The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Dexterians

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 09 Apr 2016, 12:01

Anon. E. Moose wrote:As it stands now, the drop rate is way too low. Named Elites are pretty uncommon too, there's only only one per hard mission, 1-2 per challenging, all the ones in the PvE area no longer respawn leaving the DZ the only other place to find them.

Since crafting is about to become a lot slower and the drop rate now being so incredibly low (DZ rank 37 and I still have never found a yellow HE drop in there) they need to create an avenue for players to actually obtain new loot.
But that's how they wanted it - countless dev videos said they dont want players gearing up fast.
That's why they made the changes to crafting - because they felt players are gearing up too fast.

But now with increased drops etc - that basically counters what they wanted, not to mention will gear players up FASTER than before.

Just all seems contradictory haha.
Hey, I don't care, more loot for me!
0 x

Dinofreak

Post by Dinofreak » 11 Apr 2016, 10:32

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Since crafting is about to become a lot slower and the drop rate now being so incredibly low (DZ rank 37 and I still have never found a yellow HE drop in there) they need to create an avenue for players to actually obtain new loot.
Not to mention that going rouge to take someones items will be much more rewarding if they actually have some high ends on them.
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 11 Apr 2016, 11:14

Had my first go at a challenging mission - holy shit what a grind. Although I got a gold vest out of it, it just didn't seem...fun. I typically suffer from boredom once I reach end-game. Never been a huge fan of farming/grinding. Diablo 3 had just the right drop rate of legendaries to keep me interested, but Division needs to tweak theirs, as well as the crafting requirements and re-roll costs to make things work.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 13 Apr 2016, 14:42

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Had my first go at a challenging mission - holy shit what a grind. Although I got a gold vest out of it, it just didn't seem...fun. I typically suffer from boredom once I reach end-game. Never been a huge fan of farming/grinding. Diablo 3 had just the right drop rate of legendaries to keep me interested, but Division needs to tweak theirs, as well as the crafting requirements and re-roll costs to make things work.
Haha which mission was it?

I had a go at Falcon Lost last night on Hard Mode.. couldn't do it. Didn't even try it on Challenging.

They recently did just tweak the loot.. Bosses's are now guaranteed to drop High-End loot. I went from Armor rating 130 to 160 in a matter of an hour (enough to attempt Falcon Lost on Hard, 180 for Challenging). However I quite like the way the loot works now - you gotta remember, it's a dystopian world where loot is meant to be somewhat scarce - unlike borderlands and diablo, I don't expect bosses to explode with a tonne of loot.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 13 Apr 2016, 15:20

Falcon is reasonably hard even on just hard, i think we got to wave 11 or so before the 2 randoms just camped the high catwalk for like 50 minutes and we quit because they wouldnt move.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 13 Apr 2016, 15:36

Yeah I'm interested to see how the loot tweaks have panned out. At this stage I'm playing The Division "on the side" now and focussing on finishing the Uncharted Trilogy. I'll probably jump on occasionally with a group of mates for some loot farming, and trying new missions, but I feel I got my money's worth.

Incidentally it was Lincoln Tunnel mission.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 14 Apr 2016, 15:46

Took me and a group almost 3hrs to do Russian Consulate on Challenging... and all I got was a high-end scope :| lol
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 15 Apr 2016, 18:54

You on xbox or pc dex? Add me if the latter, i'm normally just running with a single friend most nights and even with the worst of scrubs that doesnt take us 3 hours (hell your gear score is probably better than mine is).
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 15 Apr 2016, 20:24

I play on Xbox, else I would! :(

Most people here seem to be on PS or PC...

..where's all the xbox peeps at?
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 16 Apr 2016, 21:54

no longer have a reliable group of 4 ... matchmaking is useless ... whelp i think this game is more or less dead to me now ... sad I enjoyed it while it lasted.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 16 Apr 2016, 23:00

Just exploit like 70% of the rest of the game does.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 Apr 2016, 00:26

I hit level 30 and looked at all the pheonix shit and... yeah, i'm done. Never liked that aspect in Destiny either, 'end-game' is just so much bullshit.

To me. In my opinion. I know others love it and get more out of it than I can.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 17 Apr 2016, 01:31

Agree with all of the above. Once you reach lvl 30, end game farming / grinding is pointless with anything less than four-man parties, three at best. Replaying missions on challenging is excruciating without a full, decent squad. I managed to save enough phoenix credits for a gold vector blueprint, but I'll be damned if I have to keep grinding to buy the other stuff.

If it wasn't for a core group of mates to play with, this game would've been over quicker. I have thoroughly enjoyed the game, but it doesn't change my aversion to eventual grinding.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: The Division

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 17 Apr 2016, 01:37

DarkMellie wrote:I know others love it and get more out of it than I can.
That'sa me! The dopamine hit is so freaking real every time I see that yellow box pop up.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 18 Apr 2016, 00:31

Tried my hand at the DZ today. Interesting premise, it didn't take long for some random party to invite me. They didn't quite believe me when I said it was my second time, with a DZ rank of 15 and gear score of 144 (which I accomplished through dailies).

For the most part we were playing fair, leaving dropped gear if a party member died, leaving most agents alone. But every now and then, there was a discussion about "mucking around" as rogue agents. I kept my mouth shut, but I guess once you've had enough of finding bosses and loot to extract, the novelty wears off and the urge to be a douche takes over.

Once again, I did marvel at the level design of the DZ and its distinctive aesthetic compared to outside.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 18 Apr 2016, 10:37

I had a really successful night in the DZ last night. A friend and I partnered up to do some farm and hopefully find some decent gear, not long after we arrived a DZ supply crate was dropped in no more than 200m from us.
Turns out half the instance was nearby as well as it turned into a pretty hectic PvP fight between three groups, a nice 2v3v3.
One groups went rogue first so the rest of us focused on them taking them out fairly easily. In the cross fire I accidentally shot the other group, cue me trying to calm the other group down via voice chat but they weren't having it as they wanted that supply crate, just not as much as my friend and I. We both popped our ults, the damage reduction and critical boost and quickly mopped up the other group with explosive ammo.

Once it was clear we grabbed the crate, I nabbed myself a Tacticians Authority gear set glove (with a pretty shit roll, mind you) and we were back on our merry way farming.

We quickly became the targets of the other groups, I think they were just salty they didn't get the crate.
0 x

Thorny

Post by Thorny » 18 Apr 2016, 11:08

Anon. E. Moose wrote:I had a really successful night in the DZ last night. A friend and I partnered up to do some farm and hopefully find some decent gear, not long after we arrived a DZ supply crate was dropped in no more than 200m from us.
Turns out half the instance was nearby as well as it turned into a pretty hectic PvP fight between three groups, a nice 2v3v3.
One groups went rogue first so the rest of us focused on them taking them out fairly easily. In the cross fire I accidentally shot the other group, cue me trying to calm the other group down via voice chat but they weren't having it as they wanted that supply crate, just not as much as my friend and I. We both popped our ults, the damage reduction and critical boost and quickly mopped up the other group with explosive ammo.

Once it was clear we grabbed the crate, I nabbed myself a Tacticians Authority gear set glove (with a pretty shit roll, mind you) and we were back on our merry way farming.

We quickly became the targets of the other groups, I think they were just salty they didn't get the crate.
Me and a buddy of mine got ganked by a group of 4 last night, hunted them down, I got focused down and my mate popped his ult and 1v4'd them, this ping ponged back and forth for a good couple of hours haha at one point after they had killed us, they were waiting for us to come back for our couple of pieces of loot we had and ambush us. we got the jump and killed them all pretty quick all 4 of them had full dz bags of HE gear.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 18 Apr 2016, 14:08

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Agree with all of the above. Once you reach lvl 30, end game farming / grinding is pointless with anything less than four-man parties, three at best. Replaying missions on challenging is excruciating without a full, decent squad. I managed to save enough phoenix credits for a gold vector blueprint, but I'll be damned if I have to keep grinding to buy the other stuff.

If it wasn't for a core group of mates to play with, this game would've been over quicker. I have thoroughly enjoyed the game, but it doesn't change my aversion to eventual grinding.
See, I'm really confused why you're struggling with groups for CHALLENGING.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I get the dailies knocked out in a matter of an hour.. If you are of gear score 170+, there is no reason why regular missions should be so hard! I'm 184 and I can mow down a boss in 2 1/2 clips with my MP5...

Where I really struggle, is on Falcon Lost - HARD or CHALLENGING - can lose HOURS in there and get nowhere... unless you get a group who knows how to glitch... takes the fun out of it a little bit - but eh, task gets complete. I think what would stop everyone glitching this incursion out would be if they put some damn checkpoints every couple of rounds... do you know how much your moral drops when you're on round 14 and you wipe?? Having to start from 1 again?? Groups disband soo quickly.

As for all the Dark Zone complaints - as much as I hate getting ganked etc - it's the part I really enjoy about this game - just how challenging and punishing it can be. Like Ralph mentioned in one of his posts - there is something nice about wandering around in the Dark Zone. Trying to get the supply drops etc - I like how it can try force the hand of PvP. I dunno, the whole tense/suspense thing appeals to me.

