The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 23 May 2016, 17:32

Dexterians wrote:I don't like the idea of toggling - in grand scheme of things it'd look silly and a little unfitting in terms of realism etc, as far as realism goes within the game. Alas why 1.2 is putting more shit to do in PvE zone.
Why not ? being able to mark yourself as rogue makes more sense than "once you've removed this % of health" you are rogue.


Dexterians wrote:Mind you, we don't usually attempt the incursion on Challenging - but we can smash through Hard Mode within an hour. If we don't wipe, we can finish it in 30mins.
Exactly ... forgetting the problems with the incursion (having to restart from the last wave is utter bullshit), once you have it on farm it takes <1 hour and then ... you're done for the week.

And as far as the PvE content goes the incursion is honestly the worst of it ... spending 20 minutes to an hour+ in the one room is just friggen lame.
That's actually what i love about the darkzone ... how varied it is in terms of locations and even enemies, it's enjoyable to just run around farm an area then move on to another area and just keep going I'd love the pve aspects of the dark zone somewhere else ... actually it'd be pretty close to my idea of perfection. But as i have no interest in PvP when it does happen it's just an absolute annoyance.

I say this but I'd actually partake in PvP if there was pvp only areas I'd love some pvp combat that's actually pvp combat not "can i steal this guys shit" combat, or even "can i kill him before he realises what's happening combat"
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 23 May 2016, 17:52

Spooler wrote:
Dexterians wrote:I don't like the idea of toggling - in grand scheme of things it'd look silly and a little unfitting in terms of realism etc, as far as realism goes within the game. Alas why 1.2 is putting more shit to do in PvE zone.
Why not ? being able to mark yourself as rogue makes more sense than "once you've removed this % of health" you are rogue.
Yeah it's hard, granted - no doubt. But the idea of turning it off and on I don't like it.
This goes back to the old PvP vs PvE server types in MMO's. Generally I play on PvP, so maybe that's why the DZ doesn't bother me so much. I'm kinda used to being griefed and have built up a tolerance and patience for it. But, a system where accidental roguing doesn't happen would be ideal.


Spooler wrote:
Dexterians wrote:Mind you, we don't usually attempt the incursion on Challenging - but we can smash through Hard Mode within an hour. If we don't wipe, we can finish it in 30mins.
Exactly ... forgetting the problems with the incursion (having to restart from the last wave is utter bullshit), once you have it on farm it takes <1 hour and then ... you're done for the week.
Well, maybe for you - I do it daily. Or as many times as I can through a week if I've got the time.
(2 chars = 4 items on weekly)
Spooler wrote:And as far as the PvE content goes the incursion is honestly the worst of it ... spending 20 minutes to an hour+ in the one room is just friggen lame.
Agreed, it was their first "incursion" so I'll give them some slack, I'm hoping this new incursion is a little more actiony rather than campy.
Spooler wrote:That's actually what i love about the darkzone ... how varied it is in terms of locations and even enemies, it's enjoyable to just run around farm an area then move on to another area and just keep going I'd love the pve aspects of the dark zone somewhere else ... actually it'd be pretty close to my idea of perfection. But as i have no interest in PvP when it does happen it's just an absolute annoyance.

I say this but I'd actually partake in PvP if there was pvp only areas I'd love some pvp combat that's actually pvp combat not "can i steal this guys shit" combat, or even "can i kill him before he realises what's happening combat"
I partake in PvP quite regularly - like to try get manhunts and see if we can survive. That or try take down manhunters.
I guess what you're looking for is more varied gameplay options for PvP - like a cruciable type thing that pits players in a "friendly" yet "competitive" game of CTF or some crap. But i thoroughly enjoy the DZ as it is so far - yes, it can be painful, sometimes makes me rage, but I enjoy all the emotions the game gives. This whole cutting of the rope thing.. I feel might be pushing it a bit far but will soon see haha.

I don't play on PC - so maybe the experience sucks on PC I dunno? Sometimes it feels like when I read some of the stories PC players go through if we're playing the same game. I'm so glad we didn't get teleporters on console, or wallshotters... but on console we do get people using the shield glitch heaps haha.
0 x

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 24 May 2016, 17:09

Honestly I'd love a team vs team version of the dark zone with more frequent and meaningful supply drops. That's my sort of PvP I like the other guys to know im going to murder them.

The rope cutting doesn't bother me because the core issue is the rogue system itself I guess like I said if you have to toggle going rogue to attack non rogue players I'd take less issue with it especially if it locked you into being rogue for 30 minutes or so instead of the way the manhunt system currently works with the whole you die you can come back in and go straight back to trolling without your rogue status.




