Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Spooler

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Spooler » 15 Nov 2015, 20:09

I honestly didn't think survival added anything to new vegas.

I meaninitially sure but 5 hours in i had a stash of purified water and fruit large enough to solve world famine and really after that point all it did was have me use hydration and hunger item every so often.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Matty

Post by Matty » 15 Nov 2015, 20:38

It also added stuff like weight to ammo and healing so you couldn't just wander around with 7000 minigun bullets.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 15 Nov 2015, 22:38

Never had an issue with either.

Really all weight to ammo changes is having a storage of ammo of it that i have to go back to to rearm.

As for healing i don't ever remember having any difficulty staying stocked up on the limb healing kits/stims/radaway.

After a little while of play you just don't notice that stuff imo.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Forgetful_Lion

Post by Forgetful_Lion » 17 Nov 2015, 19:04

0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 17 Nov 2015, 20:09

Awew man I hope I gets my key to preload.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 17 Nov 2015, 20:13

Oh man, I would be so pissed if I pre-ordered then had to wait two days while I watched all the hype of everyone playing it on release. People pre-order stuff to be involved in that release day hype/fun :(
0 x

tranquil

Post by tranquil » 17 Nov 2015, 20:47

You guys aren't missing much at the moment, the match making for Aussies on PC Battlefront is a fucking joke. You will spend more time waiting in a lobby and watching players join and leave, than actually playing the game. Might go play some more Fallout instead :P

edit: although when you do get in a game, it's bloody amazing fun! runs so smooth too.
0 x

Jasdog

Post by Jasdog » 17 Nov 2015, 22:30

Hello world! Long-time lurker from GoN here, and this thread was my go-to forum post. With that in mind, I thought I should contribute to it's greatness!

Finished a bunch of games recently. Just completed Transistor a few hours ago. I loooved Bastion, so was pretty confident I'd enjoy this as well, and I definitely did. It didn't quite reach the levels of Bastions greatness (IMO), but it was still very enjoyable. The combat system was complex and great, with a huge range of customisation. The graphics, art and music were beautiful (I'm not often stunned by graphics in games, but something about this did it for me...). I didn't enjoy the story as much as Bastions, or the narrator, but it was still a great experience, and certainly recommended.

Also finished Pillars of Eternity. Love it at the start, but by the time I got to the ~40 hour mark, I was a bit burnt out and keen to just get it done, which made me just rush to the end. It looks like a lot of other people had this problem as well, with suggestions that the content is the 3rd act was sub-par to the rest. I dunno. I'm still very glad the game exists, and reckon I'll one day check out the expansion and finish all the side quests I skipped. The game gave me so many Baldur's Gate vibes (especially the 'you must gather your party before venturing forth' when going to a new zone. The first time I heard that, I was SO unreasonably excited).

Finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. More of the same as Wolfenstein: The New Order, but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to hearing about the sequel, when they eventually get around to it.

And slowly working my way through the new content in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. The expansion seems to divide the community a bit, but kudos to ArenaNet for trying new things. It's definitely an unusual expansion, as far as MMOs go. Not sure it's worth the entry price, but I'm a bit of a rabid GW2 fan, and will no doubt keep coming back to it in the future, so I don't regret the purchase (<3 no subscription fees).
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 Nov 2015, 22:45

Jasdog! Your name is familiar, did I have you for secret santa one year?

Anywho, welcome to posting/PA/errything, nice to read you.

Guild Wars 2 has been going horribly for me because I cannot get the game to update without crashing. Currently trying to sort it out with their customer service team. Might have to join you for some GW action once I get it fixed.

Transistor is a beautiful game, thinking about getting it on my iPad (where it seems more suited). I wish Bastion went to handheld too.

Pillars... 40 hours. Jesus. Reminds me of Divinity OS, games I know that I'd love if I just gave them more time.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 Nov 2015, 23:42

Wow, finally got around to playing some more Dirt Rally... this flying finn update is AMAZING. These tracks... i can't believe people race on this stuff in real life. Insanely enjoyable, lots of jumps, dips and ridiculously narrow fast sections... holy shit.

Might leave my wheel plugged in seeing as I mainly play the xbox one now the TV is downstairs.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 18 Nov 2015, 00:04

Matty wrote:It also added stuff like weight to ammo and healing so you couldn't just wander around with 7000 minigun bullets.

Ammo caps I understand but IMO having the ammo be weightless adds a lot to that kind of game. If all the ammo has weight then you end up being too heavily restricted in what you use, I've found that in FA4 I have a lot more fun being more situational with guns and not being worried about having enough ammo always.

