Borderlands 2 resources

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
Mugsy

Borderlands 2 resources

Post by Mugsy » 27 Mar 2016, 00:30

Firstly, here's a link to a comprehensive list of SHIFT codes for Borderlands 2 to stock up on Golden Keys as well as some other neat little tricks:

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Don't add more than ~255 Golden Keys to your account. That's the max coded by gearbox... anymore and your stock will reset to 0.

So after more than half a year, I finally decided to load up BL2 and do that last little errand to get me into Sanctuary. Leveled up to an amazing level 9 in the process - lol.

Thing is, I've been stocking up on Golden Keys all this time so I went straight to the golden chest and got me some replacement guns. I dunno why I was holding onto all these other crap guns all this time. The purple ones I got from the chest are insane (lots of incendiary items).

HK jumped in for a bit with a much higher level toon and opened up the golden chest to and kindly passed the items to me... and being higher level weapons, I could sell them for a higher price. Instant millionaire!

Also unlocked more back pack space, got access to the storage vault and increased its capacity, got a 3rd slot of equipping guns, and found Claptrap's shared stash (I can finally pass the class mods for the other classes to them! I don't think I can stomach going back to limited storage or less than 3 equip-able guns.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Re: Borderlands 2 resources

Post by Mini » 27 Mar 2016, 11:08

Was weird when you and Hunter just randomly appeared next to me... didn't know you could do that :P
Seems like a bit of fun, hopefully more variety than what the first was.
I got bored of it due to everything feeling the same, and enemies re-spawning faster than I could get through an area didn't help.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Mar 2016, 12:38

Yeah, the game has got a quick join feature. I guess they just want people playing together - lol. I tried not to shoot up enemies too much as I was way overpowered for that section of the game. Just phase locked enemies for ya and tried to draw fire when needed.

The grind in the first game can get pretty annoying after a while but you don't notice it as much in co-op. But I guess with twice or more firepower it's always easier to get through each area as you don't feel as overwhelmed as in solo. In co-op, it's more or less a continuous Warface mission.

Of course, having RPG type elements, what got annoying for my bro and myself in BL1 was when one of us needed to stop and respec their character. It was annoying on split screen console play... not as much on PC but it still means you'll likely stop while your team mates run ahead.

The one thing I'll miss about the first game though is the weapons that regen ammo. In BL2, there's only a handful of ways one can get back ammo in the middle of battle and the key one revolves around having a Gunserker with the ammo regen mod equipped. I'm also finding that I'm running out of sniper rifle ammo quite quickly with all these guns that consumes 2 or 3 bullets per shot. The extremely limited inventory and stash space is also annoying.

I hate to say it but it annoyed me enough to grab a save game editor so I could add Eridium credits to my character so I could increase the capacity of my inventory, stash, and ammo storage. It's only the later that gives me any advantage in the heat of battle but at least I won't be stopping as much to clean out my inventory.

I think I'm just going spec myself with the purple guns from the Golden Chest for a while. If you read the PC tips in that link above, you can essentially have infinite golden keys. I'll just respec between our games so during our games, I won't be stopping and making everyone wait for me.

Anyway, when you get to lvl7, I'll pass you few guns that rolled well for me. Majority of my good guns (lots of incendiary stuff) are lvl9 though.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 27 Mar 2016, 13:18

If I remember correctly Roland has a passive skill that makes his sentry gun hand out ammo, plus there's class mods that have ammo regen on them as well. When you increase your max ammo storage that will help a lot too. As will having more slots for guns so you can swap between ammo types if things get desperate. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Mar 2016, 16:00

Yeah, my bro and I use to leverage off the class mods with ammo regen, shields with life regen, and guns with ammo regen. Was necessary to survive in long battles at lvl50.

For some stupid reason, the sequel has done away with most of the ammo regen items. The Gunserker has a class mod that will regen ammo but they're rare. Likewise, there is one SMG that will regen SMG ammo and it's not very good. There are shields that have a chance to absorb bullets to add to your stock. I haven't even started looking at what items have life regen yet but it seems that BL2 focuses on obtaining ammo in the field rather than passively and restocking when you come past an ammo vending machine.

That's why I was so eager to bump up my ammo capacity.

Extra gun slots will help... I try to have a different class of gun in each slot to conserve ammo but my last battle before getting to Sanctuary depleted my sniper rounds leaving only a pistol in my hand. Some how I managed to get that power core and get back to my vehicle after making a wrong turn and ending up with a pack of bullymongs on my back.

Anyway, I have max ammo storage now as well as a 3rd gun slot. I have a pistol, SMG and sniper rifle on me and if that ammo runs out, I have a shotty and assault rifle in my backpack too.

I'm looking forward to a 4th gun slot so I can put on an assault rifle as well as get some diversity between the different elements. I'm thinking I'll try for a good long range shock based pistol and then SMG and Assault Rifles cover off on incendiary and corrosive. Snipe rifle will round off my arsenal.

But in BL1 when I played Mordecai, I had the top fire based SMG along with 3x sniper rifles covering incendiary, corrosive, and shock (I think i had the top fire and shock ones). This worked well with my bro as Roland. I'd wear down enemies from far off first and when they came close enough, they'd be in bad shape to deal with us.

Our play through as Brick and Lillith was different though... guns blazing! I had some mean rocket launchers to snipe with though.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 27 Mar 2016, 16:46

Oh, not Roland, whatever the equivalent guy was in BL2. Still pretty sure there's class mods with ammo regen but I guess if you're playing in multiplayer it might not keep up with how much you have to shoot. Didn't really play the second one in MP at all!
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 27 Mar 2016, 17:37

Yeah BL2 seems much more focused on scrounging ammo as you go, and honestly I had far less ammo issues in #2 then I did in #1. Except for extended boss fights playing solo, so its definitely a good idea to have backup weapons of different ammo types, especially given weapon proficiency got removed.

Had even less ammo problems in BL:PS as it was quite easy to get ammo spawns even in boss fights (especially the endboss).

Eventually you will probably find an infinite ammo weapon in #2/PS that can be nice for a holdout.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Mar 2016, 19:44

Yeah, it'll be a good idea to have an infinite ammo weapon equipped as an absolute back up.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2016, 08:48

Skill calculator for you to see if you can create the build you want (skill wise at least):

http://bl2skills.com/index.html

At lvl72 (requires the 2 specific addons I believe... not sure which ones), I can just make the build I want.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2016, 20:44

This is another way to solve the ammo problem...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Apr 2016, 07:09

And if you wanna get more Eridium, this is a legit means to farm for it without hacking anything...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Apr 2016, 21:43

Another interesting guide, this time on sniper rifles. Some of the things that affect sniper rifles I didn't know (like the traits per brand, etc). Worth a watch...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Mar 2019, 22:09

Not sure if the UHD version on Steam will be a free download or a whole new purchase (who'd bother?) but if it is free, yeah, why not get it.

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Mar 2019, 22:39

I have the Handsome Collection but I can't remember if that's because I own 2 and The Pre-Sequel or if I bought it at some point when it was cheap. :(

Says it's free, but that might only be for Handsome Collection owners? Which would suck, so hopefully they're giving it to people who only own the other bits. The Borderlands 1 remaster is free if you own that so, maybe...
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Mar 2019, 00:08

You may have bought the Borderlands Humble Bundle like a lot of us did. Though, that didn't come with Pre-sequel. And if you own the season pass for Pre-sequel, I don't think that came with any Humble Bundle so you may have bough the Handsome Collection.

I missed the Borderlands 1 remaster announcement. Funny thing is that when I saw the Handsome Collection remaster, I first thought "Why? They should remaster BL1 instead and add a mini-map as playing on PC without one is frustrating" (the compass system works on console though, esp in split screen). And it seems Gearbox agree about the mini-map.

After a quick google...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/0 ... next-week/

Yep, it's all free baby!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jun 2019, 00:07

Free DLC until 8 July... so grab it whilst you can!

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 11 Jun 2019, 11:35

Played a bit of the DLC last night, pretty fun so far, though my gear kinda sucked and it took a while to kill things. Got an Effervescent weapon which is quite powerful, and powerful ugly. :D

Also note you can start right at level 30 now, so you can get into the DLC. New level cap of 80, so even if you hit the old level cap there's more for you to do beyond the new story bits. Pretty good for a game that's pretty old now.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jun 2019, 19:04

My download completed over night so I'll probably give it a try sometime. Good to see that the content is pretty substantial.

TBH, I think this is a really good way to promote a sequel before it comes out.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 13 Jun 2019, 21:56

Started playing this recently but the mouse look steering is driving me insane. Is there any way to completely disable mouse look steering - the vehicle steering options only seem to enable and disable keyboard driving.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Jun 2019, 06:34

Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 21:56
Started playing this recently but the mouse look steering is driving me insane. Is there any way to completely disable mouse look steering - the vehicle steering options only seem to enable and disable keyboard driving.
Not that I know of. The only real way to get around it is to plug in a controller and switch to that when in a vehicle. That's actually a popular controller set up.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 14 Jun 2019, 10:13

Mugsy wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 06:34
Not that I know of. The only real way to get around it is to plug in a controller and switch to that when in a vehicle. That's actually a popular controller set up.
Might give that a shot if it supports Dualshock 4 via Steam.

I think the most annoying thing about it is that it switches the W and S keys (forward and back) depending on which way you are looking, but not if you are moving above a certain speed.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 14 Jun 2019, 12:00

I just try to spend as little time in vehicles as I can. If I don't need to fight things, I don't fight them, just zoom past, etc.

Really hope they've sorted this for 3. I wanna drive the mega wheel thing everywhere. :)
0 x