Bugs and Issues

Welcome to the NWN forums!
André Axe'm

Re: Bugs and Issues

Post by André Axe'm » 23 Dec 2018, 11:01

Oh must of typoed the item resref. At least that code change is stopping ingredients being used up for no result.
0 x

WilStryker

Post by WilStryker » 24 Dec 2018, 17:33

Just reached Level 45 and took the Epic Bane of Enemies and Elemental Immunity feats, however only the Elemental Immunity feat is in my list. The Epic Bane of Enemies is missing.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 25 Dec 2018, 13:09

Epic Bane of Enemies means Epic feat called Bane of Enemies.
I strongly doubt the system would allow you to take Bane of Enemies if you already had it.
0 x

Novoshijak

Post by Novoshijak » 03 Jan 2019, 18:07

This isn't a bug so much as me not knowing how something works.

Dark Lord in Kabu Crypt Casts "Eye of the Destroyer"...

I see this is a ALOE Mythic Feat spell. Does this continue on for the full 20 rounds regardless whether the caster is alive?

I actually killed the Dark Lord, got damaged once by EOTD, healed up to full health, and then died instantly about 10 seconds later.

I have immunity to Death Magic, so I am assuming I was killed by the potential 600 dmg on a failed roll (Fortitude DC: 41), although the summary doesn't have any damage applied, I just died instantly from full health.

Interested to know how this works...

Eye of the Destroyer

Type of Feat: Mythic Spell

Prerequisites: 41st level and Epic Wizard/Sorcerer.

Specifics: Every 2 rounds one enemy creature the caster looks at must pass a fortitude save vs death or drop dead instantly. The target will also be struck with 30d20 magic energy damage, passing the fortitude save will half this damage.

Save: Fortitude vs Death negates instant death and halves damage.

Duration: 20 rounds.

Use: Cast
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 03 Jan 2019, 22:20

There seems to be a problem with XI summons that I have noticed since my character Ryannia taken her 41st level ... I use the invisible assassin summons at XI everything appears to be fine till it takes just 1 hit from any monster and its stats and AC drop like a stone...

When buffed up the summons notably has STR 42, DEX 47 the rest being 20 and an AC of 57 (which is also not what it used to be at level 40, that being AC 59)... Once hit though all stats drop to there base level STR the exception but still dropping to a next to useless 35 not 30 as maxed Bulls still in effect, DEX drops to 37 all other stats to 16 also the AC drps to 51 ... This in effect is making the summons next to useless in combating anything better than say a greater scourge and seriously gets chopped to pieces by lengendary scourge or any other legendary creature...

So is this a mythnic level bug or a new unreported one ?

Anyone have any other idea what is happening in these circumstancies ?
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 03 Jan 2019, 22:59

Possibly getting hit with a Dispel? I'll make the bonuses Supernatural effects, so they shouldn't be removeable in the next update.
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 04 Jan 2019, 00:09

I tried it against several different monsters I would not have thought they all have a dispell effect sort of on-hit type of effect... Am aware that the likes of minotaurs have some aura versus invisibility but that is totally different to this... Hopefully though a fix maybe in the next update, my thanks for that Andre...
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 04 Jan 2019, 11:13

Had a thought. Its the temporary hit points in the effect link. When those run out its wiping all the bonuses.
Making that a separate effect.
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 04 Jan 2019, 17:29

Not sure what your getting at there Andre... But am sure you'll look into this and sort out what is going on and put in a correction to stop it happening...

Just shows how little I know of coding I guess...
0 x

Novoshijak

Post by Novoshijak » 05 Jan 2019, 22:26

This is a bit complicated, but the crux of this issue seems to be that "Training Required" skills can't be initially learnt on a Mythic Level...? I can't see any mention of this limitation in the Wiki, but I could certainly understand this being a built-in issue (if I'm not making it up?)...

The story...

In 'Ziegen - Old Crypt', there are 2 doors that are both locked and trapped. I can unlock the doors, but am not able to open either as they are also trapped, and any attempt to open the door just repeatedly sets off the traps.

In an attempt to deal with this problem, I have taken an initial 1 skill point in 'Disable Traps' on my upgrade to Mythic Level 41...

It seems that as this is a 'Training Required' skill, and as I have taken the initial training Skill point on a Mythic Level, that this has not applied.

