Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Disco

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Disco » 18 Sep 2018, 13:14

It does look good I'm just not into PVE, no point playing if you can't actually beat someone
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Sep 2018, 13:23

It has loads of pvp.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 19 Sep 2018, 21:09

DarkMellie wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 10:52
be prepared for lots of connectivity issues.

I can't do that in 2018, my days of spending hours getting games to work are a good decade plus behind me now. Either shit works or it gets refunded, there's no excuse for releasing a MP game that has a shit browser, terrible matchmaking or requires you to open ports (srsly Arma.. wtf).
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

storm84

Post by storm84 » 21 Sep 2018, 14:55

DarkMellie wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 22:44
Rocket League... the game that keeps on thrilling.
2 years ago I uninstalled this because I was playing it too much (and to the detriment of the other games I owned). Reinstalled it a couple of weeks ago and I'm back to damn near beginner level in terms of control and effectiveness in game. Frustrating that my online level is so high when I'm barely able to get a touch on the ball.

Still really fun though. And addictive...
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 21 Sep 2018, 15:32

storm84 wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 14:55
DarkMellie wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 22:44
Rocket League... the game that keeps on thrilling.
2 years ago I uninstalled this because I was playing it too much (and to the detriment of the other games I owned). Reinstalled it a couple of weeks ago and I'm back to damn near beginner level in terms of control and effectiveness in game. Frustrating that my online level is so high when I'm barely able to get a touch on the ball.

Still really fun though. And addictive...
I have never uninstalled it, I think I am close on 600 hours in game now... and that has been spread over the entire of its life. Think I bought it near on release. I am no where near the people I end up playing against though... And well ball control is slowly coming to me, I can do it sometimes, but not that effectively...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 21 Sep 2018, 17:40

600 hours into rocksmith 2014 as of last night. that's roughly 100 hours a year of guitar practice
:)
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 22 Sep 2018, 04:20

Can you actually play anything outside the game though?
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 23 Sep 2018, 23:02

Escape from Tarkov... so frustrating. Played as Scav, picked up the most loot I've ever had on a scav run... couple of weapons, 30,000 rubles, lots of ammunition. None of the extraction points I went to worked... ultimately died of thirst on the short run to the next one.

UPDATE: All it took was one person in chat to tell me to double-tap O and the whole game changed. Now that I know which exits are permanently open, and which are open either for a short time or for a bribe, I feel much more purposeful in how I move about the map.

Did a player round then on Customs, an optional exit was behind the dorm rooms... checked and I needed 3,000 rubles to exchange for a ride out of town. Scoured the dorms, the nearby petrol station and the trailer area, three scav kills, more weapons and gear than I could possibly loot. Made it back to the exfil, sold the AS Val and a bunch of other stuff for around 90k rubles. Much better!

A few of you have this, I believe? Anyone keen to squad up some time this week?
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 24 Sep 2018, 09:05

Nekosan wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 04:20
yeah i can now!
im hardly expert, but from thinking id never play a guitar, to being able to at least handle one without being an idiot is a pure joy.
id never thought it would happen.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Sep 2018, 09:53

I really wish I could have got my guitar working with it. Disjointed that it couldn't pick the signal properly.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 24 Sep 2018, 16:34

MuscularTeeth wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 09:05
Nekosan wrote:
yeah i can now!
im hardly expert, but from thinking id never play a guitar, to being able to at least handle one without being an idiot is a pure joy.
I've been tempted but i dunno how it is with acoustic.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 25 Sep 2018, 00:11

Oh man... Tarkov!

Made a half million rubles today, and about a thousand each of Euro and USD. So stacked with loot I have bags inside bags inside bags.

Pretty much it's been scav runs every time they're available, they're good for getting basic sellable weapons (lined up 5 scavs the second I spawned on Customs just now, dropped them all with 5 pistol shots and had filled my pockets already), and for obtaining the gear needed to complete trader quests. Then it was back to my PMC and because of all the money I'd make on scav runs, I could kit out with helmet, body armour, at least a Vepr (but usually an AK variant) and a decent backpack/sling kit and go crazy. Maps up on the second monitor so I know where I need to go and then it's just cautiously walking around and looting crates, other players or scavs. Interchange is probably my favourite map of the bunch but sadly the least player-populated (most people are on Customs or Factory), something about that vast, doomed shopping mall sings to me.

Definitely going to upgrade my package for this, another $95USD gets the edge of darkness edition which has max stash size and the largest container.

For those not aware of EFT, it's a loot-shooter with a focus on hardcore realism. Whatever gear you take in, no matter what it costs, you can lose it to the AI or other players (you can insure your gear but if someone loots your body your stuff is gone forever). There are maps across the Tarkov landscape like Customs, Factory, Interchange, etc, with more of them planned. You get a single container within which you will never lose those items and the more you pay for the game the bigger that container is. You are also limited on stash size, although with the full release you'll be able to earn more space but for now it's pay-gated to an extent. This gets tricky as inbetween rounds you're playing Tetris in that space trying to maximise your loot and a good amount of time is invested here.

