Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Sathias

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 08 Jan 2018, 11:53

Mini wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:38
That looks interesting Sath, will have to remind myself to keep an eye on it
I'll make sure to post some thoughts when it comes out. The Kotaku quote describing it as a mixture of XCOM and Fallout was enough to make me do the "shut up and take my money" thing :lol:
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 14 Jan 2018, 12:38

Squad v10 looks fucking amaaaaaaaaaazing. My PC is in the shop for some repairs and Squad is the first thing I'm playing when I get it home.

Also, Subnautica set to leave early access and game preview this month. It's already so mich more improved on the X1X but still has a ways to go to match my PC version.

Lastly, X1X enhanced patch for Forza Horison 3 drops 15th Jan. Should be 60fos or thereabouts, hopefully as good a patch as Witcher 3 just got.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Jan 2018, 13:33

I've been playing Before the Storm, didn't realise more episodes had come out, I really enjoy this kind of story telling gameplay
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 15 Jan 2018, 10:10

Giving Dragon Age: Inquisition a second go. Didn't make it all the way through last time (back when it came out). I find the story parts pretty amazing, but there's just so damn much filler. "Cheating" a little bit this time to make the regular gameplay go by faster to get to the story bits. So far so good.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Jan 2018, 16:49

Yeah I couldn't play through Inquisition and Andromeda without skipping the conversations and story pieces... the pace was just boring me in all the wrong ways. Damn shame in DA:I as well too given how good the combat system is.

Repaired PC is in my car, nice to start off with a new drive (i.e. no games installed) and not have 1TB+ of stuff to distract me.

Thinking I'll go Stellaris, Homeworld and Squad for a start and take it from there.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 15 Jan 2018, 16:54

The only Dragon Age game I played was origins. I had gotten about 25 hours into it only to realise I was lost in a dungeon completing a side quest of a side quest, Anna had forgotten why I was there or what I was meant to be doing.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Jan 2018, 17:28

DarkMellie wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 16:49
Yeah I couldn't play through Inquisition and Andromeda without skipping the conversations and story pieces... the pace was just boring me in all the wrong ways. Damn shame in DA:I as well too given how good the combat system is.

Repaired PC is in my car, nice to start off with a new drive (i.e. no games installed) and not have 1TB+ of stuff to distract me.

Thinking I'll go Stellaris, Homeworld and Squad for a start and take it from there.
Going to be good to get your posts back :clap:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Jan 2018, 18:21

I secretly worry that y'all use the random thoughts thread because I crap on too much in my own bubble :D
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Jan 2018, 18:23

DarkMellie wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 18:21
I secretly worry that y'all use the random thoughts thread because I crap on too much in my own bubble :D
Well.. sometimes yes, but that doesn't mean we haven't missed you :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Jan 2018, 22:51

Right well you deserve this for that comment then... :P

Homeworld - I had NO IDEA this game had an active-pause option and it has COMPLETELY changed the game for me. Suddenly, missions where my less-than-average intelligence and sloth-like reflexes (I'm seriously talking mission 2 and 3 of the first game) turn from being shitfights where I lose a hundred thousand colonists, to clinical affairs where I tear the enemy apart. Restarting the mission also helps as everything follows the same sequence. This is much why I like Paradox games (EUIV, Stellaris) in that if given time I can figure things out but the pressure of true 'real time' always ends up killing me.

Escape from Tarkov - I'm still loving it. Customs map is a nice new change, also helps that on my last Scav run there was only 15 minutes remaining (most maps are an hour+) meaning most scavs would be dead and players dead or evacuated. Pilfered a bunch of dead scavs and players and walked out with probably $300k in stuff to sell. Also starting to go in geared as the higher my survivability the more firefights I'll live through... just need to get me some armour and a decent weapon!

Squad - the new update really does look amazing. New movement animations make mounting walls much more life-like and the new designated maskman scope looks frickin' amazing (very much like Insurgency's scopes).

Helicopters are still on the menu, but for now this is absolutely the best multiplayer for the tactically minded....

This is a long vid and I'm happy to say I watched every minute :D

0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Jan 2018, 10:19

I can see you can now Bipod the freaking MG!

AAAAND disappointed, thought I'd reinstall Squad based on that video, can't get into the only decent server (Big D) for no apparant reason. Wonder if I've been banned at some point.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 16 Jan 2018, 20:26

v10 isn't out yet! Still in closed beta.

Head to the bigD forums and ask!
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Jan 2018, 20:39

DarkMellie wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 20:26
v10 isn't out yet! Still in closed beta.

Head to the bigD forums and ask!
Oh bugger, doesn't matter - got in eventually, more shit SL's and waste of time.. that game is either amazing (10%) or really, really infuriating (90%)
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 16 Jan 2018, 21:16

Are you sure you're not actually Exe and just posting under a new name?