Yea ... i do wonder if i should have gotten it on PS4 instead ... seems console gamers are alot happier about this one than pc folk.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1122
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: The Division

Post by Nekosan » 25 May 2016, 01:42

Patch is interesting, within 2hrs or so tonight i have picked up about 9 assorted greens over level 214 (mostly 240). Going to be interesting in 2 weeks when nobody has a reason to play. I had one weekly drop me THREE 240 greens + a 214 weapon for like 3 minutes work.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 25 May 2016, 11:02

Nekosan wrote:Patch is interesting, within 2hrs or so tonight i have picked up about 9 assorted greens over level 214 (mostly 240). Going to be interesting in 2 weeks when nobody has a reason to play. I had one weekly drop me THREE 240 greens + a 214 weapon for like 3 minutes work.
I hear vendors have greens as part of their rotation too.

I haven't played the game yet - I just managed to download the patch last night being having to turn in but from speaking to people, loot wise, they've made it crazy easy - also dropped some of the materials required for crafting?
0 x

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1122
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: The Division

Post by Nekosan » 25 May 2016, 18:21

I didnt get a chance to look at the mats, not sure it matters though. The caches bosses in the dz drop contain divtech (even the purple ones have like 2-6 or so) along with the gear(scuse the potato photo):


Image



That turned into a 240 chest piece from memory and a rifle (i think), i've had 4-5 gold ones and each was a 214 weapon inside i think.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 26 May 2016, 19:24

I swear the servers are just permanently down literally every time I've gone to play since the patch dropped they've been offline ... like what the hell ...
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 13 Jun 2016, 15:11

So managed to squeeze some time with this over the past few days - I'm not minding the new patch. Loot drops are a little more frequent, better quality etc. The rope cutting just adds a whole new element of intensity to the Dark Zone, but otherwise the game seems more fixed than broken these days..

I dunno, will give it some more time - 1.3 is on the horizon too.
0 x

User avatar
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 631
Joined: 10 Nov 2015, 22:50

Re: The Division

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 13 Jun 2016, 16:33

Organised a game on Friday night with mates on the PS4. We ran through Falcon Lost; got some good gear but the whole ‘sit in the pit’ gameplay was kinda dull. Hoping to upgrade my gear enough to give Clear Sky a shot, I hear that has a little more variety. We also had a run at some weekly bounties – that was more fun, especially how they’re relatively quick to complete.

Then on Sunday I made the mistake of joining a mate in the DZ. Got wiped quickly in DZ05-06 by enemies and a Lvl 99 rogue group. My mate and I decided to move onto DZ01 and hang around there. But nope, the rogue group decided to follow us and keep harassing us. Ended up quitting the game.

The drops are better, but the game still needs a decent PVE farming area like the greater rifts in Diablo 3. If only the DZ was a PVE arena with Lvl 32 – 34 AI controlled Rogue Agents and gang members, and a final boss appears after killing X amount of enemies. Sadly that's not going to happen.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 13 Jun 2016, 17:41

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Organised a game on Friday night with mates on the PS4. We ran through Falcon Lost; got some good gear but the whole ‘sit in the pit’ gameplay was kinda dull. Hoping to upgrade my gear enough to give Clear Sky a shot, I hear that has a little more variety. We also had a run at some weekly bounties – that was more fun, especially how they’re relatively quick to complete.
With the group I played with, they were 220ish Gear Score, they didn't go in to the pit at all. They were everywhere. Falcon Lost has become easier. Given that challenging is 180GS and people are 220+ - yeah was gonna happen.

Clear Sky is short and sweet compared to Falcons.


Ralph Wiggum wrote:Then on Sunday I made the mistake of joining a mate in the DZ. Got wiped quickly in DZ05-06 by enemies and a Lvl 99 rogue group. My mate and I decided to move onto DZ01 and hang around there. But nope, the rogue group decided to follow us and keep harassing us. Ended up quitting the game.
Ew. Have you every tried quitting the game and going back in? You're often connected to a different server. That's how we get around Dark Zones that have griefers. They're hard to avoid but you can get some good runs in before they show.

Ralph Wiggum wrote:The drops are better, but the game still needs a decent PVE farming area like the greater rifts in Diablo 3. If only the DZ was a PVE arena with Lvl 32 – 34 AI controlled Rogue Agents and gang members, and a final boss appears after killing X amount of enemies. Sadly that's not going to happen.
Have you visited any safe houses outside the Dark Zone?
They have PvE bosses you can kill who drop greens. High Value Targets lurk outside the darkzone.
Again, I can't stress this enough and it saddens me when I keep seeing people pointing the finger at the darkzone.. - it's quite possible to gear up without entering the DZ and this still is the case, moreso since the new patch.

Head over to the Base of Operations and inside the Security Wing you’ll find two new vendors. The Daily HVT Officer and the Weekly HVT Officer. Between them they have six daily and four weekly HVT contracts.

High Value Target (Daily) – 1x 182 High End or 214 Gear Set – chance for 1x 191 Gear Set
High Value Target (Weekly) – 1x 182 High End or 214 Gear Set – chance for 1x 214 Gear Set
High Risk Target (Weekly) – 1x 204 High End or 1x 214 Gear Set – chance for 1x 240 Gear Set

Ralph Wiggum wrote:the game still needs a decent PVE farming area like the greater rifts in Diablo 3.
I dunno if that's what the game really needs... I mean it's pretty generous as it stands now since 1.2 but I get what you mean. So, in saying that, I think 1.3 is going to address this - from my understanding (with the little details I know) is that is what the underground will kinda be like.
0 x

User avatar
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 631
Joined: 10 Nov 2015, 22:50

Re: The Division

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 13 Jun 2016, 18:34

Yeah when I referred to bounties I actually meant HVT's. They were fun, and relatively quick, though the best gear only occurs weekly. A minor niggle I have is that if playing in a group, one player has to pay (and lose) the required intel points to open a HVT. Ideally everyone should contribute to the intel point requirement. It's not too bad because I only play with friends, but the informal HVT pub games can suffer from freeloaders. Diablo 3's greater rifts initally had the same problem, but they've fixed it whereby you need to submit a key in order to join the rift. It's a minor niggle, but I feel Massive aren't learning from mistakes other games have made.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1122
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: The Division

Post by Nekosan » 13 Jun 2016, 20:55

Ralph if you can do Falcon then Clear sky is easy, if you have a group of 4 it's a cakewalk.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Dinofreak
Posts: 188
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:13
Location: In a cave, under a rock.

Re: The Division

Post by Dinofreak » 14 Jun 2016, 11:01

Dexterians wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:The drops are better, but the game still needs a decent PVE farming area like the greater rifts in Diablo 3. If only the DZ was a PVE arena with Lvl 32 – 34 AI controlled Rogue Agents and gang members, and a final boss appears after killing X amount of enemies. Sadly that's not going to happen.
Have you visited any safe houses outside the Dark Zone?
They have PvE bosses you can kill who drop greens. High Value Targets lurk outside the darkzone.
Again, I can't stress this enough and it saddens me when I keep seeing people pointing the finger at the darkzone.. - it's quite possible to gear up without entering the DZ and this still is the case, moreso since the new patch.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:the game still needs a decent PVE farming area like the greater rifts in Diablo 3.
I dunno if that's what the game really needs... I mean it's pretty generous as it stands now since 1.2 but I get what you mean. So, in saying that, I think 1.3 is going to address this - from my understanding (with the little details I know) is that is what the underground will kinda be like.
The thing that bugs me the most with the loot system, while it is better with 1.2, is that the drop rates for different sets change depending on what you are doing. The HVTs are fun and something different to do but I don't really want any more Lone Star gear so its hard to get excited about them now. I run a Sentry build for my group so the only chance of me getting better gear is FL but somehow 95% of the gear that drops for me is Strikers. Until the weapons get a major overhaul most of the weapon drops are trash. There might be more loot now but it still doesn't feel exciting to pick it up.

My group is pretty much down to a night or two a week to get the bonus gear but no one really can be bothered anymore. Seems we did well to last this long.

http://githyp.com/the-divisions-player- ... ce-launch/
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 14 Jun 2016, 14:38

Dinofreak wrote:I run a Sentry build for my group so the only chance of me getting better gear is FL but somehow 95% of the gear that drops for me is Strikers. Until the weapons get a major overhaul most of the weapon drops are trash. There might be more loot now but it still doesn't feel exciting to pick it up.

My group is pretty much down to a night or two a week to get the bonus gear but no one really can be bothered anymore. Seems we did well to last this long.

http://githyp.com/the-divisions-player- ... ce-launch/
It's sad but true.. the drop rate is better but the loot is not. I still find myself dismantling or selling items. There hasn't been much I've replaced or equipped, it's far and few between.

I don't play as often as I'd like to, work and life lately has been holding me back, but I've definitely noticed a drop in players, however I don't think console has been affected as much as PC. PC is still plagued by a lot of hacks and bugs so I'm not surprised.
0 x

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 14 Jun 2016, 15:13

Nekosan wrote:Ralph if you can do Falcon then Clear sky is easy, if you have a group of 4 it's a cakewalk.

I found falcon to be easier. But really neither are challenging ... cheap at times but not really difficult.

There's not really a whole lot left in the game for me to do that gives reward at this point im 240 in every piece but my holster i have only 1 weapon that isn't a perfect 204 roll.