The Character Screen has no "Disable Trap" skill level displayed, as it normally would with a "Training Required" Skill at 0, even though I have assigned Skill points to "Disable Trap" on level 41.

As a test, I have returned to the doors in question, and I seem to meet the 'Search' DC required, in the sense that I can see they are *Red*, but I am not able to access any options from the Disable menu. (I'm not really sure how search works exactly, but I am assuming that seeing they are red is enough to attempt a Disable? - For Reference I have Search - 7).

I was actually in the presence of a DM (Alkarl) while discussing my initial problems with the doors, but he was not present for my attempt to solve the problem myself by taking Disable Trap at level 41. He mentioned the traps both appear to have a Disable Check of DC: 40, (which I could manage if trained), but I am assuming they have a much lower Detect DC?

Any assistance or advice appreciated...
0 x

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 06 Jan 2019, 02:33

You are correct. Search and Disable checks are entirely separate from one another; being able to see the trap does not necessarily mean that you can do anything about it.
The Disable Trap skill is indeed trained-only, and yes, trained-only skills will not apply if you first take them in Mythic levels. I learned this the hard way too; I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a hardcoding quirk with the game (I suspect the latter because of how Mythic levels are applied to characters).
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 06 Jan 2019, 20:46

As reported on the update thread... The new hunter at Lanloch camp does not appear to have a conversation, thus can not hand in any skins etc...
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 16 Jan 2019, 12:02

The door at the entrance of Old Ziegen Crypt (in Leg Cave) has a trapped door that appears to be bugged. Despite my Vampire Monk having enough Pick Lock and Disable Trap, the disable trap step gets reported as a failure even if your Take 20 is over the DC. Is this able to be fixed? IMHO main quests with locked doors should have some option for characters without rogue skills to get the key. For instance, having to clear an additional area with miniboss to get the key. I would put this dungeon in this category, as I would the lizard cult base in the Homeland Security quest.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 17 Jan 2019, 14:45

Not actually a bug, just stupid rules and feedback in the game.
A character that is not a Rogue cannot Disarm a trap that has a base DC greater than 35.
You can however, Recover the trap.
0 x

Novoshijak

Post by Novoshijak » 20 Jan 2019, 20:37

Not a huge bug just something I stumbled across... ;)

I was exploring and ended up in Loknar (as Surfacer) and tried to talking to a few people...

Before I knew it, Beledridia Kelin (Drow Employment Services) was suggesting I deal with their Svirfneblin problems ... (I.e offering up a whole new line of Home Security Quests...)

I tried to cancel out of the conversation as soon as possible, but it ended up in my quest book anyway...

I assume this isn't intended?

To the same effect, another of the UD Employment Service members was suggesting I divulge information I had about a missing surfacer girl (Maitaph Quest)... Naturally I declined to provide the information... (Was able to cancel out of this straight away without any quest interference).

Pretty much everyone else in Loknar says something along the lines of ... 'Get out of my sight filthy Rivvel!', which is somewhat more an expected response... Perhaps the Employment Service operators should say something similar? ;)

As a side note, Is it possible to have the Drow - Home Security Quest line removed from my Quest Journal?

:thumbup:
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 20 Jan 2019, 22:18

I think 99% of them already are faction blocked. So I'm surprised those two aren't.

A DM should be able to wipe the quest from your Journal. I think the Journal won't update until you relog though. Quest ID is 59.
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 23 Jan 2019, 10:20

I have a Mythic level bug on my Fighter/WM/DD. When leveling up at 43 (fighter), the only feat options I am given at the Great ability feats. I know I qualify for at least Damage Immunity... Not sure what is going on, can get a screen grab if needed.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 24 Jan 2019, 16:48

The list sometimes gets cut off. Exit it and try again if you think it is missing something.
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 06 Feb 2019, 18:07

Woodworking Schematic 1 - Double Timbers is no longer working.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 06 Feb 2019, 18:10

What are you making that isn't getting doubled?
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 06 Feb 2019, 18:58

Arrow Shafts
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 06 Feb 2019, 19:11

Advanced or normal?
If Advanced, its never worked for those and needs correcting.
If Normal, the code looks fine, so maybe it can't find the schematic in your pack.
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 06 Feb 2019, 22:22

Advanced :(
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 06 Feb 2019, 22:30

Okay, adding it to the list for the next patch...
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 10 Mar 2019, 18:37

Not sure if this is a bug... Haliah is trivial on all other all other excelsior weapons...

0 x