What wallet do you have and what do you like about it?

This is where all the random stuff goes
NotThatDoug

What wallet do you have and what do you like about it?

Post by NotThatDoug » 18 Jan 2016, 12:24

So I'm on the 4th knock off Bali wallet from the in laws and its pretty much had it, on the hunt for a new wallet. Thought I'd see what the cool kids are using to hold their cards and money today.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Re: What wallet do you have and what do you like about it?

Post by Disco » 18 Jan 2016, 12:48

Pretty traditional option for my day to day use, Mrs Disco bought me an Oroton wallet for my birthday about 3 or 4 years ago now and it still looks almost bloody new, can't fault them for quality at all and if you want one that is a good classic leather wallet that wont fall apart, check them out when they're on sale.

For my biker activities, because you know, I need a chain to whip with, I just have a cheap rough leather wallet with an eagle on it.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Forgetful_Lion

Post by Forgetful_Lion » 18 Jan 2016, 13:17

On a more serious note - I think I'll need to get a new wallet soonish and will probably end up getting something like this
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 18 Jan 2016, 13:51

I have a cheap Captain America wallet from Kmart... not enough slots for cards... but does most of the job...
Mainly have it due to the kids buying it for me for Christmas... And well the kids choosing means I get something they love :D
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 18 Jan 2016, 14:08

Basically this: http://www.biowarestore.com/brands/mass ... allet.html
But with the more subtle design of this: http://www.biowarestore.com/brands/mass ... allet.html

... I like that it's a Mass Effect wallet? :D
It has enough easily accessible card slots along with enough other slots for the things I need to carry but not use a lot (e.g. Medicare) has two compartments for cash/receipts/whatever so you can divvy things up if needed, has a zipper for the coin pocket, all while being reasonably small in size. Because it's all black bar the logo and doesn't have velcro it also looks a tad more mature than the wallet I'd used for about 20 years because it was fine for my needs. >_>
It looks more mature and professional. But it's actually still super nerdy. :)

Unfortunately you can't buy the one I have anymore, unless you find stock somewhere else like ThinkGeek or ebay. I just really like my wallet. :P
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

vanderlan

Post by vanderlan » 18 Jan 2016, 14:31

Nobody carries wallets anymore. They went out with powdered wigs!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 18 Jan 2016, 14:57

One of those trick reverse wallets like these.
Useful because I only carry the bare minimum in it, it's slim and unobtrusive.
1 x

SuBw00FeR

Post by SuBw00FeR » 18 Jan 2016, 16:06

My sister bought me a ripcurl leather wallet about 13 years ago at the airport.

Still have it to this day, and it's the best wallet I've ever had. Hasn't torn at all, nothing has frayed or anything. I love it.

0 x
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - SLI'd G1 Gaming GTX 980 - MSI Z77 MPOWER

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 Jan 2016, 16:11

Yeah I need to get myself a money clip/card holder for when I go out as my wallet is bulky, but then I only ever have it in my pocket on weekends otherwise it just stays in my work bag.

Nekosans wallet is pretty cool, I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere and comment.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Vital-Blurs

Post by Vital-Blurs » 18 Jan 2016, 16:50

I'm about due for a new one as well. This leather one by Maui would have to be getting close to 20 years old and the little button clip for the coin pouch has worn down enough that it no longer clicks shut. So I'm interested in seeing some modern alternatives.

0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 18 Jan 2016, 17:25

Have a plain black leather 3 fold Jeff Banks wallet that was an Xmas gift several years ago. Not showing any real signs of disrepair yet. Only thing I find annoying is that it gets bulky when there is a heap of change in it, but that applies to every wallet.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 18 Jan 2016, 17:36

i keep switching between a little trick one to a purse size one depending on what i want to carry around, usually carry a bag now any due to kids nappies/water/stuff they can't be bothered carrying so i'm not too fussed
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 18 Jan 2016, 21:25

A $20 black leather Quicksilver I bought a decade ago as a temporary wallet that I still have because it refuses to die. Looks like any other wallet really. What I like about it is it's less than 2cm thick even with the half a dozen or so cards, cash and whatnots I feel necessary to carry around. I'll never go back to a more traditional wallet after this, having something you don't have to pull out of your pocket to sit comfortably is a real joy.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 18 Jan 2016, 22:38

My freddie, keeps about 7 cards in it.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 22 Jan 2016, 10:21

I'ma assume this question doesn't apply to me, no one wants to see my collection of bags and wallets - my greatest fear in life is that I will die and Disco will sell them for what I told him they cost ;)
Disco wrote:Pretty traditional option for my day to day use, Mrs Disco bought me an Oroton wallet for my birthday about 3 or 4 years ago now and it still looks almost bloody new, can't fault them for quality at all and if you want one that is a good classic leather wallet that wont fall apart, check them out when they're on sale.
This is the wallet that I bought Disco, it's still stocked as it's popular, and it's on sale for $82.50 down from $165, but with code "OROTON20" at checkout you'll score it for $66 (+$14.95 delivery). They are classic and the quality is undeniable, Disco is not gentle with his shit and his has been going strong for 3-4 years now. Sure, you can probably get a wallet cheaper elsewhere but in the end you pay more as they need replacing more frequently.

http://www.oroton.com.au/austere-12-cre ... d_1001251/
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

.♥. Cupcake .♥.

Post by .♥. Cupcake .♥. » 26 Jan 2016, 15:33

Guess wallet... simply because it has 24+ card slots and I am a serial card person. I think I have a VIP card to every single shop out there. Then there's all the important cards, memberships and insurances..
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 26 Jan 2016, 17:04

Cupcake, you need the Stocard app!
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Jan 2016, 21:40

CherryRed wrote:Cupcake, you need the Stocard app!

Don't encourage her, not if you ever want to find a pair of shoes for sale again :lol: .

I have one of these, GOAT mini wallet IMO. It's a simple design without being prohibitive like most are, lever in the bottom flips your cards up staggered so you just flip it and the now exposed chip can be paypassed.

You should see the magic on peoples faces the first time you pop the cards out... :shock:

edit: lul Discobrah :lol:
1 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants