Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Sathias

Re: Diablo III

Post by Sathias » 24 Mar 2017, 12:17

Pade wrote:Been testing some of the new set-piece buffs on the monk and crusader. The rolands set buff is noticeable but the lightning sweeper build still suffers from quality of life issue I think, I'll be steering clear of playing the crusader next season.

The buff to innas EP on the other hand is quite good as the build already had good quality of life prior the patch.
So far I've managed to clear GR80 with no augments, I think i'll try pushing this build in my S10 solo play.
Good to see you made your way to the PA forums Pade :) (Inigo from SWTOR, Amish from WoW here :) )
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 24 Mar 2017, 13:48

Kanai's Skorn is spawning now. Get it while it's available!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 25 Mar 2017, 00:29

You know, this actually looks like a fun build to use...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 25 Mar 2017, 11:24

Pretty decent builds breakdown for the current state of the game (for solo GR pushing at least)...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2017, 20:23

Another part of Rhykker's interview with David Brevik on why we shouldn't expect a Diablo 2 remaster or remake. Also increased my vocabulary by watching this...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Mar 2017, 21:02

"Making this thing is going to be a lot of work." Yeah, no shit. I'm sure the Starcraft remake will be a piece of piss. :roll:

Kinda pointless interview really. Brevik's not even been at Blizzard in more than a decade now. Even if he had special inside information he wouldn't be allowed to share it.

Necromancer in D3's the closest we're likely to get any time soon. Whenever that finally happens. :yawn:
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2017, 21:33

Well, it does provide insight as to why he thinks at a technical level a remaster won't likely work either which is pretty fitting considering a remaster of Starcraft was just announced.

A remake... yeah, the fan were dreaming from the start and it's pretty obvious why it wouldn't happen. But a HD remaster like what's been done with Street Fighter 2 and Starcraft doesn't sound like it'll work all too well with D2.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Pade

Post by Pade » 29 Mar 2017, 09:03

Sathias wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 12:17
Good to see you made your way to the PA forums Pade :) (Inigo from SWTOR, Amish from WoW here :) )
Inigo! hey mate :D

Been testing some other builds on the wizard and WD the last few days and I'm now officially undecided as to what to roll :lol:
So many options for 4 man meta!

On a side note, Ero, Dedzy and myself did a couple of casual grifts last night with a EP monk, Zmonk and my Hammerdin from season 9 and managed a 90 easily.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Mar 2017, 10:37

They recently invited a bunch of community streamers, etc to Blizzard to give some insights as to the direction these reps for the D3 community want the game to go. Here's Bluddshed's vid on the experience.

A bit of waffle but it does mention that they are looking into modifying effects so as to help combat server lag. Not sure if that's the thing I'd want them to focus on.

He did pitch the idea that primals should be able to be reforged and remain primal... just so they're not a waste when they roll bad.

Also last chance to get Kanai's Skorn for this year today!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 31 Mar 2017, 10:44

mah, cbf playing the rng game today, will probably jump in over the weekend and get my character made for seasons, get the pet then head back to bolivia
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Mar 2017, 11:04

Yeah, I'm just going as far as required to unlock the cosmetics for most part on both accounts and then will probably play more Wildlands than D3 (at least until the Necro comes out). The more I play D3, the more stash space I need to hold good loot I find which does deter me to play more - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 01 Apr 2017, 11:18

I'll be on to start levelling up a monk after work.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Apr 2017, 16:40

Dinged lvl70 after 4.5hrs into this season... think it's a little slower than the last time I did day 1 but I've gotten my 2pc set at least. Leveling with a Wizard was fun... got 3x starfires, 3x leorics but also a manald heal which definitely did some good damage as I got better weapons.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 01 Apr 2017, 16:49

I have managed to hit 24 so far.
Seems to have gone quicker than before, and Barbarian is pretty good fun to play. Especially now I have whirlwind.
Plan is to complete Chapter 1 of the season tonight, and hopefully hit lvl 70
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Apr 2017, 17:33

Yeah, I like Barbs. If you get the HOTA or Seismic Slam bracers, you've got an easier time to lvl70.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 01 Apr 2017, 18:21

Got to level 12 with my Demon Hunter... got bored. :D

Having crafting mats poof straight into the crafting inventory when salvaging is bloody marvelous. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Apr 2017, 22:39

As usual, I drop bugger all set rings on day 1 but that manald heal is pulling it's weight alright. Was able to hold my own on T8 and should be able to carry on T6 if anyone needs a powerlevel.

