Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
kharis

Re: Diablo III

Post by kharis » 12 Oct 2018, 11:46

could be interesting, can't wait to see the pricing :/
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 12 Oct 2018, 13:28

Just going to save a copy here to see if this Rengarious gets anything right... :D
Lets get to the meaty stuff.

° The next Diablo game is going to be fully Open World. All physically fluid in and out like World of Warcraft/Fallout/Assassin's Creed Oddysey etc..

° It's a sequel, Internally there are 2 names that they've been bouncing back and forth. Diablo 4 or Diablo: World of Sanctuary. Chance are most likely they'll stick with Diablo 4 for consistency.

° It is NOT single player only like the 4chan leak was suggesting and it has multiplayer and multiple classes. Class systems and multiplayer core parts of what makes a Diablo game.

° It will be played in a isometric view and most importantly it's an isometric MMO. So basically, think of the games like Lineage Eternal or Lost Ark but done by Blizzard and is in the Diablo universe.

° You can go anywhere and do anything whether that'd be quests, dungeons, slaying random mobs or even PvP among many other cool activities.

° There is a mainline quest line with a main plot that can be played solo with friends and other random people. However, there are no seperate acts. The world is giant and free. Most of your time though you'll be spending time on side activities.

° There is PvP, but I don't know exact details how it works.

° You can see and meet other people in towns and regions.

° I am not sure what the server capacity is or how many people a town or a zone/region can hold.

° It's running on a brand new engine that looks very modern and clean. (I think this is obvious anyways)

° The game is a lot darker than Diablo 3 but still stylized. Not ultra realistic, but dark enough. Think of Dark Souls artstyle but a tad less realistic. But yet close enough. It's hard to describe without seeing.

° I have no details in regards to some of the more core important stuff such as loot system (arguably the most important), how stats work, how many levels there are and what the endgame is like.

° However, I can assure you this will be treated as a live service game similar to Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft and Overwatch where you get in game events, special cosmetic items and etc. There will be always things to do and in a good Blizzard fashion they will be adding new systems over time and polishing the game throughout its life.

° Classic classes returning such as Barbarian, Sorceress, Amazon, Necromancer, Paladin.

° I have no information in regards to Diablo 1 or 2 Remaster.

° The game was being developed ahead of time with next gen consoles in mind. The game will be coming to PS5 and project Scarlett (Next Xbox) at some point in time.

This a next generation Diablo game but as we all know blizzard is great with optimization so don't be fearful about your pc setup as of now.

° The game is a while off.
I really doubt this is legitimate, mostly because it's talking about it being a Diablo MMO. I just don't see them gutting WoW for something most people don't really want. Diablo's an ARPG at heart and always has been. The pushback would be far more intense than it was when D3 did away with skill trees.

As I was just saying somewhere else on the internet (Everquest!), the hot thing for multiplayer right now is open world games like Destiny, The Division, GTA:O, Anthem etc. Not one of them is fantasy based though. If Blizzard wanted to enter that space, they could certainly do it with Diablo.

[edit] For not-rumour-stuff:
That jacket looks nice!
And Diablo: Reign of Terror could well be the name of a new game...
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mini

Post by Mini » 12 Oct 2018, 17:39

That jacket is very nice... I wanted the Overwatch Lego... so maybe a jacket as well...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Oct 2018, 18:03

The other rumour from a while back was that they want to develop an open world third person Diablo game like Dark Souls or The Witcher. They could certainly do a spin off third person game and still have a D4 in traditional isometric view.

I love my beanies and the color scheme for that diablo one is quite nice. There was also some nice shirts too.

I'm a bit bummed that the Diablo comics look to have been canned. Looking forward to getting the book of adria though.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Oct 2018, 19:18

And Guardian done on two accounts now!

Currently playing a Necro through the campaign to get my Trag'oul wings. Should be interesting in HC.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Oct 2018, 08:28

LOL, even IGN is getting in on the stupid rumours!

It's just a poster people!

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/game/diabl ... st_dir=asc

Blizz has had to come out and deny this...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizz ... 0-6462515/
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 14 Oct 2018, 12:34

Still suspicious, it's a bit weird some things being labelled with Reign of Terror when the rest aren't. >_>
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Oct 2018, 08:03

Well, it's good to see this wasn't cancelled too...
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Oct 2018, 07:49

And this is apparently a big enough deal that they're releasing a special version of the Switch with a 6yo game...

0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Oct 2018, 20:36

Well...
ImageBlizzCon 2018 is almost here and we’ve seen a lot of rumors flying around about our plans for Diablo at the show. These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right.

We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that “good things come to those who wait,” but evil things often take longer. We appreciate your patience as our teams work tirelessly to create nightmarish experiences worthy of the Lord of Terror.

While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show.

November 2 will be an especially diabolical date—not only is it the first day of BlizzCon, it’s also when Diablo III arrives on the Nintendo Switch. If you’re planning to pick up the game (the digital download will be available starting at midnight on launch day) and are joining us in Anaheim, be sure to bring your console. We’d love to slay some demons with you on the show floor.

Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support. We are eternally grateful to you and the millions of other Diablo fans around the world whose passion for this franchise inspires us and keeps our fires burning.

We’ll see you in hell . . . and at BlizzCon!
I don't think it's D4.

Source: https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433 ... 10-17-2018
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 19 Oct 2018, 00:27

It's so TRUE!

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 19 Oct 2018, 12:58

If the Diablo-related news at BlizzCon is the rumoured Netflix series, I hope it looks really good and isn't a million months away. Sad it sounds like we'll only get one announcement though. :(
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Oct 2018, 08:16

Worth a watch...

A lot of speculation of course.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 21 Oct 2018, 20:27

Mythor wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 12:58
If the Diablo-related news at BlizzCon is the rumoured Netflix series, I hope it looks really good and isn't a million months away. Sad it sounds like we'll only get one announcement though. :(
Thinking things through, if the Netflix series is the only announcement for Diablo then I think it's going to be a pretty shitty Blizzcon overall since Diablo is getting two prime main stage slots including the one that follows the opening ceremony. That's usually where you can expect the biggest news so if their biggest news is a Netflix series, I'd hate to see what Starcraft, Overwatch, WoW and Hearthstone are getting.

We can pretty much confirm no Diablo 4. So at least one of the announcements will have to be Diablo 3 related or it's a Diablo 2 remaster... or both.

My money is on a similar treatment for Diablo that the Starcraft franchise got last year which was:

- make the base package for the current game F2P
- give the first expansion upgrade for free to existing owners of the base game
- increase the amount of micro transactions available in the current game's in game store (Druid? Stash tab pack? Character slots? New acts coming in the future like the Nova missions for SC2?)
- release the previous title for free
- announce a remaster of the previous title

They can add in the Netflix series and also the Book of Adria as icing on the cake.

Anyway, two more weeks to go and we'll know for sure.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 25 Oct 2018, 06:55

Hmmm, really?....

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 25 Oct 2018, 12:04

Awww, mini Azmodan!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Oct 2018, 14:17

More people playing Nostradamus...

https://m.imgur.com/r/classicwow/1d2jYmh
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 Oct 2018, 14:37

Is Blizzcon next weekend now?
Not long to wait to see who is right and who was making random shit up.

I wouldn't mind another class for D3, although some new areas would be even better...
The Overwatch character listed sounds very interesting though, and the PvE gamemode...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Oct 2018, 14:54

That'd be 3 announcements for Diablo though, Blizzard seemed to be downplaying it a bit.
A D2 "remaster" that just has a massive stash would be fine by me. :D

Blizzcon starts Friday, so Saturday Australia time. 5am in Sydney. -_-
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Oct 2018, 16:28

Yeah, wake up early and watch the live stream of the opening ceremony.

Then keep an eye on DiabloFans for news on the Diablo panel.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Nov 2018, 06:40

Diablo mobile game... yeah, that's the next Diablo game.

It's called Diablo Immortal. It's still gonna be an ARPG and set in the period between D2 and D3.

As someone who doesn't use an Android or iOS mobile, it means nothing to me.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Nov 2018, 07:00

Trailers...

The dislikes on the actual Youtube pages is more than likes atm... way more.

EDIT: On the bright side, Diablo 3 is no longer the black sheep of the series!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Nov 2018, 08:28

This just keeps getting better and better...

And a roast...

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyImpossibleCoyoteYouWHY

And an MVP been brought to tears...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769568460

I'm just waiting for the videos from Rhykker, Wolfcryer (literally crying I bet), Bluddshed and Leviathan to rip into the devs too.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 03 Nov 2018, 09:54

My immediate reaction was to wonder why they couldn't bring some of those new abilities to Diablo 3. A handful of new abilities to pick from could refresh the game a bit.

Crossing over to a proper mobile version (Switch is mobile too, but more traditional) is fine by me, don't have to play it if it's a bit pants. But maaaan, announcing it at BlizzCon was a mistake. The people attending and watching the stream are the hardcore fans, not the casual gaming audience who'll find this appealing. Maybe the plan was to grab a bunch of attention via disaffected gamers complaining, but that's a weird strategy.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Nov 2018, 10:47

Yeah, that seems to be thoughts of the community too. The concept of exploring the 20yr lore gap between Diablo 2 and 3 is sound... the devoted fans just want it on PC, best delivered on the main game in the series atm.

I can see why various devs have been leaving the franchise over the past year... they didn't want to be peddling this crap as the main product Diablo has to offer.

Blizzard could have done so much more... discussed the Neflix series, future seasonal themes even, but they lump this on us as the main thing to get excited about when other franchises like Warcraft get things that they want (classic server and Warcraft 3 remaster). Every other current game in Blizzard's franchise got new content except Diablo 3... you could not show less support for a franchise especially after the community manager's video hyping things up.

But hey... we can all play Destiny 2 now!
0 x