Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Mugsy

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 27 May 2017, 10:58

Nitephyre wrote:
27 May 2017, 10:19
Mugsy wrote:
26 May 2017, 10:41
Practice building evac. 5000 ppl standing in the park now. This would be the one day per year I get exercise and fresh air during office hours.
Are you in The Big Willy now too? Sofaking great for productivity eh? :D Next week is my last week there though, finally got a new jerb on the Mould Coast, much closer to home. No more 5hrs of daily travel.
Yep, I'm in the Big Willy now that it's finally erected (I can just see all the non-Brisbane folk read this and wonder what the fuck these two are talking about).

My floor was one of the first out and since they got everyone to go back in reverse order, we were one of the last in. Yesterday was a write off. Though it's good to know that my legs are fitter than I thought they were - lol

Congrats on job closer to home! I can't imagine a 5hr commute every day. The 1hr I spend commuting is bad enough especially since I'm doing 10hr days lately.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 27 May 2017, 12:07

Is that "The Tower of Power"? I assume so. Not surprised people are calling it something other than that, seemed pretty wanky.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 May 2017, 13:10

Yeah, that be it.

Campbell Newman was definitely compensating for something.

I won't lie. It's a pretty swish building but suffers from being a bit too open plan sometimes and the kitchen still suffers from not being left in a cleaner state by most occupants like all the other office buildings I've worked in. The biggest issue is the location. It's too far from most amenities that make working in a CBD attractive. The nearest train station is also a bit of a walk (through many uncovered areas).

And getting a package delivered to the building goes through so many safety precautions. It's annoying when I order something and they use a courier and can't deliver to my PO Box and I don't want the item left on my doorstep at home. Probably explains why I haven't been ordering as many things online lately.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 May 2017, 07:50

Couldn't get to sleep for some time past midnight last night... only just realised it was because I had a double shot mocha yesterday arvo. I hadn't had coffee for like 2 months or more up until then.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 29 May 2017, 13:06

Yes, it's a nice building... just have to work with other non-caring slobs. It's not that fucking difficult to wipe the bench after yourself/not spill coffee etc. Building Management take the piss though, on lvl 5 it took 2 months for them to replace a toilet seat and they still haven't done anything about the dead freezer (only one) for over a month. Such lols!.

Haha, bad move on the coffee!
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 29 May 2017, 13:57

I went to the library today and borrowed a book, probably the first time in 10 years I've done that, they have self checkout now!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 29 May 2017, 15:14

I was surprised when that became a thing too. It must be a pretty robust system that they can trust it to let people just walk out the door with books without a person checking. Cool stuff.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 29 May 2017, 15:17

I wonder how often that happens. Our library has one of those things that beep if you leave without checking out the books, but it's a pretty flimsy system.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 29 May 2017, 15:57

I've just assumed it's all RFID and tracked by a database - so the gates read whatever goes out and lets it go if it's been checked out or beeps if it hasn't been. But I don't actually know. I should ask my local librarian, she's fun to talk anyway.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 29 May 2017, 16:57

Yurtles wrote:
29 May 2017, 15:14
I was surprised when that became a thing too. It must be a pretty robust system that they can trust it to let people just walk out the door with books without a person checking. Cool stuff.
I think it's magnetic or RFID or something, you don't scan a barcode when you check out you just sit the book on a table and it knows what book it was so I'm sure there would be some system at the doors that would go off and record what book it was and have a siren or something.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 May 2017, 17:02

Disco wrote:
29 May 2017, 16:57
Yurtles wrote:
29 May 2017, 15:14
I think it's magnetic or RFID or something, you don't scan a barcode when you check out you just sit the book on a table and it knows what book it was so I'm sure there would be some system at the doors that would go off and record what book it was and have a siren or something.
So next time you go you are testing this system?
Completely accidental mistake of course....
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

storm84

Post by storm84 » 29 May 2017, 17:05

I think, to be fair, it's worth reminiscing that libraries haven't traditionally been populated with staff who could really stop anyone just walking out with whatever they wished.
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 29 May 2017, 17:09

TBF most librarians probably wouldn't hassle you if you tried to walk out with a book before there was self-checkout and RFID tags.

Edit: What he said ^
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 May 2017, 19:19

Nitephyre wrote:
29 May 2017, 13:06
it took 2 months for them to replace a toilet seat and they still haven't done anything about the dead freezer (only one) for over a month.
Don't forget about the decorative handwash dispensers! I really must laugh at all those involved with putting the bathroom vanity units together... you can't even refill the wall mounted handwash dispensers. That's an expensive fail there across 40+ levels. At least my coffee fail was all because I was too busy focusing on the girl I was with ;)
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 29 May 2017, 22:04

Why does exercise have to get so much more complicated the more you get into it? I'm losing weight atm when I was fully expecting to gain some. God help me if I need to start calorie counting.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 May 2017, 11:00

You know what I hate? People.

Stupid people specifically.

I had to ask our whole network to fill out one form that would take no more than 5-10 minutes, it's a 1 pager. I received about 70% of them back by the due date and had to follow a few up, and you'd think I was asking them to pull teeth. Honestly. "I wasn't sure why you needed it"... okay, so ring me and talk to me about it if you're unclear or if I've been unclear, that's a much more adult response than sitting with your thumb up your arse until it's overdue and having zero intention of completing it prior to your meeting.

Fucking idiot.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 May 2017, 11:40

I use to have a similar problem with getting people to read reports prior to meetings so we could just get into the discussing what to do and not briefing people on the contents of the report. My Director told me to still go ahead with meetings, have him invited at the last minute and he'd pull the slackers up. Man that was fun to watch.

It's a pity that the beaurocrates still fire the hard workers during culls and not many of the slackers.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 May 2017, 11:44

It's very frustrating given the support we give them but it's all very one sided, but that is the exact reason we wanted this documentation so we could be up to speed and not waste any time going over those details in our meetings.

We're just going to start firing off intentions to breach and breach notices for non compliance now, should rock a few boats!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 May 2017, 11:57

Good luck with rocking the boats!

Sometimes it's needed so people will get their act together.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 May 2017, 14:32

It is amazing the amount of people that just love doing the bear minimum that won't get them fired... but whoa... don't ask them to do something that is in the PD that sounds hard...
Working for a government organisation means that our firing policies are harder to get done than most private businesses... so it never happens.
We just make the hard workers do the work the other people should have been doing, and leaving the slackers alone so they don't file a complaint of harassment.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

storm84

Post by storm84 » 30 May 2017, 14:57

That seems to be the way of things in the PS - It's easier to shuffle someone sideways than it is to performance manage them so that's what happens. I've co-worker was explaining to me the "no surprises" clause in performance review meetings, so if ant action needs to be taken it needs to be done proactively above and beyond the allotted time for such matters.

I remember working with one guy who was a former mainframe developer. He'd been shuffled sideways into a job be was not able to do, so he spent his time either staring at the monitor or taking leave without pay until his generous pension would kick in. It was tragic, really.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 May 2017, 17:32

Just parked my Harley for the winter, it was -5 overnight here so those days and done for the next few months
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 31 May 2017, 17:19

#covfefe
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 May 2017, 17:28

kharis wrote:
31 May 2017, 17:19
#covfefe
That looks like a Diablo 3 character name to me.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 31 May 2017, 17:33

That name is not available :P
0 x