One of the best new additions is having to individually load each bullet into a mag. This means I put a stack of bullets into my container, then carry just two clips (reduces my losses if I die) and drag bullets onto each clip as it's emptied. Along with that you need to individually bandage and maintain your extremities, water and energy levels (mend broken bones, die of dehydration, etc).

You can also play a scav every 15 minutes or so, this makes you look like one of the AI on the map, and the other AI won't shoot you unless you commit violence against another scav. These runs are free... if you can get some loot and make it to one of the extraction points you get to keep everything (and usually sell it). This is quite clever in that if I do end up wiping out my player character I can re-earn money using the scav method.

Right now you can choose from two factions... US or Bear (Russian). These make no difference right now but on a later release Bear will get advantages for russian weaponry, US for US. There are skills in the game that you level up just by playing, and all weapons are highly (like.. ridiculously) moddable, allowing you to kit out for whatever scenario you please.

Graphically it's stunning as well, but will punish most rigs. I run at a mix of medium/low (with high textures) on my 970 just to get the smoothest framerate. Expect more optimisation as the game has only just entered beta and is at v0.10

This excellent video about 'gear fear' changed up how I approach the game, and all of a sudden i'm enjoying the living shit out of the gamplay...

Operator Drewski has the most entertaining EFT material imo, here he is, FAL'ing it up on my favourite map, Interchange... check out 9:43 for an intense firefight in which he has to reload a 20 round mag...

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 25 Sep 2018, 09:49

Got super lucky just now... spawned as Scav on the top floor of the shopping mall, a geared player appear at the top of the escalator and lucky for me, engaged two scavs on his left. They clearly did a lot of damage as it only took me three pistol shots to down him.

Fully specced AK74 (laser, ACOG, silencer, grips), tri-zip backpack (largest in the game) and 5 player dogtags.

I need a doubles partner or a squad. Anyone here play Tarkov at all?
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Sep 2018, 14:35

If I could refund it I would
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 25 Sep 2018, 15:23

Disco wrote:If I could refund it I would

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Sep 2018, 16:31

It's so janky!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 25 Sep 2018, 16:42

You bought into an Alpha and it’s only just gone 0.10 beta. Try it now?
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Sep 2018, 17:41

Ehhhh...maybe >.>
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 25 Sep 2018, 17:59

DarkMellie wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 16:42
You bought into an Alpha and it’s only just gone 0.10 beta. Try it now?
Yeah it's been out over a year now though with no sign of really moving towards their original goal. The biggest real issue is that it doesn't know what it wants to be, your farm gear to farm more gear... for nothing. There's also absolutely zero anticheat measures in place.

There's "alpha" and then there's a cashgrab that's taking the piss. The funniest part to me is watching the big streamers play it then playing it myself 6 months later and comparing a more developed game to their experience and still finding theirs looked crazy fun but what i played was trash. So obvious who gets paid to plug games.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Sep 2018, 20:58

DarkMellie wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 13:23
It has loads of pvp.
Orly? I thought it was PVE only
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 25 Sep 2018, 22:03

Were faced plenty of players Disco, its just that half the time you cant tell the difference between a bot and a hacker.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 26 Sep 2018, 08:08

Nekosan wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 16:34
MuscularTeeth wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 09:05
Nekosan wrote:
yeah i can now!
I've been tempted but i dunno how it is with acoustic.
when i got rocksmith in 2014 i bought an electric/accoustic - it had a port to plug into pc. worked fine.
since then theyve added mic support so you can use proper accoustic guitars - but i dont know how good that works.
ive also got an elec bass and that works beaut too.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 26 Sep 2018, 09:26

Nekosan wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 22:03
Were faced plenty of players Disco, its just that half the time you cant tell the difference between a bot and a hacker.
Wait I was talking about Insurgency
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Sep 2018, 22:07

Prapor's second quest requires you to get a car key from a jacket in room 205 of the dorms on the Customs map. You then go to a fuel truck in the middle of the construction area... as long as you have the quest active, when you open it there's a bronze fobwatch in the cab. I've had 3 good goes at it today but the area is heavily populated with scavs and quite central... so a few gunshots alerts nearby players. Lost a lot of loot so far.

Finally grabbed it just now. Both my legs were blacked out, my screen was overlaid with the veins of my eyeballs indicating I was near death. Two morphine syringes were all that kept me going... the RUAF roadblock was nearby as an optional exit...

Got it! That last bastard scav almost ruined it. Made it out with a shitload of high-end mods too so should be a good earner.

Couple more quick kills here from Woods... turn your volume up for those amazing sound effects. Sadly, died at the end from blood loss with a pack full of loot :(

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Oct 2018, 00:38

Still Tarkov'ing like crazy. Got an irl mate into it and we've been going at it every night. Both sitting on close to a mil in roubles, and desperately working to lose weapons and gear so we have most space available for other stuff!

Not the best aiming on my part, imma blame my shitty $20 mouse but here's a few SKS kills..

0 x