Besides, if you want to do survival in any way that's not half assed then FA4 becomes unplayable because you can't just be an item vacuum.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 18 Nov 2015, 10:46

RE: Forgetful_Lion's post -> Fuck you GMG. I didn't even get that email so looks like I'll be getting it after the 19th. Not to mention Origin users are already playing as of yesterday. Why the 19th for GMG and now later for a lot of us that pre-ordered.
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 18 Nov 2015, 11:00

Re GMG and Battlefront, pretty sure it said release date was the 19th for non US people when I ordered it weeks ago, so for the moment I don't think it's actually delayed for us. The 19th is technically the release date for our region (listed on all the physical retailers in aus too)
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 18 Nov 2015, 11:05

This is the first time GMG may be late with my key, so I'm not particularly bothered.

Easily preoccupied with FO4 :D
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 18 Nov 2015, 11:14

Makena wrote:Re GMG and Battlefront, pretty sure it said release date was the 19th for non US people when I ordered it weeks ago, so for the moment I don't think it's actually delayed for us. The 19th is technically the release date for our region (listed on all the physical retailers in aus too)
How dare you bring logic, reasoning and research into this. Let me be unreasonable in my rant about GMG :P
0 x

lucassot

Post by lucassot » 18 Nov 2015, 18:01

For me lately and for the near future I have been playing / streaming Fallout 4 and Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. I finally got Real Platinum God achievement a few days before Afterbirth released. What a nightmare that was lol. The way I'm going with Fallout 4 its going to be many weeks before I get through it and I like that. So much to explore and do without even questing, I love it.

Early next year I'm looking forward to X-Com 2 and Dark Souls III :)
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 18 Nov 2015, 18:36

Looks like you're building quite a Twitch following :D I'll have to check it out sometime. I think by the time I get around to finishing Fallout: NV and get started on Fallout 4, Fallout 5 will have been released :)
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 19 Nov 2015, 10:25

Just started playing another one of my backed KS game releases: Hard West.
Xcom:EU style turnbased combat set in the old west (With a few optional stealth scenarios dotted here and there too), a neat loot/ability customization system (In addition to regular gear, you can equip different types playing cards that give either passive/active abilities; making proper poker hands with these card combinations gives you even further bonuses), an overmap RPG/storytelling setting with choice/consequences and great atmospheric music (Same composer from Witcher 3 I've been told), an amazing narrator VA, and some satanic demonic cults and the possibly some supernatural scenarios and elements thrown in to give it that Deadlands/Shadows of Brimstone vibe.

Initially had an annoyance where I screwed myself over in the beginning of my first play which admittedly sullied my first impressions a tad, but upon restarting and getting more and further into it with different choices, I'm quite enjoying what I'm playing here and am happy to label this yet another KS success and something that I can certainly see myself playing some more of, all the while as my backlog cries.
I give it the thumbs up and It's also on GmG as an aside if anyone is still wondering what to burn their store credit on which expires next week.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 19 Nov 2015, 10:38

Played some more Shadowrun Returns...
Wow, this game gives me a different appeal every time I turn it on. Last night I did a single run to earn some money, got near the end and suddenly I had basilisks approaching... managed to get all 3 down with only one person being temporarily turned to stone...
Loving the different approaches that can be taken though, found a secret path that would have allowed a second entry angle into a room (if I had have found the opposite end). Put fire in a doorway so that when the enemy came through it they got damage before they could shoot me.
Still loving my little drones too.

Also played a few more games of Rocket League, slowly learning my timing on my jumps, I think that is the hardest part. And I keep getting stuck under the ball when I need to be getting a run up to hit it harder. Easy game to play, much harder to master... But I did get a few new unlocks which was good, seems to be so many of the bloody things though...

And to finish the night off I was on playing Minecraft, slowly building my castle up and increasing its size. Lots of digging done, but I have walls on my castle now, even if they are going to be pushed further back... Going to build a keep on its inside next I think... maybe a couple of houses.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 21 Nov 2015, 12:38

So much Fallout 4, its great. Guy at work who isn't very bright keeps talking about stuff he has done that I haven't even if its to do with the main plot, he doesn't understand the point of spoilers because he literally watches videos with the ending of games as soon as he starts the game... shits weird yo. I've told him if he spoils one more thing I wont help him fix his computer anymore

I think I want to have a crack at actually playing DotA 2 because I'm enjoying watching it so much. Been seriously craving some kind of proper sports game, but being PC my only real options are Fifa but I dont follow Soccer or Don Bradman cricket which I've played a heap and want a change from.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mini

Post by Mini » 22 Nov 2015, 12:23

So I finished Shadowrun Retuns and now I have started Dragonfall...

