Blade and Soul

Post here while you're in the queue - these games definitely do not have a single-player mode.
BishopOz

Blade and Soul

Post by BishopOz » 22 Jan 2016, 16:00

Just started playing this today. Seems pretty fun so far. Liking the combat, feels kind of like Tera's combat, 2 classes I've tried have been pretty fun, although the ping to us servers will be an issue on the more melee focused classes. It's definantly popular at the moment, was a four hour+ queue to get into any server yesterday, more servers have been released though and I just started on a new 1, havn't had any queues since.

Doesn't seem p2w really either but I could be wrong, though from what I've read people buying premium see no difference to when they were playing f2p. Apart from the queues on higher pop servers which premium members avoid.
0 x

Dexterians

Re: Blade and Soul

Post by Dexterians » 23 Jan 2016, 11:01

From videos etc it just looks like TERA...

Is this game really worth playing?
I hear the dungeon finder is one of the worst ever.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, it's a legit question. Am I playing the same game or is there some defining differences that makes Blade and Soul better? Or is it a straight out clone?
0 x

BishopOz

Post by BishopOz » 24 Jan 2016, 01:21

Pretty much a Tera clone as you said, I just prefer the Asian/kung fu setting I guess, and I'm sick of Tera and every other mmo. But yes, tera, the kung fu version hehe.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 24 Jan 2016, 08:44

BishopOz wrote:Pretty much a Tera clone as you said, I just prefer the Asian/kung fu setting I guess, and I'm sick of Tera and every other mmo. But yes, tera, the kung fu version hehe.
Yeah I actually noticed that the more I watched some videos - there's some crazy dragon ball thing going on where you can jump super far and high? Haha.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 30 Jan 2016, 20:03

Swordsman is another similar MMO with a pretty cool traverse system.

EDIT: After some further reading and seeing other vids, apparently the traverse system isn't as cool as I thought. The trailer was a lie haha.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 24 Feb 2016, 18:05

BishopOz wrote:Just started playing this today. Seems pretty fun so far. Liking the combat, feels kind of like Tera's combat, 2 classes I've tried have been pretty fun, although the ping to us servers will be an issue on the more melee focused classes. It's definantly popular at the moment, was a four hour+ queue to get into any server yesterday, more servers have been released though and I just started on a new 1, havn't had any queues since.

Doesn't seem p2w really either but I could be wrong, though from what I've read people buying premium see no difference to when they were playing f2p. Apart from the queues on higher pop servers which premium members avoid.
I keep seeing this game pop up and watch videos etc - it looks like fun.

Does it have gamepad support? Or do I need to download third party apps to get gamepad support?
I've become a bit of a couch gamer these days - so wouldnt mind a good MMO with gamepad support.
0 x