P.A. Wombat

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by P.A. Wombat » 27 Nov 2015, 16:51

Finally got battlefield 4. Not bad!
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 27 Nov 2015, 22:57

Picked up Carnivores, Dinosaur Hunter Reborn.

Killed a stegosaurus, felt bad, applying for refund.
3 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 28 Nov 2015, 12:37

If your ISP uses Vlan tagging don't buy rainbow six siege as it will not work on any sort of virtual network
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Riccardo351

Post by Riccardo351 » 28 Nov 2015, 19:29

P.A. Wombat wrote:Finally got battlefield 4. Not bad!
played it for a week or too when it came out and gave up on battlefield forever lol really disappointing i rather bf3, the whole franchise hasn't been the same since bf2 imo. bf3 was ok for inf only but the vehicle dynamics are so consoley and childish. its really lost something i cant quite put my finger on i i know im not the only one feeling this.
1 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Nov 2015, 00:50

Riccardo351 wrote:
P.A. Wombat wrote:Finally got battlefield 4. Not bad!
played it for a week or too when it came out and gave up on battlefield forever lol really disappointing i rather bf3, the whole franchise hasn't been the same since bf2 imo. bf3 was ok for inf only but the vehicle dynamics are so consoley and childish. its really lost something i cant quite put my finger on i i know im not the only one feeling this.

So what you're saying is you couldnt run it? :lol:

Seriously though, rose tinted glasses... 3 & 4 are both dramatically better than 2 was/is.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Nov 2015, 13:02

Re-installed some of my Unreal Tournament games (UT2k4 and UT3) the other day and had a bit of a play. UT3 really is an impressive game. It still holds up visually in 2015, with plenty of beauty and detail to it while running buttery smooth, and the game-play has so many options and feels so good. The "gritty" look to the game is probably my only real dislike still, but to be able to jump back in with zero DLC to worry about and no leveling is just such a breath of fresh air! You start on on equal terms with every other player each game and I really miss that from a lot of games.

But I actually had the most fun jumping back into UT 2004 and playing some CTF online (Face classic!) There was only ever 3 or 4 actually people in the games I played, but it was padded out to 6v6 with bots and it was the most fun I have had in a shooter in ages! One game of CTF went on forever into overtime without either team being able to score, but I finally used some sneaky translocater action to get in and nab the flag, then exited through the top of the enemy base, jumping step by step down its sides until I got a clear run back to base for the win (after nearly an hour long match!)

We need to have a UT 2004 game night sometime! Surely there would be plenty of people with it in their collection.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 Nov 2015, 13:12

I haven't played a UT game in years. Need to check if I have them in my collection or not. Might have to add them.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

lucassot

Post by lucassot » 29 Nov 2015, 14:54

What about UT99? We still play that from time to time. F'ing love it, gameplay still holds up as solid as ever :)
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 29 Nov 2015, 14:59

We need to have a UT 2004 game night sometime! Surely there would be plenty of people with it in their collection.

Count me in.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Nov 2015, 15:08

lucassot wrote:What about UT99? We still play that from time to time. F'ing love it, gameplay still holds up as solid as ever :)
I've got that on disc here somewhere, so that is definitely a possibility too!

Seems like there would easily be at least a handful of people interested in some old UT fun. If we can all agree on a version, we could find a suitable server and make a night of it sometime soon. I'd definitely been keen for that. :)

EDIT - BTW, you can pick up UT3 on Kinguin for around $4 AUD. And Steam have all 3 (UT99, UT2004, and UT3) on sale at the moment.
0 x

lucassot

Post by lucassot » 29 Nov 2015, 20:57

That's cool, I've got all the UT's on Steam now so that's easy
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 29 Nov 2015, 21:06

Hmm ut2004. Loved that shit
0 x

G3ZZ4

Post by G3ZZ4 » 29 Nov 2015, 21:41

thanks for that Mearehear :) was looking for UT cheap to buy, im probably crap at it now days but damn it was a fun game
1 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Nov 2015, 21:55

G3ZZ4 wrote:thanks for that Mearehear :) was looking for UT cheap to buy, im probably crap at it now days but damn it was a fun game
No probs! I'm crap at them these days too, but still such fun games!

