Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
kharis

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by kharis » 23 Nov 2015, 11:50

ooh i need me one of those, I'm a general now apparently
0 x

Werewolph

Post by Werewolph » 23 Nov 2015, 16:52

Mother of god, that's beautiful! My best one is a Cryo infused .50 cal Sniper Hunting rifle. As for most used, it's probably my trusty combat shotty.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 23 Nov 2015, 17:05

My .45 submachine gun is absolutely making a killing, so much so that I've renamed it the "Gangster's Wet Dream".

Seriously :?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 23 Nov 2015, 17:22

The very first legendary I got, was still using it at the end of the game. Think I changed all the mods except the drum magazine.
The only downside was that the explosions hurt me if I shot it too close. And the ammo consumption was kind of nuts. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

ball0fire

Post by ball0fire » 23 Nov 2015, 18:06

hmm i disssmissed the thompson as a viable weapon cos it didnt do much damage , i guess with mods its not toooo bad, but i like my combat rifle using 45's im doing 78? ish damage a shot in semi auto mode and greeen dot sights (i get alot more bonuses for single shot guns over autos)
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 23 Nov 2015, 18:37

They're not that great normally, but it has a 100 shot magazine and fires really fast and the explosions add up. It's obscenely effective compared to my regular .45 gun, not sure why. Didn't get around to any of the specific weapon type perks, used too many kinds to justify it versus other things, like more crits!
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Nov 2015, 19:00

Yeah the Tommy gun fully modded doesn't normally do that much damage, but that with exploding bullets must be glorious. I just saw a video of a minigun with exploding bullets that just carved through everything and I imagine that must do the same, with even more control. :clap:
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 23 Nov 2015, 21:39

How did you get that gun Bickety?
Bicketybam wrote: I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix for Thicket Excavations soon, I hate not being able to see where I am walking as I tend to just walk off the edge and crater
So the first time I arrived at thicket it was ok, but since then it's got those buggy textures. The game has the capability to render it correctly it just doesn't for some reason. It's almost like the low LOD textures fail to unload or something.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 24 Nov 2015, 00:45

Matty wrote:How did you get that gun Bickety?
Bicketybam wrote: I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix for Thicket Excavations soon, I hate not being able to see where I am walking as I tend to just walk off the edge and crater
So the first time I arrived at thicket it was ok, but since then it's got those buggy textures. The game has the capability to render it correctly it just doesn't for some reason. It's almost like the low LOD textures fail to unload or something.

Crouching fixes it, you just need to be inside the busted textures. Once i started the water draining it fixed itself for me anyway and it just looks like it should now.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 24 Nov 2015, 02:30

Matty wrote:How did you get that gun Bickety?
Not sure, I took it off some legendary. At first finding these were cool, but I come across so many legendary characters that I just load them up and haul them back to my base and stuff them in a drawer :P

I do know I had just modded a normal gun just like it and as soon as I used it got that off some legendary.
Matty wrote:So the first time I arrived at thicket it was ok, but since then it's got those buggy textures. The game has the capability to render it correctly it just doesn't for some reason. It's almost like the low LOD textures fail to unload or something.
Nekosan wrote:Crouching fixes it, you just need to be inside the busted textures. Once i started the water draining it fixed itself for me anyway and it just looks like it should now.
When I first went there it was wonky, then I returned at some stage and the textures were fine so I did the mission where I drained it, ever since then the textures, no matter what I try (apparently if you save it while there then reload it, it's suppose to fix the problem but it doesn't for me) they are back to being wonky again and considering I have enemies there (I won't say who), half the time they are "in" the textures and I can't see them or I miss a step and go over the edge. It's just bloody annoying.

I'll try reloading while crouching and see if that fixes it.
0 x

Dinofreak

Post by Dinofreak » 24 Nov 2015, 09:39

I found a new sniper rifle last night. I think it may be a little over powered.

Note: It bugs me quite a bit that the hunting rifle is left handed.
1 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Werewolph

Post by Werewolph » 24 Nov 2015, 10:53

Holy crap, that's an awesome gun! If you get the sneak perk (2.5x, 3x, 4x) damage, you will end up doing some MASSIVE amounts for first shots
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 24 Nov 2015, 12:00

The weapon design in this game is a big step up from FO3 and FNV.
0 x

Dinofreak

Post by Dinofreak » 24 Nov 2015, 12:05

Werewolph wrote:Holy crap, that's an awesome gun! If you get the sneak perk (2.5x, 3x, 4x) damage, you will end up doing some MASSIVE amounts for first shots
Yeah I don't have any points in ninja and I only have 3 points in Rifleman at the moment (+60%) so there is a bit more room for damage improvement. The thing instakills just about everything at the moment anyway.
jambo wrote:The weapon design in this game is a big step up from FO3 and FNV.
Everyone is talking about the settlement building but I've just been playing with the weapons.
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 24 Nov 2015, 12:43

Started a new survival only playthrough as the female. Introducing Lily:
Going for a gunslinger build, my main priority is do track down the Railroad and do their faction missions until I unlock ballistic weave, then I can upgrade some of the better looking outfits to 110+ DR.

Also found this badboy on a legendary raider while exploring Boston, decided to rename it to something a little more fitting.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 24 Nov 2015, 12:51

If you're trying Survival, watch out in Concord after you put the power armour on unless you've been levelling up a bunch before then. I'm not sure it's even doable if you're progressing normally. Fun though! :D
0 x

Thermal Ions

Post by Thermal Ions » 24 Nov 2015, 23:37

Kendrite wrote:Finally got Fallout 4 but disappointed can't rebind keys to the numpad.

I've downloaded Autohotkey and remapped where applicable but a bit disappointing the numpad was "reserved" by default.
The PA front page informs me that there's a beta version out which rectifies that frustration.
https://www.playerattack.com/news/2015/ ... a-testing/

As for mods, I'm currently trying out the following, using Nexus Mod Manager:
  • Full Dialogue Interface (NewDialog English translation)
  • No Blur effect and less scanlines on Pipboy and Terminal Hud (doesn't install using NMM - is just manual ini changes)
  • Value per Weight indicator for container UI
  • Easy Hacking
  • Easy Lockpicking
  • Australian Pre War Cash V1.3 (updated) - Australian Cash 50 dollar stacks V1.3
  • Craftable Ammo
Only just installed the last two, so haven't tried them in game yet - about to have a run.
0 x
Another GON Refugee

Matty

Post by Matty » 25 Nov 2015, 01:21

Mythor wrote:If you're trying Survival, watch out in Concord after you put the power armour on unless you've been levelling up a bunch before then. I'm not sure it's even doable if you're progressing normally. Fun though! :D
You can do it you just have to hide in the open building.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 25 Nov 2015, 02:06

Finally got Sanctuary sealed up tight and populated with settlers. Also had to dress guards, farmers and traders in distinctive clothes to tell them apart. Time to start exploring more and doing some quests.

Without spoiling too much, did people join multiple factions? I've hooked up with the Minutemen but also like the BoS. Does joining one preclude you from joining the other?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Matty

Post by Matty » 25 Nov 2015, 02:12

I dressed a male settler in a dress. I named him Klinger!

I think you can just play all factions until a main quest point where it tells you that an action will end up declaring war on a faction. I'm not up to that bit though but it's what I've read.
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 25 Nov 2015, 02:27

I armed 1 of my settlement guard with fat man, it was a big mistake.
I'm currently turning my minutemen into army ranger. Got them military outfit, armed with BAR and thompson. It's WW2 all over again
1 x

Thorny

Post by Thorny » 25 Nov 2015, 09:32

Fatman with the MIRV mod, it's like the bombs dropping all over again!
Current weapon of choice.
1 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 25 Nov 2015, 10:49

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Without spoiling too much, did people join multiple factions? I've hooked up with the Minutemen but also like the BoS. Does joining one preclude you from joining the other?
You can join them all and do their quests, but at a point during the main story you have to decide between them, you'll get a warning before it happens though, so you don't accidentally lock yourself into a faction.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 25 Nov 2015, 11:12

Ah kinda like New Vegas then. Well I imagine nobody likes the Institute though yet to see how the politics between Minutemen and BoS work. Also know nothing about The Railroad.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Nov 2015, 11:58

Look at all you people showing off your shiny guns, I'm raging at the lack of variety at 9 hours in and still resorting to using a pipe gun most of the time because I never have enough ammo for anything else, or I burn through it crazy fast. Nothing seems to do much damage either and my main solution to most things is to sprint past it all, since I inevitably wander through giant mutants or big ass bear things or fall into a swarm of flying insects and get killed otherwise.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol: