing and am just hacking stuff... too many missions require you to then head in in person however which is just a bizarre design decision.

Also, check out Red Bulls games on mobile... they're actually fucking great!
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 16 Dec 2016, 13:04

Steam controller doesnt work with forza horizon 3. Want to play it on the tv as dirt3 is fun
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 16 Dec 2016, 15:06

It is a Microsoft game Kharis, can't expect them to support other brand controllers...
I can't use my PS4 controller either, but I have a wheel setup, so using that has been great fun.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Dec 2016, 15:29

Just tried the new Mario Run game, would have much preferred an older normal mario :/
1 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

kharis

Re: RE: Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by kharis » 16 Dec 2016, 17:39

Mini wrote:It is a Microsoft game Kharis, can't expect them to support other brand controllers...
I can't use my PS4 controller either, but I have a wheel setup, so using that has been great fun.
Yeah i know. Would be sweet if controls allowed for left click accelerate fir the trigger. I will have to muck around and see what i can figure out
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Dec 2016, 13:33

Great to see some early access titles coming along after a long time. Space Engineers is now officially in beta with a campaign of sorts that's beautifully put together. Osiris New Dawn hasn't been around for too long but for a two-man team they've made something both functional and gorgeous... and lastly The Forest has finally finished its story. I haven't played it myself but watched a vid this morning and the ending is both mind blowing and complete!

Tried to get back into GTA V Online recently but couldn't stay connected to the simplest of games. It's like a whole other world now so I'm very disappointed at what appears to be a lack of Australian players (or perhaps a continuation of my router issues). All the cool stuff looks way too expensive anyway wand th at least 2M required to get started as a CEO and I only have half a mil left. I wonder if bike gangs are cheaper.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Dec 2016, 23:48

Kid on the steam forum complaining about the ending to the Forest... says that in his gaming community of over 200 people there are 40 people waiting on his final verdict... which is now that they should not buy it because he thinks the ending isn't good enough.

He has 345 hours in the game.

Another kid comes into the thread to ask why, and they have a round of chatting about utter nonsense where the second kid agrees because he didn't like the cutscenes in Diablo 3 so thinks people shouldn't play that but that the Forest is actually a pretty cool game.

The second kid says he has over 1000 hours in Diablo 3.

They congratulate each other on agreeing to disagree and both mention that the actual gameplay and graphics for The Forest are actually really cool and fun.

I point out that The Forest costs $19.99 and maybe, just maybe they're being horribly unfair to the devs of each game and that they are probably, just possibly, giant entitled prats.

I am told that money isn't the only way to assess a games worth.

Unfuckingbelievable.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 19 Dec 2016, 00:02

DarkMellie wrote:Kid on the steam forum
:text-deletetopic:

:P It's so fucking horrible there! Interesting to hear The Forest has reached some significant progress though.
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 19 Dec 2016, 09:41

Hitman is great.

Hitman is so fucking great.

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Dec 2016, 16:15

I'm not sure what tipped them off, Jambo!!

Love Hitman, fantastic game, I still haven't finished Colorado though... all the others were really easy but that level just makes me so tired... 4 targets ffs! Or is it 5?

More Watch Dogs 2 tonight, found my rhythm there and the quadcopter and jumper are really great additions (some of the research points you can find are actually just extended puzzles for these two... although most puzzles end with trying to get the jumper in to defuse a control box).

Headed back to my Far Cry Primal survival playthrough last night too. That game really is gorgeous to look at. Runs smoothly, doesn't overheat the card, but with the UI off it's genuinely, distractingly real. I almost wish there wasn't hunter vision although without it, it's incredibly difficult to see anything. The map is a bit large though, I've put in enough hours in survival to probably complete the whole game on normal, yet I've only completed 11% of the game.
0 x