Was using a disintegrate build for most of today but the skill doesn't synergise with, well, any Wizard set so for meaningful damage so I've now got a surprisingly effective Spectral Blade DMO build going. I'm sporting two hydras as I find they do more damage (especially with Starfire in the cube).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 01 Apr 2017, 23:49

i ended up rolling a barb because i have a dmo wiz geared up from season 6 and plenty of dh's

got to 12 or something like that then had to go see my father in law and talk about funerals, good times. Should be on tomorrow night sometime for a bit, working till 5
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 01 Apr 2017, 23:53

Marauder Grenades has a bit of a learning curve, I think I'm getting it though

Hit greater rift 50, cleared 200 paragon, and for funsies because no one is really trying yet :lol: (I think I'm already back over rank 500 as more people play/push)

and now sleep, probably get on tomorrow morning or night (or both!), or Monday night, didn't think I'd get into it because I want to play more Mass Effect, yet here we are lol
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Apr 2017, 00:33

Yes, this game has a habit of being addictive as hell. I thought I'd be playing Wildlands more but spent pretty much all of today on D3.

I've almost got a grenades M6 build on my alt account going... been trying to get a grenades belt for it since last season but not much luck. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later.

And in case you guys haven't heard, Whimsydale got a loot buff... I got a rainbow gob today (unfortunately only T1) and got a butt load of mats and gems from whimsy. Only one legendary item (higher levels will drop legs like it's going out of fashion).

My DMO set was mostly good rolls... just the stupid helm rolled crap so I'm missing a little CHC atm:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mug ... o/86939021

Need to get myself better jewellery... even FnR will make a difference right now.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 03 Apr 2017, 09:32

New armory feature makes me so happy, actually enjoying playing different builds for different things without having to put in much effort (Gernally I'd get 2nd or 3rd characters powerleveled, but changing gems etc sucked), and makes it super easy to keep track of what stuff I'm still missing for other builds as I can just swap to an incomplete one I've saved and see what's missing.

Because it was so easy I threw together a UE set to smash TX rifts with, as the setup time for sentries is pretty awkward in public games with everyone running around like they're on crack

Badly need focus and restraint (well, just focus, I've had restraint 3 times now) for both UE and M6, so hopefully I get that soon.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2017, 11:06

Makena wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 09:32
New armory feature makes me so happy, actually enjoying playing different builds for different things without having to put in much effort
Yeah, I've been trying out the different sets to see whether DMO or Firebirds will get me higher. I found I hate the firebird's mechanics now (having to burn enemies to crank up the damage reduction is a pain) but switching between builds was just magnificent and made switching back to DMO easier.
Badly need focus and restraint (well, just focus, I've had restraint 3 times now) for both UE and M6, so hopefully I get that soon.
I have FnR but it's a pretty useless ring set for Wizards since you sacrifice either a lot of damage or damage mitigation from not having Halo of Arlyse or CoE/Manald Heal as well. FnR for Wizards would be a lot more competitive if there was a defensive ammy that was comparable to Halo of Arlyse. Wizards have too many rings to pick from.

I haven't dropped either of the EW items yet... not that it's needed in my end game build. Need an obsidian ring along with Vyrs shoulders and I can get my Tal/Vyrs build going. Had a clan member get lucky with drops and his Wizard was carrying us on GR60. Had a semi zdps monk keep us alive more and help with grouping whilst I was on Nems duty. Did a GR60 in under 4min at one point. I'm looking forward to getting my Archon Wiz going!4
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2017, 13:18

Just completed my extremely high seasonal goal of unlocking the pennant and 2x seasonal portraits for my Wizards. :dodgy:

Mastering the set dungeon will be a pain that I'm not sure I want to go through with so I might just leave it at this unless I find the drive in me to keep going. Problem is, I have no desire to do any of the conquests this season seeing how two of them require a second character, boss mode being something I've done to death, and Acts 1-5 in 1hr is very time consuming.

At this point, pushing GRs seems to be the more interesting thing to do as well as starting a HC Witch Doctor... there's a Zunimassa build I wanna get up and running.

Should probably prep for my upcoming job interview too.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 03 Apr 2017, 14:18

the dmo set dungeon isnt that hard, i managed it in season 6 so you should be fine :) just gotta freeze a lot of dudes and reflect stuff, it is a pain getting 30 mobs in range of a freeze time but as i said if i managed it.... :)
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 03 Apr 2017, 14:19

and ooh you got to the interview stage, go you!! i'll be around more after this week i think, funeral on friday so yeah
0 x