Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
kharis

Re: Diablo III

Post by kharis » 07 Jan 2017, 22:30

got it done on normal, missed the skeleton king though, also got writs leg taught to the blacksmith so just need 1mil gold to get the other pet

very laggy though, so i'm gonna call it a night and try to get a pl tomorrow
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Jan 2017, 23:37

Yeah, I missed the SK too at first... had to run back 3 levels to fight him. Also missed the dark passage as it didn't spawn. Level layout of Diablo 1 sure wasn't very intuitive.

How do you like the little Butcher pet?

I've finished Chapter 4 of the journey now so have my set and can powerlevel at T4 at the very least.

EDIT: Definitely T6 viable. The new grenade belt is pretty good at T6 still. I think I better do my lvl1 play through the anniversary dungeon on my alt account asap so I can power level that too!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jan 2017, 12:42

I found a spare hour earlier and ran the anniversary dungeon on my alt account. dropped 3x legendaries: Heart of Iron, Pox Fauds and a Wildwood sword.

Funnily enough, the boost to thorns damage on the Heart of Iron and legendary effect of the Pox Fauds were killing all the enemies as they rushed and attack me. Hell, big red's attacks on me damaged him more than my attacks did! Walking through Halls of the Blind was interesting... didn't need to attack once. There were just exploding corpses around me from the the thorns damage.

I should be on periodically throughout the day to give powerlevels as I do rifts to farm keys.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jan 2017, 12:46

Here's an interesting post about the red soul stone gem from someone who's working the problem:
You can make the gem usable if you make yourself resistant or immune to stun effects (with Krelm's Buff Bracers for example). I've tested it and it works.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topi ... 92#post-11
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 08 Jan 2017, 14:09

Think that was my slowest to 70 in a Season everrrr. But I finally got there with my Crusader. :D

Is anyone else finding that they're getting a lot more gear with the "wrong" main stat on them? Finding a lot of Intelligence and Dexterity gear on my Crusader and was finding Strength and Dex with my Wizard. Bit weird.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

kharis

Post by kharis » 08 Jan 2017, 14:19

I forgot all about thorns. Was thinking the spinning hammer thing was really good for a while there....
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Jan 2017, 00:15

I had a rummage through my bro's D3 gear and he's got a mean Manajuma set for his WD in non-season.

kharis, if you've still got your manajuma set from last season, fastest way to get all the elites is to run through the anniversary dungeon on low difficulty as an angry chicken with a modified Helltooth Garg build (drop either Soul harvest or Spirit Walk for Hex... the pets will do all the killing). Takes 5-8min per run. Ideally, do 4-5 on your own when you get a spare 10min every now and then to slim down the list of elites. With the last half dozen or so, we can run separate games at higher difficulties and keep an eye out for the elites either one of us are missing (twice the chance of find the right elites).

This is what one of the guys in the clan and I did. After we slimmed down to the one final elite we were both missing, it took a total of a dozen tries to find that last elite... which was on floor 14 of the dungeon too.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 09 Jan 2017, 00:54

I got lucky and my last elite was on the 5th floor. Still took 3 runs to roll the one I needed.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Jan 2017, 07:59

Yeah RNG can be good and then it could be bad.

The last elite I was hunting, Stareye, spawned in the lvl1 play through I did on my bro's account. No doubt some other elite won't spawn for me now.

On the other hand, I have all the UE complimentary legs already. Just need UE! lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 09 Jan 2017, 13:59

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ridg ... o/71809003
RIP maybe rift 42 was a bad idea :lol:

Guess I'll have to go play my seasonal Crusader then.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Jan 2017, 10:01

Ouch Karmic...

Think I have 8 of the Elite's left now, did another run through last night and cleared 4 more...
Slowly getting there and levelling up my seasonal character as well.

Is the old Diablo area staying around for a while? Or is it a limited time thing?
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 Jan 2017, 10:28

Mini wrote:Is the old Diablo area staying around for a while? Or is it a limited time thing?
Just for January, then yearly every Jan I think
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Jan 2017, 10:35

Ok, will focus on it to get it done then.
I'm also assuming that the dead bodies laying around have something to do? I haven't noticed many good legendaries drop, but I haven't got rid of any that have dropped either.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 10 Jan 2017, 12:55

Makena wrote:
Mini wrote:Is the old Diablo area staying around for a while? Or is it a limited time thing?
Just for January, then yearly every Jan I think
Think they might be planning a new thing each January, but hopefully the old ones will also come back.
Mini wrote:I'm also assuming that the dead bodies laying around have something to do?
Yes, you need the Rotten Mushroom to start the chain of things they're involved in. Full guide is here, if you don't want to work it out for yourself: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anni ... lete-guide
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Jan 2017, 13:17

Right, thinking I might get stuck into it tonight, rather than playing Rocket League...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 10 Jan 2017, 13:57

The first few floors + Leoric's tomb are great for stringing together 100+ killstreaks if you are after some relatively easy experience boosts. Just be aware that one of the enemies can nullify all of your healing.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jan 2017, 15:27

Mini wrote:Right, thinking I might get stuck into it tonight, rather than playing Rocket League...
Kharis and I need to do this still as well.

Might be best to get a few chicken docs together to carry those without speedy builds.

Should be on tonight.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Jan 2017, 20:03

Another run through done... 2 more down, just 6 to go

Level 3: Brokenhead
Level 6: Bloodgutter
Level 9: Brokensword
Level 10: Goldblight
Level 14: Graywar
Level 14: Steelskull
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jan 2017, 22:52

Did a few runs with kharis tonight. I miss clicked on the entrance to lvl12 and went back to lvl11... just before kharis killed Lionskull which ended up being the last elite I needed. Me and my gumby mouse skills. Took us another 5 or so runs to get Lionskull again.

kharis is down to her last two... Bloodgutter on lvl6 and Nightwing on lvl7... at least they're not too far from the start of the dungeon. And kharis is outrunning my chicken doc with her teleporting wizard now too.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 11 Jan 2017, 09:49

Think I hit level 60 last night too... 90% of the leveling has been done through that dungeon...
Got sidetracked last night playing Factorio and Rocket League... Woops...

I do want to get to level 70 tonight though, might try to do a quick run through the last couple of things for chapter 1 of the season journey.
Just need to go kill Belial and Urzael and upgrade the mystic to level 10

Slightly annoyingly I thought I would grab a new offhand for my Witch Doctor from Kadala... at level 59 I managed to get a legendary... so Yay it gets rid of a couple of season objectives... but damn it isn't going ot be useful for very long.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kharis

Post by kharis » 11 Jan 2017, 23:13

well that was a productive evening, got my 6 piece, mastered the set dungeon, ran a gr35 and crossed bloodgutter off the anniversary list (only need nightwing on lvl 7 now)

i do like the extra gem level if you don't die in a rift too, very handy
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jan 2017, 23:45

Took it easy tonight in terms of D3 as I had some of mum and dad's paperwork to take care of (the fuckwits at Centrelink's head office are bloody incompetent cunts!... it's literally more stressful dealing with them than mum's chemo process... and those are mum and dad's words too!).

Anyway, I let old dependable Abathur earn me some gold in HOTS this evening. I just set him up and he does the rest. You couldn't get help like that from Centrelink even if your life depended on it (which is quite literal in mum's case).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 12 Jan 2017, 07:42

I had a quick run through the dungeon again, got rid of another 3 bosses, think there are 3 to go... 1 happens to be on level 14 :x
Also hit level 65, so almost to 70... then to see if I can grind out the season set or not.
The Jade Harvester isn't exactly my playstyle, so might have been a bad season to use the WD again... ah well...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Jan 2017, 07:59

I'd give Jade a try first. I used it for the first time last season and it can be quite satisfying running into a pack and nuking them. Before that I disregarded the set as I didn't think it was my thing either.

If anything, it's strong enough to farm you up one of the other sets quickly.

Run it with belt of transcendence and it becomes a decent semi pet build.

Might be offline from the game for the first half of tonight as I may need to sort out the fiasco with Centrelink still. Their processes under the Libs is way too stressful for those who really need the support.
Last edited by Mugsy on 12 Jan 2017, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 12 Jan 2017, 08:39

Mini wrote:I had a quick run through the dungeon again, got rid of another 3 bosses, think there are 3 to go... 1 happens to be on level 14 :x.
I've got one on level 12, and one on level 14 :lol:

I'll work on getting some sort of speed set before going for those (Or I could just use a non seasonal character with gear/speed stuff I guess, but psssht)
0 x