While yes, I agree this game is a lot like Destiny - to me, it's Tom Clancy - I enjoy the tactical crap. I think that's why I enjoy this more than I did Destiny.. I just hope it doesn't end up following too closely to Destiny's footsteps.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 18 Apr 2016, 17:48

Have a look at my post again dude, I said that challenge mode was excruciating WITHOUT a group. Playing with a group I've found it playable, even enjoyable at times. But if you don't have friends or a reliable group, don't bother.

Sure you can join up with randoms, and hope lady luck picks a decent group. Like my previous post said, my one time with a random seemed ok. Though I forgot to mention I could hear party member's domestic in the background and him yelling at his dad over downloads -_-
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 18 Apr 2016, 21:27

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Have a look at my post again dude, I said that challenge mode was excruciating WITHOUT a group. Playing with a group I've found it playable, even enjoyable at times. But if you don't have friends or a reliable group, don't bother.

Sure you can join up with randoms, and hope lady luck picks a decent group. Like my previous post said, my one time with a random seemed ok. Though I forgot to mention I could hear party member's domestic in the background and him yelling at his dad over downloads -_-
I wasn't objecting to anything in your post - I read it. I was just saying that once you reach a certain gear score - it becomes really easy to solo CHALLENGING modes - I have a hard time with missions in high level areas, solo, but the missions in lower level areas are easier, there's more cover etc - when you get to the higher level missions cover becomes harder and sometimes space becomes an issue, fighting in tight spaces etc.

Missions are soloable - or eventually become it with better gear etc. So often in groups etc you hear people gloat how they just managed to complete a particular mission solo, so it's definitely a thing people try do. Solo really depends on your gear score. (Like Destiny and light levels)

Yeah - I tend to ignore whatever is going on with players mics etc. I'm generally not fussed with who I get matched with. So long as they can play and aren't screwing me around - I'll tollerate whatever BS is coming through their mic, because I know once the mission is complete, it's goodbye. Sometimes you end up meeting like minded cool people who you then add and try play with again.

Incursions are tedious - but it doesn't take long before you play with a group who have either completed it, or will cheeze it or will have a decent attempt. Currently, incursion is the toughest thing in the game. Finding a group who can complete it can be tough. Very tough.

I actually wonder if the incursion uses some sort of RNG... in the sense that 1 in every 10 attempts is easier than the other 9.
Like a crane game.. When a group is formed - your success is determined before you even enter the incursion lol.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 18 Apr 2016, 22:52

Ubisoft planning to punish Falcon exploiters

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/18/114499 ... ce=twitter
1 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Apr 2016, 10:11

I just don't get the punish aspect of this. How does players having more falcon coins affect anything? Why not go "shit guys, you found a bug, boo for you, we've closed it now so sucked in" or similar?
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 19 Apr 2016, 11:05

I guess whenever pvp is involved, cheaters have an advantage over non cheaters.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 19 Apr 2016, 15:27

Some have said they were booted from groups because they refused to use the cheat, leading them to do so.
I've had that happen to me. It's really sad. I mean don't get me wrong, the glitch is great - but it's boring as hell. Sometimes it's nice to find a group willing to attempt it legitimately. There's a sense of accomplishment that comes with it.

I've also been booted from groups in the Lincoln Tunnel mission - the bit when you get to the tunnel and have to protect that agent for 2mins and the waves come - groups like to leave 1 NPC behind to prevent the other waves from coming. I once didn't realise that's what the group was doing so I killed him and got booted.

It's pretty sad, it's not like it's a freaking hard mission or anything...

DarkMellie wrote:I just don't get the punish aspect of this. How does players having more falcon coins affect anything? Why not go "shit guys, you found a bug, boo for you, we've closed it now so sucked in" or similar?
I agree. Not because I'm concerned that I'm going to get in trouble - I've only exploited it twice or thrice, but this falls back on them - they released a hotfix to stop one of the exploitable ways but they can't hotfix the one they left behind?? Almost feels like entrapment.

Add some freaking checkpoints to the waves! You'll probably find people won't care for exploiting anymore haha.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 19 Apr 2016, 20:29

I got to wave 15 of Falcon Lost last night with randoms then we got absolutely over run by shock drones and we wiped. It was seriously a buzzkill, we gave it another shot but wiped again at about wave 7 as we were just sloppy and couldn't care anymore after the last attempt.
GS184 and it's a real long slog to do properly.
0 x