Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Mugsy

Re: Diablo III

Post by Mugsy » 02 Jul 2017, 23:17

One of the lucky buggers in my clan got Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang and the offhand in primal and ancient rolls respectively... looks like he's set for group Necro meta build.

I'm still going through the story... used this run as an opportunity to get all the A5 lore books and find all the dungeons. 100% campaign achievements again.

Tomorrow night will begin with the break in to the pandermonium fortress... love that sequence! Then I'll start on the other Necro achievements to get those sweet wings.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Jul 2017, 10:00

I decided that I can't afford the Necro currently... so playing through another class I haven't used yet. The wizard.
Seem to be leveling much quicker than I remember... but I assume the hellfire amulet and ring are helpful for that. Along with Caine's set...
I have made it to level 40 so far, leveling along in T1. Managed to get 7 levels last night in a single rift...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Jul 2017, 11:12

Yeah, the hellfire ring grants you 45% more xp... And I believe that's multiplicative with the xp increase you get from playing at a higher difficulty too.

If you're using a gem of ease too, that'll add to the levelling speed.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Jul 2017, 11:31

I have the gem, but not a weapon to put it into.
Might make a new weapon tonight to get me through a few more levels.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 03 Jul 2017, 16:34

After much pain and suffering over the last couple of days, I managed to get through grift 85 on the necro this afternoon. The biggest difficulty I had was the masses of mobs flinging fireballs, acid bees, etc. Can deal with pretty much anything else. I've been happy with using the Oculus Ring on my templar. It really helps to get the damage boost from the circle it drops. It places them very regularly, so I find it to be pretty handy.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Jul 2017, 21:32

Finished the campaign. That was quite a fun revisit of story mode with a new class and also ticked off on all the missing Act 5 campaign achievements too.

Also did most of the Necro achievements... just got Skeleton Crew to finish... I'm on 111/500 elite kills. This is gonna take a lot of rifts.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Jul 2017, 09:28

Looks like a game breaking bug got through...

It's been confirmed that it's indeed a bug and will be patched out.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Jul 2017, 14:34

Nothing like a sick day at home to get through some achievements... Trag'Oul wings done!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jul 2017, 10:43

Anyone who hasn't had a run through the new areas Shrouded Moors and Temple of the First Born, it's a nice little mini campaign with a nice surprise that adds to the Diablo 3 lore (a few lore books along the way and explore the room after the end battle). Start at the Shrouded Moors... it eventually connects through to the Temple of the First Born.

Also, from looking at the Necromancer BTS vid below, it's good to see that they still have a lead writer around. I hope this means that we might see a proper second expansion down the track.

After playing with the Necro over the past week, I'm liking the class but I feel that a bit of work needs to go into synergy between resource generators and resource spenders... the synergy between these two groups of skills feels clunky which is probably why we haven't seen any builds that use FnR. That might be a good thing as it gives us more flexibility to just use other rings but many builds are still going for the Endless Walk set because of the huge damage boost set jewellery gives. Adding in some synergy between generators and spenders will at least make those sorts of builds viable if the best rings you drop early on in a season is FnR.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jul 2017, 13:54

There's another game breaking bug doing the rounds atm... mediocre teams are hitting GR129+ with room to push higher.

Dunno why they're bothering... it's an exploit that will be patched out and anyone in a team composition that uses the exploit will likely have their place removed and potentially banned as well.

The leaderboards drama of D3 continues.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Pade

Post by Pade » 05 Jul 2017, 14:36

Been trying out a few more builds

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91330- ... -speedfarm is an unreal speed farm exploding corpse build, heaps of fun.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91220- ... ld-updated is a nice pet build, Ive been running it with devouring aura out of laziness but it melts
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jul 2017, 20:25

I saw Anthony Evans' vid of that Blood God build... looks like fun.

Most I've got of any 6pc set is still 3pcs and at this point, I'm partially considering not bothering with finding any more gear till S11 starts since I'm going to have to do it all over again.

Been thinking about getting my Leapquake Barb retuned to be optimal... I like the cold version but it's not competitive, esp since they reworked the rumble rune.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Pade

Post by Pade » 06 Jul 2017, 12:27

I Like Anthony's vids, hes a funny dude.

Ive just about got a full ancient set of each 6pc set and have all but 2 things cubed in the necros Kanai's cube.
New builds daily to test and want to know whats going to push hard and be fun for seasonal.

Just did an 80 with this build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91398- ... video-gr92 it truly is a face roll but very satisfying to see the mages destroy large packs and pop elites like no tomorrow. Had plenty of room to push higher too, I suspect it will cap out around 90 with no augs and my current paragon (1324)

They really need to do a bit of a balance buff for the barb and crusader.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Jul 2017, 12:55

Yeah, the fact that Barbs and Saders lag behind in either GR pushing potential or build variety does deter me from playing those classes all too much.

As for the cube, I've cubed everything for 5 classes now. Missing Saffron Wrap for Barb which is why I feel like running LQ for a bit. Missing about 17 necro items in the cube atm myself which I'll do as part of the season journey requirements.

A strategy I'm going to use is to save the next two challenge rift catches to open in seasons for a quick mat boost.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jul 2017, 00:06

Go convinced to run my Tal/Vyrs wizard with a high end group tonight (Rift Guardian Killer role). Started with GR95 which was a piece of cake for the other guys (they done GR110+). We bumped it up to GR100... one of which we finished with just 1sec left on the clock. Close stuff!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 08 Jul 2017, 00:25

Mugsy wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 00:06
Go convinced to run my Tal/Vyrs wizard with a high end group tonight (Rift Guardian Killer role). Started with GR95 which was a piece of cake for the other guys (they done GR110+). We bumped it up to GR100... one of which we finished with just 1sec left on the clock. Close stuff!
Nice. I managed a solo 86 on the necro with 3 seconds left the other night. I could do more now I've had some upgrades, but getting bad levels a lot. With a necro, getting a starter level with mass fireballs is a complete no go.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jul 2017, 14:34

Cheers Ded.

GR86 solo is a good effort!

Incidentally, the hotfix that will nerf the Mirinae interaction with the Inarius set will not be live this weekend... not here until the devs are back at work after their weekend in the US:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topi ... 1#post-212

The post above also confirms that further action will be taken after the hotfix so we're expecting potential bans or at least rollbacks for accounts caught to be exploiting.

It also indicates that a double xp event is being considered... I replied to that saying double xp will still benefit exploiters (esp the ones they don't catch) and that a double bounty cache weekend might be better... or double ubers (at double difficulty) event... and that a special, cool cosmetic (Wings of Integrity or something around that theme) be given to non-exploiters... the cosmetic would remind players that ethical behaviour is what gets rewarded.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 08 Jul 2017, 18:27

I am going to try a Rathma's pet build that Pade showed me when the nerf drops. Got a reasonable set to start out.
0 x

Pade

Post by Pade » 10 Jul 2017, 09:37

Gratz on the 100 Mugsy.

Interested and a bit worried as to what they will do on the punishment side of things once the hotfix drops. I really hope they dont do a roll back (as its being talked about alot on streams, youtube and forums). I've spent most of off season lvling gems and collecting necro goodies. A rollback would hurt all the people doing the right thing (majority) as well as the hand full of exploiters.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jul 2017, 12:22

It won't be a roll back for everyone. That'll set back all the casuals. They'd need to target those with ridiculously high gems and can be seen to definitely be running the exploit. Not an easy job but they should have the necessary data to do this.

Edit: I think a roll back of accounts that participated in the exploit will happen. Some players have gained a lot of paragons and levelled up the gems too high for NS to be competitive. As for bans, I suspect a few. Without bans, the message to players is that we should try exploits as the worse that will happen is a roll back. Maybe they'll look at to period of time players use the exploit. Those who started early, didn't stop after the blue post and milked it to kingdom come would be primary targets.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Pade

Post by Pade » 10 Jul 2017, 16:08

In anticipation of the upcoming Mirinae interaction being nerfed Ive started trolling through some of the newish and hence forth low rated builds on diablofans.com

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92235- ... -speedfarm This is a LON exploding corpse build for farming that is very similar to the one I posted earlier.
It plays much nicer though and has a heap more toughness. Overall very fast and fun to play, one of my favorite Necro builds so far.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jul 2017, 20:13

If I can finally drop some ancient Necro gear, I think I'll look into that LON build... I'm running LON atm anyway but need to some proper Necro gear in ancient.

Also might give this build a go:

Not sure if I want to follow Anthony's variation or the original one:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91053- ... cer-gr-100
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jul 2017, 12:35

Blue post on the whole exploit debacle:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topi ... 7#post-530

Guess we need to wait to see what streamers dig up from this point onwards.

But double xp weekend ahead so I guess I'm running my Tal/Vyrs Wizard!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 11 Jul 2017, 12:41

So the community is pissed because the people that took advantage didn't get hit hard enough?
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Pade

Post by Pade » 11 Jul 2017, 13:46

Rip Innas bone storm, nerfed hard.

Pretty lax on the people who took advantage of the exploit but I kinda don't care all that much, didn't affect me at all.
Looking forward to the double XP weekend, I have about 400 key stones saved up, should get me a few more paras!
0 x