Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
DarkMellie

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Oct 2018, 21:33

Had some free M4s for EFT for some reason... I think a christmas gift from last year. Thought it was only weapons, but activated it today and woah.

A keybar!! I've got 21 keys in total, that's 21 units of space and a lot of faffing around when I go into a raid. With a keybar, it's a single space of inventory that holds 16 keys. And because they don't need to leave your secure container before being used, I can now just open doors for dayz (and note the purple factory key, found it on a dead scav last night... very rare drop for a mid-map doorway on the Customs map).

And secondly, an iCase! A 4x4 case that opens up into an 8v8 space. Stashed my high end weapons, money and bitcoin in there.

Total saving of 63 spaces in my stash.

Still hooked, still recommending people either give EFT a crack, or reinstall/update if it's been a while. Lots of carnage and fun to be had.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mini

Post by Mini » 02 Oct 2018, 13:05

Have now completed Sniper Elite 4 on the normal difficulty in co-op.
Going to do a few survival runs now, and then maybe turn the difficulty up and redo some of the campaign missions.

Also got Pathfinder Kingmaker from the Kickstarter and I'm struggling through it. Have got to a point where I'm not sure how to win a fight, seem to die very quickly. So backtracking a bit to see if I can get some better equipment and consumables. I know there is a kingdom running portion to the game, but I haven't made it even close to that yet. Really hoping I can clear this fight that is annoying me.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Oct 2018, 23:48

What's Pathfinder about, Mini? Have seen a few people playing it.

Made one million roubles in tarkov tonight with 15k USD and 500 EU. Found a second bitcoin, sold all my mods... managed to get three traders ready for level 2 based on spend, I now just need to get my player level up to unlock their next sections. Hopefully the rumours are true that the next wipe leaves trader levels intact. My goal here is to have access to all equipment so I can start attempting some map sweeps (spawn, kill everyone). Given how hard it is to level the traders up (even with doing their quests), suspect I'll have $5M+ by the time I get to top trader levels.

Played entirely Factory tonight, spawned with nothing but my axe, and did a quick sweep of the weapon case on the ground floor, the locked room on level 3 and the safe/filing cabinets next door to that. Grabbed a shitload of kills (and dogtags) and loot for days. I imagine there will be some sort of mechanic put in place that won't allow this in future as the game gets closer to 1.0.

And now downloading Forza Horizon 4... anyone playing?
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Oct 2018, 12:34

DarkMellie wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 23:48
What's Pathfinder about, Mini? Have seen a few people playing it.
It is an RPG mostly I think, but looks like you take control of a Kingdom a bit further into the game and then have to run that as well...
I'm not far enough into it to work it out yet. RPG elements are fun though, but the fights seem either really easy and every enemy gets 1 shot. Or way too hard and I get 1 shot...

DarkMellie wrote:
I downloaded it last night on my XBox... too bad I don't have Gold to play with anyone else.
I have the game pass so thought I would give it a try. And so far my kids have played it and I haven't had a chance.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 03 Oct 2018, 16:13

DarkMellie wrote:
Downloading it now on XB1 :D
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Oct 2018, 16:59

I've had a few cracks at Tarkov the last few nights and i keep running into hackers. It took me a bit to realize the crazy firefights i was hearing werent... they were people trying to shoot me from halfway across the map through walls etc. It finally clicked after i got solidly ambushed a few times in a row after having stray rounds from "other firefights" crack by me.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

storm84

Post by storm84 » 03 Oct 2018, 17:19

Uninstalled Rocket League again because there's playing against bots is boring/predictable, and there's a massive skills gap between the players I'm paired with and me so that means frustration more than anything.

In more positive news, there's a free content update for XCOM2:WotC, so there's a good excuse to reinstall that game.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 03 Oct 2018, 19:14

Started playing fallout 4 again because I never finished it and I probably should.

Let’s see how far I get...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Oct 2018, 22:14

I'm with you, Kharis. I completed FO3 and New Vegas multiple times but couldn't muster the legs for FO4. I did absolutely LOVE the survival mode and ground that out for 50 hours or so, but understandably it slows down your game completion. I'm just finding the gameworld too full... as all open worlds are today. I want space... space to feel I'm discovering something else other than map points.

====

This is pretty much how every life on SCUM ends for me. I make my way into a secured area, dodging mechs and crowds of zombies... I gear up, get a full kit of armour, scoped weapons, the lot... then I die to hordes of zombies.

Good times!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Oct 2018, 15:12

It's funny with those Bethesda open worlds just how much they put in these worlds for you to do, and to explore, until you realise how much of it is busy work and that any sense of story that connects it all is lost. I played Fallout 4 through to the end, but really there was two parts to the game when I played. The first part of just getting a feel for the world and doing the odd quest here and there, and the basics of crafting / town defence. Then after that became a bit tedious, then there's the main story missions and those can go rather quickly.

Given what Obsidian did with F:NV, it's a little disappointing that they weren't given a chance to do the same with another Fallout standalone game. Or at least Chris Avellone should have been given a ton of money to lead an in-house creative project in Bethesda. Oh well.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 07 Oct 2018, 16:12

My biggest issue with FO4 and what stopped me completing is i get sidetracked by building bullshit, it's entirely silly and doesnt add anything to the game at all but timesink.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Oct 2018, 16:40

I finanly got around to starting Dishonored 2 this weekend. So far, pretty good.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 08 Oct 2018, 10:17

escape from Tarkov game sounds interesting DM. can you get it on steam or just thru their website?
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 08 Oct 2018, 10:19

Nekosan wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 16:12
My biggest issue with FO4 and what stopped me completing is i get sidetracked by building bullshit, it's entirely silly and doesnt add anything to the game at all but timesink.
The current playthrough I'm doing is using the Sim Settlements and Horizon mods, which adds a point to the base building. Sim Settlements means you can just define areas for settlers to build and they can handle the actual building for you, meaning you can get a working base without doing the building yourself. And there is a huge benefit to having functioning towns with a lot of civilians, as you can assign them to Job Stations in Horizon, meaning you can send your spare settlers out on missions to collect resources for you. Horizon also comes with another mod called Architect, where you can just drop a letter box of different types (e.g. "Large Residential" or "Medium Industry") and then select a building from a list of templates which can be dropped into place in a location of your choosing. It means I can fairly quickly set up settlements and not have to all the building manually if I don't feel like it. With Architect, as long as the letterbox is inside your boundaries, the building can actually be outside the boundaries to a degree, meaning you can have a larger base than you could normally.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Oct 2018, 10:24

MuscularTeeth wrote:escape from Tarkov game sounds interesting DM. can you get it on steam or just thru their website?
Just through the website atm.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Oct 2018, 21:06

Big day in Mellieland. Stuck in Devonport for a few days but still a big day today...

Grabbed a Steam controller as my 3rd xo stick had a dodgy rb. Looking forward to a kb/m replacement and frkm what i've read of how profiles work, a solid twiddlestick replacement with a bit of practice.

Also grabbed X4Foundations on preorder... so pumped for a new X title.

Also on the new Note 9... Asphalt 9. Stunning, stunning looking game. Post-processing for dayz.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 08 Oct 2018, 21:11

storm84 wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 16:40
I finanly got around to starting Dishonored 2 this weekend. So far, pretty good.
I've never played either of them, keep meaning to.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 08 Oct 2018, 21:53

I really enjoyed the first one - it was a hybrid of Thief, BioShock, and Deus Ex with a half decent story and a cool steampunk setting. What I thought was really cool about it was that your gameplay style affected the world - a high violence route made security beef up for later missions, so there was a reward for doing stealth and not leaving a bunch of dead bodies for plague infected rats to feast on.

Upon thinking about it, don't know why I didn't start 2 the moment it was released...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 09 Oct 2018, 21:56

I can sense huge potential for the steam controller but so far... not good. Can't download community configs so can't really take advantage of all the extra bells and whistles without a horrific amount of tooling around. But already, setting up configs are easy and the instructions are straightforward, it just requires a lot of tweaking.

In X-Rebirth (as I get enormously excited for X4 Foundations in November... pretty much the reason I bought the controller) I've so far managed to make steering possible with joystick and motion-control for steering which is a bit ungainly, but it's just nicely different to even be able to do that.

Very very hard however getting used to having the buttons below the 'twiddle stick' (in this case, actually a haptic disc). First radically new controller design since the NES days.

EDIT: DLC in 'Fall 2018' for Battletech! Jesus christ the forums are on fire, pitchforks and peasants all around Paradox's castle. FFS, you've had one of the best games of 2018 for hundreds of hours and are pissing and moaning about paying for more stuff? Ludicrous.

Also, updates for Mudrunner.. new maps, vehicles, new game-mode. Giggity.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 10 Oct 2018, 07:09

Why can't you download the steam controller community configs?? It's a big help.

I normally look at the top 5 or 6 then download the one I like best and tweak it a little.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 10 Oct 2018, 10:08

Kendrite wrote:Why can't you download the steam controller community configs?? It's a big help.

I normally look at the top 5 or 6 then download the one I like best and tweak it a little.
There's a few people with the same error. Just simply unable to download.

Oh well, gave me lots of practice making one for Battletech last night.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 11 Oct 2018, 20:05

SC configs now working. Such a weird way to play but I'm persisting... and most configs don't quite meet what I need so I'm still tinkering here and there.

Super excited for releases across the next two months... Blops 4 tonight, RDR2 and X4 in November... great time to be alive!

And Escape from Tarkov is rapidly rising to be one of my all-time favourite games. From what I've read though, the current state of endless loot will die down as it closes in on release... it's intended to be more of a survival game which I'm struggling to wrap my head around as it's more of a milsim-arena at the moment.

Time will tell.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 12 Oct 2018, 01:36

25% discount on Escape from Tarkov and all upgrades on the 14th and 15th of October.

If you've been on the fence, those are the days to grab it. If you've played it and like what you've seen... upgrade to the Edge of Darkness edition.. you get a bunch of specced weapons, the largest storage space and secured gamma container, but best of all you get a keybar (single slot item that fits 20 or so keys).
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 12 Oct 2018, 12:16

Blops is out, I finally get a whole afternoon to myself to play... and my son is on my account playing fortnite while my wife works (she works from home).

Oh well, back to X-Rebirth.

Also, Stardew Valley preordered on iPad, release date is the 24th of October.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 13 Oct 2018, 00:04

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom... what a glorious, gorgeous game it is. Little easy, sure, but sumptuous visuals, fun gameplay and the little kingdom builder at the heart of it is pure magic.

I didn't really understand the kingdom builder.. I thought it was all about research. But you can run around it and buy things and have your people craft things... opens it right up to a fundamental part of the overall game rather than a pointless (but fun/cute) layer.

Aaaaand X-Rebirth. Going well with the Steam Controller, visiting the Home of Light (that came out as DLC with the release of v4.0). It's the only set of sectors that has no highways, you literally have to fly around and find them for yourself. Found this handy map;

https://seizewell.de/rebirth/map/Map-Rebirth.jpg

...each picture shows their relative position as to the sector-map ingame. With that, it becomes doable but god help the people that had to put this together.

I should just start up a blog and find a quiet corner of the internet to ramble to myself :D
0 x