:P

GODDAMN TARKOV. Went in as a Scav and absolutely cleaned house... walked out with full backpacks, 3 new weapons... made a killing at the trader and levelled up Prepov. Then joined as a player, spawned right near one of the Customs exits... thought I'd go a bit afield and maybe loot some scavs... BAM... geared up player, not even sure I hit him.

Rage!

EDIT: All good! BSG (makers of Tarkov) have sent out holiday presents which includes two beautifully geared rifles and a storage container. Yup. plz.
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 17 Jan 2018, 10:11

I downloaded a bunch of games for co-op play, one of them being Titan Quest.

3 days later and I've put 13 hours in to the campaign and I'm just nearing the end of Act I of V. This is going to take a while...

I forgot how fun it is and how much I liked the setting. The combination of Ancient Greece and magical/godly stuff works really well and it looks amazing for a game from 12 years ago. Amazing work on the remaster, runs great and at full rez (2560x1600 for me).
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 17 Jan 2018, 17:38

I have played a couple of games of Northgard now, and I am enjoying it.
Played a 2v2 game with a friend against AI the other night. Put the AI on easy as it was our second game each, and went to see how we could go.
Managed to get the win, I got it through Lore, mate was about to get it through area taken, and 1 of the AI's was about to win it through trading. Was good fun though, and got in a few fights that we shouldn't have

Farming Simulator 17
A game that I laughed at years ago, and now I am hooked. Me and my brother are slowly making our way through a game, have an extra paddock and bigger machinery. Really enjoying the relaxing nature of it.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 Jan 2018, 22:38

jambo wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 10:11
I downloaded a bunch of games for co-op play, one of them being Titan Quest.

3 days later and I've put 13 hours in to the campaign and I'm just nearing the end of Act I of V. This is going to take a while...

I forgot how fun it is and how much I liked the setting. The combination of Ancient Greece and magical/godly stuff works really well and it looks amazing for a game from 12 years ago. Amazing work on the remaster, runs great and at full rez (2560x1600 for me).
Also runs fabbo on the iPad version!
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 19 Jan 2018, 22:20

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided yay or nay? I can pick it up for $5 off the humble store if I use my existing credit.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

storm84

Post by storm84 » 19 Jan 2018, 22:31

I remember playing the intro level and found it much the same add Human Revolution. I suppose if you want the HR experience but not the HR storyline, then it's worth getting. As much as I lined HR, I don't have much draw to go through it again any time soon.
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 19 Jan 2018, 23:10

Cheers.

Three Dead Zed free on GMG at the moment.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 20 Jan 2018, 12:49

New 3TB HDD is go... currently setting up my installs before taking the boys to the beach.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 20 Jan 2018, 15:18

Anyone tried Angels Fall First: http://store.steampowered.com/app/36727 ... views_hash

Never heard of it till today but people seem to be saying it's pretty good.

I've added it to my wishlist - I've got a few other games I've got to finish first.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 20 Jan 2018, 16:11

Kendrite wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 15:18
Anyone tried Angels Fall First: http://store.steampowered.com/app/36727 ... views_hash

Never heard of it till today but people seem to be saying it's pretty good.

I've added it to my wishlist - I've got a few other games I've got to finish first.
Haven't heard of it either, but it looks awesome, going from ground fights into space ships would be awesome.
I have added it to my wishlist for a future purchase
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 21 Jan 2018, 01:10

Yeah I've had Angels for years now... it's fairly old at this point and last time I played there were zero other players. Great concept though, fighting from space right down to the ground.

EDIT: clearly a lot of work done since I last played. Going from commanding a battleship to first person, then running through the bowel of the battleship to get to a smaller strike aircraft is very cool.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 21 Jan 2018, 13:00

Got the mobile gaming bug recently and have downloaded a couple of quick and easy games to play. The BBL cricket games and Motorsport Manager.
BBL is good for some quick fun, slowly unlocking all the stupid options that it gives you
Motorsport Manager is great fun, slowly getting my team better, and even had a win, lots to do in it for a free mobile game. I am assuming I will hit that pay wall at some point but so far, nope, letting me do everything.

And on the PC front, this has been split between a few games.
Paragon - Only playing against bots so far, but having some good fun doing it. The 3rd person MOBA feel is a lot of fun, not that I can see it ever becoming very big, but still good fun. Especially for a free game.
PUBG - This has pissed me off more than anything recently, and I have got to the point where I am not really enjoying it anymore. Thinking it will be shelved for a while.
Rocket League - Still playing a few games here and there, good for some quick games still.
Farming Simulator 17 - This has stolen more time than I care to admit, only fun in multiplayer though. But I have a pretty good farm going with my brother, and we are slowly working out what we are both doing and keeping things running. It is a good relaxing game to finish on most nights, much easier to sleep after playing this than anything else.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord