Feedback

Want a new group or a setting changed, this would be a good place to ask.
GamingKen

Feedback

Post by GamingKen » 07 Jan 2016, 22:38

People need to interact and create conversation. People do this by getting involved in subjects they have a passion for. In that regard, I still do not like the way the forum is setup with just PC Gaming and Console Gaming, then a list of random games on the front page of the forum that hardly get posted in. This is repeating games.on.net mistakes (which pulled the dividers out of the filing cabinet and left had a long list of random games on the front page, of which some hadn't been posted in since 2013).

The PC Gaming section here tends to see the "games of the moment" create discussion, pushing any other topics down the list that might not be so popular, but those less popular games or genres still have a great ability to create mini forum communities within the larger scope of the forum. It was after we lost the genre specific forums at Gon that things went very quiet. Having been part of the racing community there I saw loss of that forum section lead to many people never discussing those things again, or creating any activities, and even fading away from actiivity on the site in general. If it hadn't been for the racing section at gon, and finding like minded people in that section, I highly likely would never have become involved in the community. At the moment I feel like the wrong version of gon has been recreated here. That is also the version that lead to a very quiet forum there, just like Player Attack is becoming now.
Last edited by GamingKen on 07 Jan 2016, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Disco

Re: The Sign Up a Friend Props thread

Post by Disco » 07 Jan 2016, 22:39

I have to second Mearehear here, but I'll do what I can to bring new blood
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Matty

Re: The Sign Up a Friend Props thread

Post by Matty » 07 Jan 2016, 22:44

*makes 50 new accounts* :dodgy:
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Punkley
Site Admin

Re: Feedback

Post by Punkley » 07 Jan 2016, 22:49

Ok,

I moved this to feeback,

So we had to start somewhere, this is why we have feedback, and quite honestly.

The priority was to link the news back in...done.

Now lets get the forums people want. I don't really like the way that everything was just split like that also. You want a racing forum, I'll make you one. We want to do better then how GON was left.

I want Player Attack to be what GON was when I ran it.
2 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 07 Jan 2016, 22:55

I agree having it all in one is bad, but I think having 100 different sections for every title is also terrible as most simply don't get touched. Breaking it up into racing/fps/rts or whatever I think is probably a good compromise for games that escapenet or whatever community member doesn't have a server for.

One thing though, is often people say "we want a forum section for this!", but without any demonstrated use for it. Like (random example that I don't think people want, but whatever it demonstrates my point!) if people think we need a fighting game section, start talking about fighting games more often, show the need for it (goes for any other hobbies, real life interests, specific games/genres)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Jan 2016, 23:02

I don't think Console and PC need to be separated anymore either. It is amazing how many games we are talking about in the PC section that can and are played on consoles
Rocket League being a prime example, we have a tournament going which is run out of the PC Gaming section, but we have people playing as part of it on PS4

More games are cross platform these days.

So I think that by genre would work better. I'm not entirely sure even splitting the games that PA has servers for into separate forums is a good idea. This just segregates them from the rest of the community.
Stickied threads in the appropriate type may be a better option.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » 07 Jan 2016, 23:07

Ok so we are going to change things up.

Firstly... change things to genre
Secondly.. another group for games names Game Servers with the games that we are hosting game servers for.

Give us a bit of time to make this work.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 07 Jan 2016, 23:10

The games PA hosts servers for do kinda need their own forums so people know where to go to request changes, berate admins and the like. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » 07 Jan 2016, 23:40

ok have a look at what has been done,

let me know if that is closer to what you want (note PC gaming will go)
0 x