"Partitioning" advice (linux)

Alkarl

"Partitioning" advice (linux)

Post by Alkarl » 14 Jun 2016, 10:24

Hey all,
Need some advice. My Win7 installation is starting to become... unstable... and since I can't be bothered/don't want to upgrade to Win8/10, I'm going to switch over to a linux distro (possibly Mint since the next version is coming out within a month) since nothing I'm using requires Windows anymore.

Anyway, I have a couple of HDDs, most of them are storage/backup however I have 2 identical SSDs which I currently use as a system drive and a "steam" drive (pretty much a drive containing steam, games, things that can survive between OS reinstalls, etc). I was wondering if I should put them in some sort of RAID configuration, create separate drives for / and /home or something else entirely (or of course, just use the one drive and find another use for the extra). Asking here first as I trust you all :P

0 x

Alkarl

Re: "Partitioning" advice (linux)

Post by Alkarl » 14 Jun 2016, 21:08

*sets up a nice table, comfy chairs, delicious snacks and watches the tumbleweeds roll past*

Guess I'll start asking elsewhere :P
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 14 Jun 2016, 21:41

Sorry i havent played with a raid setup for linux before. Ive always used it on a second machine to muck about on.

Hopefully you get it sorted out
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jun 2016, 15:01

Yeah, I got nothin... not a partitioning kinda guy.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.