Overwatch

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
Mugsy

Re: Overwatch

Post by Mugsy » 12 Oct 2016, 11:51

Might have to give the new 4 player PvE mode a go. Sounds like it's perfect for the odd random game during 15-20min down time in my schedule.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 12 Oct 2016, 15:36

Was a little hard finding an Easy match of the coop brawl but it was quite fun once I got in. Waves of zombie-omnics, interspersed with some enemy Halloween themed heroes. Has new voiceover stuff, it's on a new map. Or at least one new map, only played it once so far. And you still earn XP towards ranks and loot boxes. :)

My free Halloween loot box only got me a "Trick or Treat" voice line for Zenyatta, from the Halloween loot list. Also got a Bastion skin I didn't have, so not too bad. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Oct 2016, 19:20

I got a voice thingo for Reaper, two sprays, and a Symmetra victory pose of some sort... not worth raving about.

Interesting that I've only played 34min of the game.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Post by Mini » 12 Oct 2016, 19:49

I got the skin for the fat guy... and some other random things.
I like the skin, so it will probably get used if I play the game...

Enjoyed the PvE play mode though, will be playing it some more.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 14 Oct 2016, 16:32

so after a long list of blizzard downloads and updates i desided to log on for my free holloween box, and just to rub it in i got the junkrat holloween gold one, might have to start playing again
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 14 Oct 2016, 19:16

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:so after a long list of blizzard downloads and updates i desided to log on for my free holloween box, and just to rub it in i got the junkrat holloween gold one, might have to start playing again

Yeah i got the Mercy witch skin with my freebie, was stoked.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 14 Oct 2016, 19:29

Six loot boxes since the update and I haven't got a single Halloween skin yet, plenty of sprays and player icons as well as the pumpkin smash emote for Reinhardt, but no skins! Just gimme the Mercy and Roadhog skin and we'll be fine Blizzard.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 14 Oct 2016, 21:33

Nekosan wrote:

Yeah i got the Mercy witch skin with my freebie, was stoked.
nice saw that in the character menu thats like 3000 credits, mad.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 14 Oct 2016, 21:44

Why is this the only game I own where the ping bounces around...
I have been able to play, Diablo 3, WoW, Rocket League, BF4... All with a ping that sits around 40 to 50...

Overwatch.... Ping bounces between 40 and 1200... GAH!!!!!
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kharis

Post by kharis » 14 Oct 2016, 21:55

yeah i played a couple of rounds earlier and had the same issue
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 15 Oct 2016, 12:57

3 crates and no Halloween stuff, finished up my season 2 placement matches with a 3 game win streak, then immediatly got 2 games with people who disconnected and then came back just before the 2 minute countdown was up so we lost those games.

In my last Placement match I was Lucio, we started on defense in Hollywood and didn't let them capture the payload at all, getting ready to attack and dude playing Junkrat says HEY LUCIO DO ME A FAVOR STAY WITH THE TEAM THIS TIME, I told him I know what I'm doing and the doors open and the team runs out, I follow 3 teammates and he splits off on his own starts going off on his mic about how shit I am, we ended up winning and I got Play of the Match. felt pretty good after that.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 15 Oct 2016, 15:31

NotThatDoug wrote:3 crates and no Halloween stuff, finished up my season 2 placement matches with a 3 game win streak, then immediatly got 2 games with people who disconnected and then came back just before the 2 minute countdown was up so we lost those games.

In my last Placement match I was Lucio, we started on defense in Hollywood and didn't let them capture the payload at all, getting ready to attack and dude playing Junkrat says HEY LUCIO DO ME A FAVOR STAY WITH THE TEAM THIS TIME, I told him I know what I'm doing and the doors open and the team runs out, I follow 3 teammates and he splits off on his own starts going off on his mic about how shit I am, we ended up winning and I got Play of the Match. felt pretty good after that.
well have we got enoght people that we could organize a group at some time to play bit then>?
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Oct 2016, 08:10

Had a quick game last night and quite enjoyed the PvE mode.

Is it only available for the Halloween event or will they keep it around as part of an ongoing PvE mode?
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: Overwatch

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 17 Oct 2016, 08:40

Mugsy wrote:Had a quick game last night and quite enjoyed the PvE mode.

Is it only available for the Halloween event or will they keep it around as part of an ongoing PvE mode?
Most likely it'll only be available for Halloween, similar to the Lucioball game mode and other brawl modes they've been releasing.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Oct 2016, 15:55

Oh well, a few goes before Diablo 3 Season 8 starts is good enough for me. Will get my level past 7 at the very least.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 17 Oct 2016, 16:12

I'm level 127 at the moment. I love that XP caps at level 25 so every level after that is just as easy to obtain. Unlocked a few more Halloween loot boxes last night AND STILL NO HALLOWEEN SKINS.
Luckily all these dupes are giving me coins, I could probably afford a skin before the event ends.

The PvE brawl is jolly good fun, McCree is basically a potg machine with his ult. Hard is a bit of a challenge but with three other friends we finally managed to finish it, it's a lot harder with pubs if you're not all in the voice channel and use your ults together to beat the bosses.
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 10 Nov 2016, 16:36

Play Overwatch® FREE November 18–21 on PC, PlayStation® 4, and Xbox One
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20372506

If there are still people out there who haven't played it yet etc.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Nov 2016, 08:21

LOL, I have the full game (which I'm pretty sure I just bought for the Mercy Wings in Diablo 3) and I still hardly play it... did load it up once to try the Halloween map which was quite fun.

Heroes of the Storm starts its Nexus Challenge in two or so days... really cool Genji skin unlocks in it (they needed to also have a Diablo 3 unlock) but I'm mainly after the 6 free heroes (at least 3 are 10k gold ones) so I guess I'm getting that Genji skin.

I'm sure the day I start playing OW properly, it'll be one hell of an experience with all these bonuses I keep unlocking form other games.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Nov 2016, 07:48

Genji skin is pretty cool but I still like original skins.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

linxus

Post by linxus » 20 Nov 2016, 10:53

The origins edition is on sale for 40% off. Toss up between Amazon and BNet as to which one is cheaper (works out to about AUD50-55).
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 01 Jan 2017, 22:56

Tomorrow is the last day to unlock that yeti skin! I wasn't lucky enough to get it from a loot box, but thanks to all the dupes I uncrated, I managed to save up for it and buy using coins.
Winston is my least favourite tank but that skin is way too good to pass up on.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 02 Jan 2017, 09:52

I spent some of my winning from betting on the UFC main event on loot boxes, I was 5 boxes in before I opened a box that didn't have duplicates and it was a box full of sprays, I really wanted Meis xmas outfit but got trash in 30 boxes
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Jan 2017, 00:35

Overwatch is joining in on the Diablo 20th anniversary celebrations. Log in and you'll automatically get a bunch of Diablo themed sprays and a Diablo player icon:

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Jan 2017, 10:22

I was in solo queue hell last night playing ranked mode. first game a lovely chap called SirFapsAlot told us all if we didn't win the game he was uninstalling Overwatch, map was route 66 we stopped the other team just short of the finish but they stopped us a couple of meters short of that, but he didn't keep to his word because the next game we are on Eichenwalde, I see him on the opposite team, Lucky for him he broke his losing streak then because we had an Attack Hanzo player who was awful, constantly told other people they should be going after the turret that was watching the choke point even though he was the best person to go after it, but he didn't want to because it didn't count towards his kills and he wanted the best K/D ratio. we got crushed that first round because we just couldn't get into the point and as soon as the round is over he immediately tells everyone in game to report the Pharah and Mercy players for not being good enough and not following his instructions.

I was the Mercy player and I did a brilliant job of keeping everyone alive except for him because despite playing a sniper character he kept running straight through Reins shield and getting destroyed. So next round its our turn on defence he immediately starts mashing the "I NEED HEALING" key I told him once he apologised to me I'd heal him, he never apologised and he never got healed, we did a pretty good holding them back but because we never captured the first checkpoint it was a hard battle and in the end we lost, he went off in chat again about he had the best K/D ratio, everyone pointed out this isn't COD there is more to the game than K/D ratio and I got voted MVP for my healing so he raged some more and left the game, I check his stats afterwards, his highest rank for the season is lower than my lowest rank and I finished on 890 SR after last night.

Next I ended up in a game where we lost both points really quickly, mostly because the Torb and Widowmaker spent the entire round arguing with each other about the others person pick, they were actually both correct, the Torb put his turret in a horrible position and the Widowmaker had the accuracy of a storm trooper, surprising we still managed to win that after we captured both points even quicker and then they changed the picks when we went back on defence and the enemy team couldn't even get the first point.

After that I grouped up with some nicer people I regularly see in game around my rank for one last game but we got matched up against a team with 3 gold players who I assume lost a bunch intentionally to lower their rank, we still had fun. I kept that Hanzos name in my whisper text box as well so every time I did a good job as Mercy I'd send him a whisper telling him how good I am at Mercy, I think he blocked me though because he never replied.

I probably should go back to Quick Play or 1 of the Arcade modes, but there is just something about Competitive when you manage to get a good group thats just so fun.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 25 Jan 2017, 19:10

I got the Pharah Copper skin in the Year of the Cock loot box!

My bro got the Tracer one. Of course the one to get is Winston's Monkey King skin IMHO.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: