Bugs and Issues

Welcome to the NWN forums!
André Axe'm

Re: Bugs and Issues

Post by André Axe'm » 17 Mar 2019, 12:57

Server has been restarted, and the Ragnarok and HP on level up issues are hopefully fixed.
0 x

Kellendil420

Post by Kellendil420 » 01 Apr 2019, 13:28

Hi, is ALOE working on NWN enhanced edition ? I tried to log in, but it's said that I don't have the proper client version.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 01 Apr 2019, 13:40

Its not Enhanced Edition.
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 10 Apr 2019, 16:04

Am having a problem with my level 36 monk in trying to do the lizard cult adventure quest... Shamens are casting either power word stun or daze am not sure which as it last a longer time than the discription of Stun spell... As a pure monk at level 36 naturally have perfect self which should give at least immunity to anything like daze spell... I also have 50 spell resistance which should be more than enough to cancel out power word Stun ... Also this seems to last a lot longer than 2xd4 rounds it is more like 2 turns or more ...

So am wondering what is going on as those shamen are difficult to hit the moment they see you they get etheral vision type spell up granting damage reduction and 50% self concealment... Shortly after they cast either power word Stun or daze my character is totally immobile and can do nothing...

So am asking also if these lizard shamen have something in this spell which ever it is that makes my character immobile and totally vulnerable for so long... Have like 70 AC and good damage reduction too but am immobile for so long that the cult warriers can roll enough natural 20's to kill my character...

I would appreciate someone telling me what is going on in these circumstancies as above detailed...
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 10 Apr 2019, 16:59

They don't have any of the spells you have described.
They have a variety of spells which will eventually give them 50% concealment (Improved Invisibility) and damage reduction (Epic Warding. They have more, but you'll bypass them). But these will take them time to cast.

The disabling spells are either a Bigby's or Prismatic Spray. These should be pretty obvious though.
Clarifying exactly what disable you are being locked down with would help.

This was not an appropriate question to put in the Bugs thread.
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 10 Apr 2019, 17:38

I can only think that it is some form of mind spell that results in being completely static from the effects... I do not think it is daze because even if this was the case my character would be able to move about as use a belt of agilty +4 which gives freedom feat... It is definately not confusion because that gives a distinct visual swirl around one's head and again would strike out ever now and again...

The only report I get in my action log is that a creature is casting an unknown spell and because a monk can not see what the spell is am left at guessing... The visual effects I see on my character leads me to believe it either daze or power word stun, it is i suppose prismatic spray but then my characters 50 spell resistance would wipe that out let alone high fortitude saves to boot... Though that can be active through a roll of "1" it still does not explain either my immunities or high SR... Both of which would stop prismatic spell dead in its tracks...

I am guessing the only way to be sure is either have the company of a mage to discover exactly which spell it is, or be viewed by a DM ...

I posted this here because I was unsure if it is a bug and tried to be as clear as I could be... Sorry if you think this was not appropriate use of the bugs thread...
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 11 May 2019, 10:59

I've been playing with my friend Squiz with Moobs over the last few nights and we have noticed he gets half the xp I get, we split up and killed some identical mobs with us both at level 5 and the results are below.

Moobs

As you can see he is getting 24xp per Zombie Warrior before death debt.

Me

49 for the same mob, double what he got for the Hook Horror also.

Also, just to check whether I'm getting extra or if he's getting less, I also did the same test on another level 5 char I had.

I don't think he has a soul fragment, he's checked and there is no purple glow either. We did the same test (when in a party) without his animal companions so I don't think its that either. Any ideas? Should a DM have a look at him?
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Squiz with Moobs

Post by Squiz with Moobs » 11 May 2019, 11:08

Hi all. I double checked but couldn't see the soul fragment. Ill just go check again. Nah, Id say definitely not there but knowing me Ive probably still missed it :) Maybe I absentmindedly tried to scrap it or something? Really not sure.

Must say its been fun getting back on after all these years and seeing some changes and playing downstairs for the first time. Looks good :)
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 11 May 2019, 11:37

I got Squiz to check at the Priestess of Lloth and there was no option re the soul fragment.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 11 May 2019, 14:19

I should also add Squiz is getting normal xp for handing in quests, seems to only be hunting xp that is affected.
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 11 May 2019, 15:30

Has he done any trade skills and by chance picked up the merchant bag ?
0 x

Squiz with Moobs

Post by Squiz with Moobs » 11 May 2019, 15:48

I have picked up a merchants pack, not a bag. Not even sure where I got it even. I think at some point there was a chance to do some crafting later and I thought maybe I would? And I picked it up then? Not sure.

I havent chased any trade skills but I think a quest needed me to cook some food, not sure if that registered or not.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 11 May 2019, 16:22

Why didn't I think of that? :lol: :crazy: sorry all :oops:
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 12 May 2019, 04:10

Squiz with Moobs wrote:
11 May 2019, 15:48

I havent chased any trade skills but I think a quest needed me to cook some food, not sure if that registered or not.
That cooking of food is part of Sadusky's quest and not considered trade skill you only get the xp from completing the quest ...

And your right about merchant pack it was my error in that it looks like a little bag tied up with some string or small rope... Still it is one and the same thing that has caused your xp issue...
0 x

Iona

Post by Iona » 24 May 2019, 13:51

Think there is a bug with the Skellies in Tomb of Heroes. Doing home security quest and cannot get the fourth icthor (lifestealer).
Have tried several times and the boss does not appear, have respawned others without icthor of course.

Maybe needs a checkout by someone else - Iona
0 x

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 25 May 2019, 08:20

Iona wrote:
24 May 2019, 13:51
Think there is a bug with the Skellies in Tomb of Heroes. Doing home security quest and cannot get the fourth icthor (lifestealer).
Have tried several times and the boss does not appear, have respawned others without icthor of course.

Maybe needs a checkout by someone else - Iona
Make sure you're stepping on the red circle on the ground near the big raised platform.
If he still does not spawn, then I'll give you the ichor so you may continue the quest.
0 x

Iona

Post by Iona » 25 May 2019, 10:34

Worked this time, am sure have stepped on it before but appears not. Thanks Kitty, it has been soooo long since I did these quests am a newbie again lol.
0 x

Fraggermuffin

Post by Fraggermuffin » 26 Jun 2019, 13:26

There doesn't appear to be a Brewer's Oven Recipe Card for sale.
0 x
Solo ranter.

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 26 Jun 2019, 21:50

I've ordered a shipment of cards from the supplier.
0 x

ahzazhell

Post by ahzazhell » 12 Oct 2019, 08:18

i cannot see the tailor looms. everything else is fine. there was another player on they could see them but i couldnt. all cards are updated, restarted etc. nothing seems to work. i can see all other craft stations..
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 12 Oct 2019, 08:35

I was able to see the looms and tried to help casting true sight on above posters character and even casting light on the looms but still reported to me no difference... Advised to relog and reboot and check update drivers for graphics all to no effect,,, My only suggestion is that maybe either has not got the correct version of CEP or the one used maybe corrupted somehow ...
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 12 Oct 2019, 10:47

This is usually a fault with the engine and graphics drivers. It sometimes doesn't load all the models and causes them to be invisible.
0 x

ahzazhell

Post by ahzazhell » Yesterday, 04:16

yes! i reinstalled the cep 2.4 and it worked. thanks
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Yesterday, 11:39

Good job look forward to seeing more of you in game then ...
0 x