Black Desert

Post here while you're in the queue - these games definitely do not have a single-player mode.
Dexterians

Black Desert

Post by Dexterians » 05 Apr 2016, 08:21

I hear this game is pretty amazing;

http://black-desert.com/

Anyone else play it that can give some more insight?
0 x

kharis

Re: Black Desert

Post by kharis » 05 Apr 2016, 08:45

The guild I'm in has a few people playing it. Bit of a grind fest from what i can tell but the people playing seem to like it for now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 05 Apr 2016, 12:30

Here's the Player Attack review from the TV show.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 06 Apr 2016, 06:38

Thanks Mythor! That was good.
0 x

boars

Post by boars » 09 Apr 2016, 00:36

I kind of want to try this... and I really kinda don't want to find a new MMO that I like. haha

They're the death of free time :S
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 09 Apr 2016, 08:37

boars wrote:I kind of want to try this... and I really kinda don't want to find a new MMO that I like. haha

They're the death of free time :S
I know what you mean...

Division is already taking up a lot of my time... to throw Black Desert in to the mix means bad things. If Black Desert is as good as they're saying... I'll never leave the house!
0 x

bender

Post by bender » 09 Apr 2016, 13:32

I have been hearing some good things about this game. The levelling process is great/fun as its novel/interesting/unique, however the end game is just pure endless, mindless grind. You have to grind and keep playing just to keep up. Lots of people are describing it more like a job than a game after a while.

I have a feeling this mmo wont last very long.
0 x
Asus P8P67|2600K @4.5GHz-EK WC|16GB DDR3|Crucial MX100 512GB|HD6970 2GB-Aquacomputer WC|MCP35X|Obsidian 800D|X-fi Titanium|AD900

boars

Post by boars » 09 Apr 2016, 14:11

Bought it because reasons...

Kinggrim and I are on Edan server... except it's having huge issues at the moment so we're off playing random characters on Orwen instead :/
Early launch stability of servers...
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 10 Apr 2016, 13:09

I'm thinking of buying it too - it's a B2P, meaning no monthly sub, and looks of better make and quality of Guild Wars... so yeah, why not give it a try?

bender wrote:I have been hearing some good things about this game. The levelling process is great/fun as its novel/interesting/unique, however the end game is just pure endless, mindless grind. You have to grind and keep playing just to keep up. Lots of people are describing it more like a job than a game after a while.
Name a game that isn't a grind at end game?
bender wrote:I have a feeling this mmo wont last very long.
That's why I'll probably give it a month or two before investing... see how everyone feels haha.
0 x

boars

Post by boars » 11 Apr 2016, 15:43

I guess the problem may lay in that it requires too much grind to keep up. That is going to be a different amount per person though. Some people love some mindless grinding. The older I get the less I tolerate pointless quests and dailies. People still play cs to this day... And it never needed stupid grinding... Although they now have skins etc but i still say it's a fun game because at its core... It's just enjoyable.

I could play years of wow BG's ... Bit the constant having to acquire gear and keeping up with people to stay competitive was and is annoying so I hear that sentiment very loudly.

This game is fun to play, confusing as hell with very little direction though. Crafting is just such a big thing. Trading is enjoyable enough when you work it out.

Still early days though
0 x

BishopOz

Post by BishopOz » 09 Jun 2016, 11:56

Bit late to this thread but thought I'd chime in when I saw it. I've been playing this game heavily since before launch ( pre-order early access ) and it's a great game, don't get me wrong. But if you want to get into the pvp side of things you'll need an insane amount of time, not to mention patience to grind the same boring mobs for hours and hours to get the best in slot accessories to be remotely competitive. The rng is the worst I have seen in any game, once you finally get said accessories they have to be upgraded, which require two of the same piece to do, with only a %35-50 chance to actually work, if you fail, you lose both pieces along with the hours of grinding it took to get them.

It's a very deep game, there's life skills to master like fishing, gathering, alchemy, farming, trading, even horse training. It is a beautiful game with a vibrant world, there is no fast travel at all though. So you either need tohand over millions in silver for a nice mount or train horses yourself until you breed a good, fast mount which can take weeks.

There are no dungeons/instances/raids, it's all open world content. There are field bosses (think gw2 world bosses) that spawn every day or two which are just insanely hard and unless you have a ranged class like ranger/wizard you'll have a really bad time and die constantly, losing a chunk of xp ( which at higher levels is absolutely brutal ) and potentially losing the upgrade crystals slotted in your armour. While these have the best loot, they are just a chore to do.

At end game though, it's really all about pvp, there are castle sieges and node wars coming very soon in the next update which should add some more fun to it but at the moment it's pretty bare end game.

Another quite large problem is mostly everything is client side, health, mana etc. so a lot of people are exploiting with no cool downs on potions, making pvp really unbalanced. It's also not really about skill, more who has the better gear, you can even have all your armour and weapons upgraded to max and get stomped by people who just have better accessories, it's hardly ever a level playing field.

I've loved this game since release but after spending a lot of time in it and getting pretty far the problems have reared their ugly head. The fighting system is amazing though and super fun, when you fight people with around the same gear, it is a lot of fun. All the classes feel pretty good and unique.

Bottom line, it's a really fun, fresh game but if you want to take it seriously and pvp end game be prepared to sacrifice your life and go through an insane amount of frustration with the rng systems, which are layered on top of everything in the game.
0 x

boars

Post by boars » 09 Jun 2016, 14:02

The rng sure is horrible in it ... Which is a huge shame, the combat system itself is very satisfying but all your other statements are sadly true.

I spent a few weeks breeding horses... Somebody shoot me.
0 x

BishopOz

Post by BishopOz » 09 Jun 2016, 20:18

I'm still enjoying it and playing almost every day, but I'm pretty well geared and level 55. Friends who are lower are having a rough time though when they hit 45 and pvp is enabled as a lot of the grinding spots for better accessories are fought over by people. A lot of the top guilds on uno are pretty jerky to and will just kill anybody for no reason.

Know what you mean about the horses though. Finally got a tier 6 yaay, but it's taking me forever to level up.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 18 Aug 2016, 01:32

sorry to necro a thread but are you still playing it, i recently saw a smattering of youtube negative videos that its gone to p2w, the combat looks all kinds of cool, pitty im a pve not pvp guy.
0 x

BishopOz

Post by BishopOz » 18 Aug 2016, 01:47

Yep, still playing :) . It hasn't gone p2w, they've made pearl shop items bought with real cash sellable on the in-game market for silver but for $30 you get 19million which is nothing, to have enough for full set of gear would have to pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Then still have to upgrade it with the rng system anyway. It's just not viable. Pve wise there's not a great deal end game but enough to keep me interested, pvp is all kinds of fun if people are reasonably equal gear wise.

Can be frustrating as hell with everything behind rng but I keep coming back to it, it's a great game.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 18 Aug 2016, 15:47

cool thanks might have a bit more of a look into it after month subscription on the new wow runs out
0 x