The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

This is where all the random stuff goes
Post Reply
User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 11:12

This thread is for discussions relating to the 2015 event :D.

The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium is now in session!

The Super Steamy Secret Santa Scorecard!!!!! Live data!


:)
Last edited by PinothyJ on 18 Dec 2015, 00:17, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

User avatar
Makena
Posts: 1222
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:44

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Makena » 17 Nov 2015, 11:20

Thanks for running it again, glad you managed to contents of your thread etc, sorry i couldn't help out with that
0 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 11:43

PinothyJ wrote:This thread is for discussions relating to the 2015 event :D.
I have a question... deadline for responding to PM's is the 12th, how long after that will it take for us to know who we are gifting to? I need to do my gifting by 15th December as we are heading to Sydney and then overseas on 16th, so it's a really small window of time. If you're not sure we'll know by then, I may have to sit this one out.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 11:47

CherryRed wrote:
PinothyJ wrote:This thread is for discussions relating to the 2015 event :D.
I have a question... deadline for responding to PM's is the 12th, how long after that will it take for us to know who we are gifting to? I need to do my gifting by 15th December as we are heading to Sydney and then overseas on 16th, so it's a really small window of time. If you're not sure we'll know by then, I may have to sit this one out.
I will have it done shortly after it closes…
0 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 11:49

Ok, cool :) Thank you! (sorry for the noob questions :P)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 12:10

I wonder if we will get front page billing like the GoN old days…
0 x

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2921
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Mini » 17 Nov 2015, 13:05

Looking forward to it again...
I like being able to give back to the gaming community :)
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 13:08

I'm just excited to do something different this year, last year I did secret santa with my family and also secret santa with a beauty group... oh my lordy, did those girls get bitchy over who got what etc. One girl fully quit the group completely because someone sent her blue glitter eye shadow LOL
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
SuBw00FeR
Posts: 109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:47
Location: Where you aren't.
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by SuBw00FeR » 17 Nov 2015, 13:36

Girls, not even once.

Thanks for doing this again Pinothy :)
0 x
Image
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - SLI'd G1 Gaming GTX 980 - MSI Z77 MPOWER

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 13:37

Let's just say, I wasn't keen to participate again this year LOL
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
Stoibs
Posts: 418
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:46
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Stoibs » 17 Nov 2015, 13:41

Been over the other threads regarding how they work and everything.
So these things pretty much just use the entirety of the steam wishlist then?
I'm the type of person to randomly and casually just click on the wishlist button on basically everything that even vaguely or remotely seems interesting - mainly to get automatic email notifications from both Steam and places like isthereanydeal.com upon price drops and sales which use this list (At which a time I more seriously take a look at what the game is and do some more research to make a second and further determination if I even want it afterall).

A good chunk of the things on my 300~ long list are probably ones that I actually already own also that I've forgotten are there (Since steam for whatever annoying reason doesn't automatically remove them upon ownership) and another group are likely ones that I've backed on Kickstarter that have yet to distribute keys or be released yet that I've added and followed merely to keep ontop of them.

Would be keen to be more involved in this community and participate if it was something more along the lines of 'First 5/10/15/20 etc.' things on peoples wishlist so prioritizing and re-organizing what you truly wanted was a thing, rather than having to sit down and trim the fat and there-by remove these automatic notifications etc.
0 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 13:46

I don't know about anyone else, but I am going to assume that the top 10-20 items on someone's wish list are the items they really want and therefore the items I'd be most inclined to buy anyway.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 13:50

There are too many posts with heart icons -- usually there are none and the Sign Ups stick out like dog's balls.


Why on Earth you people decided to start being nice to one another is beyond me :P <3…
0 x

User avatar
Makena
Posts: 1222
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:44

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Makena » 17 Nov 2015, 14:02

Stoibs wrote:stuff
To be blunt, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask participants to have an up to date wishlist to take part in this community event. If that sets the barrier too high for some people, that's unfortunate, but I don't feel it's unfair. (And it's already fairly complex and at times frustrating for Pinothy, having to get people to prioritise wishlists is just another layer and potential headache)
5 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 14:04

Makena wrote:To be blunt, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask participants to have an up to date wishlist to take part in this community event. If that sets the barrier too high for some people, that's unfortunate, but I don't feel it's unfair. (And it's already fairly complex and at times frustrating for Pinothy, having to get people to prioritise wishlists is just another layer and potential headache)
I wish I could click the heart on your post more than once... I tried, but it just un-loved it, and that's not acceptable :D

Also, I am prioritising the items on my wish list to make it easier on Santa... but I only have like 10 things :P
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 14:09

CherryRed wrote:
Makena wrote:To be blunt, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask participants to have an up to date wishlist to take part in this community event. If that sets the barrier too high for some people, that's unfortunate, but I don't feel it's unfair. (And it's already fairly complex and at times frustrating for Pinothy, having to get people to prioritise wishlists is just another layer and potential headache)
I wish I could click the heart on your post more than once... I tried, but it just un-loved it, and that's not acceptable :D

Also, I am prioritising the items on my wish list to make it easier on Santa... but I only have like 10 things :P
I am now doing that to posts I do not like: hearting them just so I can give them unlove :).


Best. Idea. Ever…
1 x

User avatar
Dinofreak
Posts: 188
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:13
Location: In a cave, under a rock.

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Dinofreak » 17 Nov 2015, 14:16

Stoibs wrote:Been over the other threads regarding how they work and everything.
So these things pretty much just use the entirety of the steam wishlist then?
Don't worry mate, if I'm your secret santa I'll just get you Fallout 4. :lol:
2 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

User avatar
Stoibs
Posts: 418
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:46
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by Stoibs » 17 Nov 2015, 14:20

Take my +1 Heart of an upvote for trolling and get out ;)
0 x

User avatar
PirateEggs
Posts: 182
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 21:00
Location: Limbo
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PirateEggs » 17 Nov 2015, 14:23

Steam updates your wishlist automatically now anyway.
0 x
ImageImage

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 17 Nov 2015, 21:17

Ugggh, I just realised I have to remember how to use all of my spreadsheets -_-…
1 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 1898
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by CherryRed » 17 Nov 2015, 21:41

PinothyJ wrote:Ugggh, I just realised I have to remember how to use all of my spreadsheets -_-…
Just ask if you need a hand with anything Pinothy, happy to help if you need it :)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 18 Nov 2015, 21:49

CherryRed wrote:
PinothyJ wrote:Ugggh, I just realised I have to remember how to use all of my spreadsheets -_-…
Just ask if you need a hand with anything Pinothy, happy to help if you need it :)
We need more PA staff involved! Get those kids in on the Steamy action!


Weeee…
0 x

kablekill
Posts: 502
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:23
Location: Not here.

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by kablekill » 19 Nov 2015, 20:35

So are we able to give only this year?
0 x

User avatar
PinothyJ
Posts: 160
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 19:20

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by PinothyJ » 21 Nov 2015, 12:06

kablekill wrote:So are we able to give only this year?
What do you mean?
0 x

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3064
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: The PA Steamy Secret Santa Symposium!

Post by kharis » 21 Nov 2015, 16:41

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/steam-s- ... ed/0159414
It looks as if the first of two big Steam sales will kick off next week.

ShackNews reports that messages in a Steamworks developer group date the Steam Autumn sale for November 25th. It will run until December 1st.

It then adds that the Steam Winter sale will run from December 22nd to January 4th.

Interestingly, it also states that neither sale will include Flash nor Daily sales, which typically are a staple of Valve’s discount bonanzas. Instead, select titles will be highlighted on the Steam front page for between 24 and 48 hours.

“In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page,” a statement said.

“This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.”
those dates make me a sad panda
1 x

Post Reply