The ending to Returns was pretty much what I expected, wasn't a great ending, but kept the humor of the rest of the game going.
Really enjoyed the game, but at only 9 hours long it wasn't huge. A few more side missions to earn some money and levels would have been nice.

Also it feels weird to hire a group every time you are going on a mission, rather than having a group the entire game that you get attached too.
I am wondering if the others in the series have changed that. Guess I will find out soon enough with Dragonfall.

Had a few awesome games of Rocket League, slowly getting the hang of it and even pulled off a couple of Epic saves...
Still getting the hang of directing shots, but slowly getting there...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 22 Nov 2015, 14:56

Lots of Fallout, BlackOps 3 and Forza 6 for me at the moment, with a bit of Dirt Rally and Euro Truck Sim 2 on PC.

Also discovered, that people (in Australia) are still playing MW2 on Xbox 360! Easily my favourite in the series and one that I'm super stoked to return to. Now to wait for it to get released on the Xbox One.

Speaking of, playing lots of 360 games through the XO now that they're there, such a cool feature. Fallout 3 funnily enough chiefmost among them. I'd already completed it fully (like, 100% nearabouts) on PS3 and PC, so I figure there's a nice easy 850 more GS to add to my now shiney 100K total.

In Fallout, I finally found my building rhythm and I'm largely ignoring all questing in my search for copper and circuitry. I've got a nice two storey fortress in Salvation, well appointed with more than enough space for my people. Tier 2 turrets on every corner means we've got a solid 360 degree defense. Tonight, I want to build up my remaining settlements (as I went to visit the Abernathy's just as some Raider scum launched an attack). Given that as I understand it, as long as your defense rating isn't showing a warning in your pip-boy they'll never get attacked... so this means I have 4 settlements to work on tonight.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 22 Nov 2015, 18:52

Finally got around to finishing off Halo: Spartan Assault. Great little game, starts out damn easy but has a reasonable difficulty by the end. I have no idea what the story was about, as nothing made me want to pay attention to it, but the missions are pretty fun for just blasting anything that steps in your direction. My only real complaint would have been that the tanks are terrible to control with a keyboard. I'll probably go back and play through all the missions again to scratch off a few more achievements, and there are a few modifiers you can apply to missions that change what score and XP you earn, which adds a little incentive to replay it. All up, great value game! I might even get the sequel.
0 x

Jasdog

Post by Jasdog » 23 Nov 2015, 21:14

DarkMellie wrote:Jasdog! Your name is familiar, did I have you for secret santa one year?
Quite possibly - I joined in with the last few secret santas! Goodluck getting GW2 working. It's such a pain when stuff like that happens when you just want to play the game.

Finished of Murdered: Soul Suspect today. It was okay. I played through it pretty quickly (it's about 6 hours worth), and enjoyed it for the most part. I think it had potential, and if development had more money behind it, it could have been great! But in it's current state, it's just fine. Cheap Steam sale purchase worthy, IMO.

And now finally checking out War for the Overworld, which I backed on Kickstarter ages ago but never got around to playing. I'm enjoying it a lot so far! It really is very similar to Dungeon Keeper, and as a huge fan of that series, you'll get no complaints from me.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 27 Nov 2015, 14:35

Anyone using Razer Cortex? I'm quite loving it for a few of its features. It is what used to be known as Game Booster, but now does more than just "boost" your performance for games. http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/

The best feature I am enjoying about it is that to will save your games saves to variety of "cloud" options, such as OneDrive or Dropbox. It automatically finds the save location of many games, but for the ones it can't you can point it to its save files and it will keep that synced to your online space. Might not be such a issue if all your games are on Steam and using its save cloud, but you if have games from GOG or other stand alone games it can be very handy for automatically backing up progress to a cloud drive. Got a single player Minecraft world you don't want to lose? It will automatically take care of that!

It also has a deal finder, that you can set to show prices in AUD, which I think is great for avoiding some of the lure of seeing prices in a lower USD figure. You can also sync your Steam (or other stores) wish-list and it will update you (and email you) if there is a deal on that game somewhere (even if it is on your Steam wish-list but on sale elsewhere).

Plus if your PC in getting long in the tooth like mine, the game boosting is quite handy, and totally automatic each time you launch a game. It ends processes, frees up ram, turns up some background services while you play, then restores them once you end playing.

(I sound like an advert here, but it's one of the better game launcher "thingys" that I have used, mainly because of the save backups)
0 x