Looks like UT 2004 is generally popular going by the comments so far. I think a night of that will have to be arranged!
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 Nov 2015, 22:25

OK, I might go grab it then, don't own either looking through my games list...
Always enjoyed an old school FPS though...
1 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

jambo

Post by jambo » 30 Nov 2015, 09:40

I've been playing UT again too.

I tried the new game, but my PC is so old at this point that it just runs way too bad to play competitively online.

UT2k4 is where I had the most fun, was great to run around with the lightning gun and pop heads.

Would love to play some DM or CTF with Aussies, any UT game is fine.
1 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 30 Nov 2015, 09:43

i have the 2004 cds somewhere, maybe i'll just grab it off steam and save myself the hours looking in boxes
1 x

Venom

Post by Venom » 30 Nov 2015, 10:26

hell yeah i'll grab UT2k4 to relive my childhood :D
1 x
Previously Instinx from GON!

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 30 Nov 2015, 12:46

jambo wrote:I've been playing UT again too.

I tried the new game, but my PC is so old at this point that it just runs way too bad to play competitively online.
I tried this the other day too and was quite impressed with where it is at, and that it can instantly be played with bots now. Like you though, my PC is getting old and while it can play it reasonably it's not quite there for playing competitively against other people online.
jambo wrote:UT2k4 is where I had the most fun, was great to run around with the lightning gun and pop heads.

Would love to play some DM or CTF with Aussies, any UT game is fine.
Big fan of CTF myself, as even if you have a sucky day shooting pixels you can at least focus on doing flag runs. Something like a CTF/TDM night would be great I think. Vanilla game on some of the classic maps.

These comments seal the deal for me. A UT2k4 night has to happen soon.
Last edited by GamingKen on 30 Nov 2015, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 30 Nov 2015, 12:57

hopefully it'll still be on sale tonight and i'll actually remember to get it
1 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Nov 2015, 13:01

On sale for another 40 hours (I just checked the steam site), so I will be getting it too...
1 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 01 Dec 2015, 17:59

Holy crap! I didn't know Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 was recently given a patch on Steam. It now has native widescreen support, proper controller support, Steam Achievements and Steam cloud saves! I read that, saw the $2.99 sale price and said yes, thank you!
Steam wrote: New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
0 x

Nacimota

Post by Nacimota » 01 Dec 2015, 20:43

jambo wrote:I tried the new game, but my PC is so old at this point that it just runs way too bad to play competitively online.
Wait, what? It ran OK-ish on my machine; it was definitely playable.
Mearehear wrote:Holy crap! I didn't know Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 was recently given a patch on Steam. It now has native widescreen support, proper controller support, Steam Achievements and Steam cloud saves!
Nice. I'm still on my first run through KOTOR 1 though. I wish they had made some of those improvements there.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 01 Dec 2015, 20:58

Nacimota wrote: Nice. I'm still on my first run through KOTOR 1 though. I wish they had made some of those improvements there.
The fact that they haven't was the only reason I didn't pick up the first one too (which I have never played). I have had the 2nd on disc for ages, but never really played through it before as I remember coming across a few bugs. This updated Steam version runs so beautifully!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Dec 2015, 14:14

Running around and around and around in Dying Light. So much fun to just freeroam and smash out nearby quests. Initially it bugged me that there was no fast-travel, but without it, the nighttime wouldn't be as scary as it is. I'm level 10 in all skills at the moment and the night time zombies are still one-hit killing me... but the double-XP reward for every activity during those hours is just so tasty that it's worth the risk.

Weapon decay is still stupidly punishing, as is giving each weapon a maximum number of repairs before its permanently discarded. With that said, I need to go looking for some hidden weapons as some of them have blueprints so they can be remade.

Anyway, I heartily recommend this for anyone who even vaguely liked Dead Island. I spent many hours in DI 1 and 2, but they both pale in comparison to the fun that the parkour and nighttime elements bring to Dying Light.

Passed on Just Cause 3... I wonder just how badly their sales have been affected by early reports of poor framerates and load times. Did anyone else grab it?

Also MASSIVELY KEEN for the release of Squad on December 15. For those not aware, this is Project Reality pretty much rewritten in Unreal Engine 4. This will be one of the best squad-based shooters ever released (because PR certainly was).

EDIT: Jade Empire free on Origin, by the way, always wanted to play it!
0 x