I really wish there was more to do in the PvE world like there is in the dark zone that'll give me 204 weapons/240 gear for running around and making my own fun ... sick of the repetitive nature of pve
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 631
Joined: 10 Nov 2015, 22:50

Re: The Division

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 14 Jun 2016, 16:40

Yeah, my friends have significantly dropped off from playing The Division, and going at the game solo really sucks. The lower tier HVT missions which are able to be soloed only give about 10 bird points, and at best a lvl 182 item. Replaying daily hard missions only gets you a lvl 160 item and more bird points. That’s 10-20 minutes of playing for practically nothing. I want to level up my gear, but the only way to do that is to venture into harder territory where I get wiped very quickly. Massive are incredibly stingy about item quality, and unnecessarily so. They give you mostly garbage in the hope that you keep coming back for more. Instead they should be making you come back because each time you play, you feel like you’ve accomplished something.

You're fighting the RNG Jesus for the right gear level, the right gear type, stats and perks. That is a LOT of randomness working against you.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 14 Jun 2016, 17:38

Ralph Wiggum wrote:You're fighting the RNG Jesus for the right gear level, the right gear type, stats and perks. That is a LOT of randomness working against you.
Yeah, the odds are in the high billions - because each stat itself is gathered from a pool of stats. If you've ever recalibrated a weapon you'll know what I mean. The RNG's in this game are freaking harsh.
0 x

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1122
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: The Division

Post by Nekosan » 14 Jun 2016, 18:52

IMO the main thing they need to do (at least weapon wise) is remove the "must have" talents, even if it makes all the rest just fluff. There should never be 3-4 stats that HAVE to be on an item or it's garbage. I honestly think the loot drops etc were fine as they were, the stats just needed to be less retarded.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 14 Jun 2016, 20:39

Nekosan wrote:IMO the main thing they need to do (at least weapon wise) is remove the "must have" talents, even if it makes all the rest just fluff. There should never be 3-4 stats that HAVE to be on an item or it's garbage. I honestly think the loot drops etc were fine as they were, the stats just needed to be less retarded.
Yeah I agree. Rather than have talents or attributes that are useless, only have beneficial ones rather than junk stats.
But then you run in to the problem of wanting the stats that help your build... so it might not work, there'll always be that MUST HAVE stat/talent/attrib :(

I think scavenging is still a junk stat that doesn't even work? So you could start with that one at least.
0 x

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 15 Jun 2016, 12:44

There can always be a "must have" that's fine, the problem is the difference between the must have and every other talent is huge.

You should be able to do well without whatever the "must have" in the meta is and right now you just can't.
I actually think there's alot of needless complexity in the division that really doesn't help as well.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Dexterians
Posts: 612
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 09:27
Location: Underground Laboratory

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 16 Jun 2016, 10:31

So here's a preview of Underground.

Looks like they're randomly generated instances;

0 x

User avatar
DarkMellie
Posts: 1441
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:36
Location: GoNer

Re: The Division

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Jun 2016, 10:26

Okay, I'm having fun in the Division again thanks to daily Intel, missions and HVT's. Currently gear score 82 and would welcome any invites to DZ grpups (refuse to go in there alone even though it's been a graveyard the last few times I visited).

Have mostly been doing Hard dailies and put a few bits of decent kit together but until I get some better quality blueprints, I'm left hoping for good drops on the Hard missions (Challenging sees me one-shorted and HVTs are so freaking difficult).
0 x
Image

User avatar
DarkMellie
Posts: 1441
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:36
Location: GoNer

Re: The Division

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Jun 2016, 12:42

Well that was quick, from 82 to 154... almost ready for some Incursion action! Managed to do the Challenging daily just now, died a fair bit but picked up a pair of gloves that shot me from 138 to my current level.

Ranked up in the DZ by virtue of there being no players on... was able to just farm DZ Yellows/Purples and then extract without once seeing another player.

My dude;

Image

Progress on the weeklies;

Image

So yeah, thanks to whoever it was that said you could lift your gearscore in singleplayer, you were absolutely right and have brought a bit of life back to the game for me :)
0 x
Image

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1122
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: The Division

Post by Nekosan » 18 Jun 2016, 14:09

Mellie if you got a dz with nobody in it you should have just not logged out. I'm pretty cool with moving all my gear to a new toon and going in butt naked if it means leveling without retards.

Also dat LVOA goodness... i love that thing.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 18 Jun 2016, 18:30

Really looking forward to the underground DLC it looks amazing.
I'm pretty much completely geared so im excited to get some new upgrades aswell as some new content. If anyone needs a hand with something or wants an incursion run (hard) add me to Uplay (Spooler_4) and give me a shout when im on.


My body and my toon are ready !

Image
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Post Reply