Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
jambo

Re: Diablo III

Post by jambo » 03 Apr 2017, 14:46

OK, new season, I actually need to try and play the full thing and complete my objectives this time =P
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Apr 2017, 15:05

Haha, I am struggling to play it with so many other games...
GR:Wildlands keeps dragging me back to kill another boss. And racing in PCars is so much fun.

Ah well, I'm sure I will slowly get my way to Ch4 to get the gear at least.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2017, 15:35

kharis wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 14:18
the dmo set dungeon isnt that hard, i managed it in season 6 so you should be fine :) just gotta freeze a lot of dudes and reflect stuff, it is a pain getting 30 mobs in range of a freeze time but as i said if i managed it.... :)
Yeah, I completed one of the objectives (the deflect stuff one) to at least get Slayer. I don't have the bracers that pulls enemies with energy twister so I'm having trouble dumping the bubble onto the mobs as they're not bunched up. They also changed it this patch... 20 mobs only but you gotta do it 4 times. I'm sure I'll get there... if I tick off on the rest of the current chapter's objectives and am left with just the mastery to do.

Oh and the job interview is for the position I'm currently in (I was only temp. HR have said they needed to readvertise for permanent filling) so whilst I haven't been told I have an interview, it would be really strange if I don't get one. It's quite a niche position so my chances of getting it is high but you never know.

Still looking for my Vyrs shoulders and that obsidian ring but my cube powers are all ready to go. Current items have also been rerolled too with the right stats.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2017, 21:33

Finally got my last two pieces for the Tals/Vyr lightning archon build! Now I just need either an ancient serpent sparker or starfire.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Makena

Post by Makena » 03 Apr 2017, 22:34

Mugsy wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 21:33
Finally got my last two pieces for the Tals/Vyr lightning archon build! Now I just need either an ancient serpent sparker or starfire.
Nice! I finally got focus tonight, so now for UE I simply need better versions of all the gear I have and to keep leveling gems. I think I have the whole impale set now so I might give that a go for funsies sometime.

I think the conquests are super average this season, not sure I can be bothered doing much of the journey because of that. (Also mastering a set dungeon again, fuck I hate those things eugh)

Mini/Kharis (or anyone else) if you get a chance to play but can't be bothered leveling, feel free to hit me up on Discord/Battle.net/in game and I'll smash it out for you
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Apr 2017, 22:38

I was doing okay with my Wizard after getting my 6 piece but have hit a wall around T8/GR35, might have to spend some time farming to get my gems to level 25 next I think. Definitely need Bane of the Trapped, it hasn't dropped for me yet.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Apr 2017, 23:12

Makena wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 22:34
I think the conquests are super average this season, not sure I can be bothered doing much of the journey because of that. (Also mastering a set dungeon again, fuck I hate those things eugh)
Yeah, these are the two things deterring me from looking at the Season Journey. Very poor line up of conquests indeed... two of which aren't an option unless you roll two classes at minimum. Bleh!

My challenge now is to learn how to play the Tal/Vyr Lightning Wizard build properly. I was never too good with the Tal Rasha rotations but I have the build going so I'm gonna give it my best shot.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mug ... o/86939021

Once I get my head around the build, I'm happy to help others level too. I've been carried with this build on speed GR60s so I know it's strong (that's one Tal/Vyr wizard carrying 3 of us too... on day 2 of the season mind you).
Sathias wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 22:38
I was doing okay with my Wizard after getting my 6 piece but have hit a wall around T8/GR35, might have to spend some time farming to get my gems to level 25 next I think. Definitely need Bane of the Trapped, it hasn't dropped for me yet.
Yeah, I struggled with pushing higher than T8 with DMO until I picked up FnR rings and even then, they're not optimal to use. I had manald heal in the cube and used lightning hydras. FnR buffs the MH damage but DMO doesn't which really kills any synergy. No wonder the set is no longer competitive.

A guy on the official wizard forums did GR70 with this spec (non-ancient weapon too):

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88520- ... gr-70-solo

I was running a spectral blade and explosive blast variant but the above is stronger. Arcane Orbit is very strong.

If you're like me and only have FnR rings and no endless walk set, you can cube Halo of Arlyse and then use what ever good amulet you have that keeps your crits nice and high.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Apr 2017, 23:19

Makena wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 22:34
Mini/Kharis (or anyone else) if you get a chance to play but can't be bothered leveling, feel free to hit me up on Discord/Battle.net/in game and I'll smash it out for you
I might take you up on this... have got to 33 and have 9/10 of the chapter 1 things done, just struggling with the leveling...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Apr 2017, 20:13

kharis wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 14:19
and ooh you got to the interview stage, go you!!
Mugsy wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 15:35
Oh and the job interview is for the position I'm currently in (I was only temp. HR have said they needed to readvertise for permanent filling) so whilst I haven't been told I have an interview, it would be really strange if I don't get one.
Now I've got confirmation that I've got an interview!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 04 Apr 2017, 21:16

Mugsy wrote:
04 Apr 2017, 20:13
kharis wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 14:19
and ooh you got to the interview stage, go you!!
Mugsy wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 15:35
Oh and the job interview is for the position I'm currently in (I was only temp. HR have said they needed to readvertise for permanent filling) so whilst I haven't been told I have an interview, it would be really strange if I don't get one.
Now I've got confirmation that I've got an interview!
yay!!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Apr 2017, 06:53

Had my interview yesterday and probably went as well as I could have done it. Now the question is whether someone comes in and sells themselves better (which has happened in the past for a position I was already in). I guess you can say "Will I get Trumped?".

Decided to get a hardcore witch doctor powerleveled last night a clan mate did double duty and got me kanai's cube and a RORG as well. This is on my alt account. So if anyone wants to get into HC... we'll have to see how long it takes me to be T6 viable... I might die before then - lol

Beta test for the Necro is also coming soon. We might just get it for the next season!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 06 Apr 2017, 08:40

Mugsy wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 06:53
Had my interview yesterday and probably went as well as I could have done it. Now the question is whether someone comes in and sells themselves better (which has happened in the past for a position I was already in). I guess you can say "Will I get Trumped?".
Hope it works out!

Mastered a set dungeon, M6 again, because it's the least frustrating one to do that I've found so far, fucking hate those things. Need to do conquest now, eugh!

Did a GR70 with UE, was an awful rift but I managed it in time (just), then threw together my shadow set, learning how to play it (I'm a potato and it took me a bit too long to work out that if you just keep impaling you can keep vaulting for free, as long as there's monsters to hit to keep your hatred full), it's ok I guess, smashed a 55 with zero issue, so I might try pushing up with it tonight, need to decide if I want to put my time into trying to get UE better, or just go shadow. (Till I get bored of D3 again for another season anyway)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 06 Apr 2017, 09:23

Thanks for the power level last night Makena, bloody frustrating attempting to level sometimes...
Also I hate the bubbling pools in rifts... especially when I am so far underlevelled that they insta killed me...

Chapter 1 and 2 done now, so now to attempt chapter 3 and see what I haven't done
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Makena

Post by Makena » 06 Apr 2017, 10:14

Mini wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 09:23
Thanks for the power level last night Makena, bloody frustrating attempting to level sometimes...
Also I hate the bubbling pools in rifts... especially when I am so far underlevelled that they insta killed me...

Chapter 1 and 2 done now, so now to attempt chapter 3 and see what I haven't done
Was no problem, and lol, those blood pools are so frustrating for power leveling
0 x

Pade

Post by Pade » 06 Apr 2017, 10:21

Had a good start to the season so far, sitting at around 610 paragon, My WD is kitted out for Fire Bat group content and I've done a 70 on my EP monk.
Will start solo pushing on the monk after I upgrade a few things and get a 2nd unity for my follower.

Is there a particular night everyone would like to get together and push some 4 man Grifts?
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 06 Apr 2017, 10:24

got chapter 4 done, need a couple more immortal king pieces and FnR. charging into everybody is good fun, need more cdr though and for my mates to not dissapear

also i seem to be getting all the gems i dont want from gr's only decent one is bane of the powerful so far

dont think i'll be pushing much this season (not that i ever do, i'm the one thats running around trying not to die, and failing miserably)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Apr 2017, 19:31

Makena wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 08:40
Hope it works out!
Cheers mate!
Mastered a set dungeon, M6 again, because it's the least frustrating one to do that I've found so far, fucking hate those things. Need to do conquest now, eugh!
I've noticed that DH's usually prefer either M6 or Nats set dungeon. It's good that there's more than one choice for an easy set dungeon.
Mini wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 09:23
Imagine getting powerleveled in Hardcore mode with the pools! When I was doing this last night, there were a few legendaries dropped around the pools map... we decided it wasn't worth the risk.
kharis wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 10:24
got chapter 4 done, need a couple more immortal king pieces and FnR. charging into everybody is good fun, need more cdr though and for my mates to not dissapear
Yeah, IK with Raekors is a pretty strong build and with IK, you can perma WotB and have perma Ancients. I ran this back in season 6 (I think we did some GR64s comfortably together). Ironic that you're running Barb whilst I'm Wiz when it was the other way around that season!

You'll want to roll off the life on hit for a socket on that IKBB and you'll want to gamble for bracers to get the Boulder Toss bracers asap if you don't have them yet. Along with Raekors 6pc, you will one shot so many enemies with BT.

You'll want to find enough pieces of IK to eventually have 6pcs though... the IK set dungeon is super easy.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Apr 2017, 23:19

Clan mate got an primal starfire with the perfect stats for Tal/Vyr...

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cex ... o/86959252

So yes, they do exist.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Apr 2017, 15:31

I'm having trouble finding a good Raekor's build, anyone recommend one?
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Apr 2017, 19:34

Mini wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 15:31
I'm having trouble finding a good Raekor's build, anyone recommend one?
There's no top end pure Raekors build. All builds combine with the IK set in some form or fashion depending on whether you want to focus on Furious Charge or Boulder Toss as being your main damage dealer. If FC, you want the IK 6pc bonus and Raekors 4pc. If BT, then R6 and IK4. Some cube powers and items will change too depending on the skill you're focusing on.

Here's a decent guide that caters for both variants:

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/barbarian-f ... -season-10

I suggest the BT one at first. It's strong than the FC version up until a certain point were more augments/paragons make FC better (well, that's what the leaderboards suggest anyway).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Apr 2017, 00:00

Got to chapter 4 on my HC WD! Having full 6pc Zuni makes a big difference.

HC is a bit of a thrill indeed and you definitely need to use your second life passive. Had mine proc when I was locked down by an elite pack in just T6. I'm still a bit squishy for T6. Need to get the Belt of Transcendence so I can drop the Fetish passive for more defense.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Apr 2017, 00:12

Continuing my run with the Tal/Vyrs archon build in SC and leveling up gems gradually. Only done a GR55 thus far so slowly getting into the harder difficulties as I level gems. Good to ease into this build anyway. I find the rotation quite intuitive since I have my normal skills mirror the buttons the "equivalent" Archon skills are mapped to. Wasn't expecting to enjoy the build so much but it's quickly becoming one of my favourite builds.

Also found some good items on my HC WD... got like 3x witching hour belts which is pretty useless for me since I need belt of transcendence and am avoiding WH for more toughness. I did get a well rolled ancient Lakumbas which I've stashed immediately. Don't need to use it yet. Got a well rolled MoJ earlier in the day and decided not to cube it. Good decision as I dropped another later with crap rolls.

Almost died when powerleveling a clan member this evening though. 2nd life procced on RG fight and had to run back a level to wait for it to reset. On another occasion, the clan mate got caught between two elites and died at lvl52. So had to restart the powerlevel. T6 is hit and miss in terms of difficulty. Once I get the belt of trans, I'll be dropping fetish sycophants and putting on a toughness passive.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Apr 2017, 10:39

Slayer done on my Barbarian... and I can't be bothered with Mastering a set dungeon... so I am just going to see how I go with GR progression for a bit. Happy with where I have got to though
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Apr 2017, 11:59

Mini wrote:
09 Apr 2017, 10:39
I can't be bothered with Mastering a set dungeon
If you complete the IK set, that is by far the easiest set dungeon to master in the game IMHO. Did it first time I tried it using Seismic Slam.

If you haven't unlocked any stash tabs via seasons, it's worthwhile aiming for it esp when using a Barb. Everything after the set dungeon mastery is quite easy.

I finally got a belt of transcendence on my HC WD. It's so much more effective at summoning fetish sycophants than the actual passive. Also means it frees up a passive for something else. Hopefully I'll get a short man's finger soon for super gargs.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Pade

Post by Pade » 10 Apr 2017, 08:20

Picked up my first Primal Ancient yesterday. Didn't realise I had one until the blacksmith gave me 15 Forgotten Souls for a justice lantern ring :lol:
0 x